Question / Help Elgato HD60 S Crash Screen On OBS Studio (Please Help)

The Ninja Gamer

Log File: https://hastebin.com/lesexabodu

Ok, I've been trying to get an answer to this problem and fix it since October of 2016, and I would really appreciate an actual answer and help to this problem from someone, seriously. I already know how bad my PC is, I don't need anyone blaming it for the problem immediately without actually looking into it though. Because for the past almost two years, I have been able to record and stream fine without any issues other than the one I'm about to present. So, please, someone look into this and help me. It would be greatly appreciated and take at least one weight off of my shoulders.
Anyway, here's the actual problem. I have my Elgato HD60 S put as a source on OBS Studio so I can record and stream console games with it (Switch, Wii U, 360, PS4, etc). For some times, there aren't any big problems for the first few minutes of recording and/or streaming. There's no lag, everything works, and I can usually just finish it off easily with no complaints. However, after a while, for whatever reason in OBS, all of a sudden the Elgato Capture screen just stops completely. It doesn't go black or show any kind of "Elgato Crashed" text, but rather the Elgato will just stop at one frame. When this happens, not only does the screen capture stop, but the audio also stops, and I have no idea why this happens. Everything else in OBS will work perfectly (my voice, facecam, the chat, animations, etc) but only Elgato will stop working, and the only way for me to "fix" this temporarily is for me to stop the stream/recording, close out of OBS, re-open it, and then start streaming/recording again, which is not only tedious, but also most times doesn't even fix the whole problem until 2 or 3 tries have gone by (the problem will just keep repeating). Again, I have no idea why this happens and I want to fix it, but I have no idea how. Can anyone help me? If need be, I can provide a link to an example stream (with a timestamp) showing what I mean. Please help, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance (I hope).

-Ninja

ToxemicJet

I’m having the same issue! My Elgato will run fine some days and then once it crashes one time it will do it every time I restart it and I can’t find a source as to why(sometimes I just won’t stream that day, make sure everything gets powered off that night and it will work fine the next day). Also as of yesterday when my Elgato crashes my entire OBS studio will crash shortly after when I try to refresh my Elgato. Have you found out any more information on this?? It would be much appreciated

carlmmii

Are you plugged into a USB3.0 port directly on your motherboard? Are you using an extender or hub? Do you have any other USB3.0 devices plugged into the same header?

The Ninja Gamer

Are you plugged into a USB3.0 port directly on your motherboard? Are you using an extender or hub? Do you have any other USB3.0 devices plugged into the same header?
Yes, it is directly connected to the Laptop. No extenders are used at all whatsoever, and I only have one 3.0 USB port, which is the one the Elgato uses.

The Ninja Gamer

I’m having the same issue! My Elgato will run fine some days and then once it crashes one time it will do it every time I restart it and I can’t find a source as to why(sometimes I just won’t stream that day, make sure everything gets powered off that night and it will work fine the next day). Also as of yesterday when my Elgato crashes my entire OBS studio will crash shortly after when I try to refresh my Elgato. Have you found out any more information on this?? It would be much appreciated
Sadly no more info as of yet, but hopefully it comes soon.