Downstream Keyer

Downstream Keyer 0.3.1

UniversalLive

INS4NITY

Is layering supposed to follow the DSK tab order? I've noticed that the layer order seems to kind of randomly assign itself on OBS startup, at least on Linux.

Halefa

Is it possible to get a bit more information on the output source? What does it do, how can one use it?
I tried to use it with the source record plugin, but it didn't quite work and I'm wondering whether it works at all, or whether I used it wrong.

What I did:
- Created a scene with only the output source in it. Source record plugin on that source. (I would never show this scene)

What happened:
- The first scene I was on when the recording starts, is recorded fine. As soon as I switch scene, the recording would stop.

Do I need to add the recording scene to every scene that I might want to record?

elementxstyle

Hey guys, I love the plugin. Is there any plans to add support for Stream Deck? Where we can have buttons for individual downstream key scenes? So that we could set up buttons in Stream Deck and have it point to an individual overlay?

lcalder

@Exceldro, When this plugin is loaded, OBS is not able to read the main window dimensions and set them properly upon launch on Mac (ARM version M1, M1 Max, M2, Ventura 13.3.1). Also, the size/position of docks surrounding the main preview are not remembered/set upon launch. Interestingly, OBS will remember the x/y coordinates of the top/left corner of the main window (but not the height/width of the window). It seems the window loads with everything crunched into the smallest configuration possible, given the layout of preview and docks established. This problem does NOT occur when loaded on a Windows 10 computer with all of the below plugins installed...
To reproduce (on MacOS ARM):
1. remove all 3rd-party plugins, except for this one.
2. launch OBS
3. set the dimensions of the main window by clicking and dragging on the window borders as desired. Also, position/dimension any docks the way you desire.
4. exit OBS
5. relaunch OBS.
6. the settings will not be adjusted to the dimensions/positions you exited with.

The scene collection has only one scene with a simple screen capture. nothing else.
The profile, scene collection, and log file of the second launch are included below.
This has been tested with OBS 28 - 29.1.

I normally use about 16+ 3rd party plugins, and this problem consistently with 5+ plugins (including this one) (confirmed individually with only that plugin installed) and somewhat consistently with 2 more. 11 plugins have been confirmed to not show this problem. Names of plugins given below. Since this affects more than one plugin, I initially wrote it up on the OBS 29 RC page, as I noted there that it must be a function in the OBS API itself, versus something the 3rd party plugin was doing due to the fact that so many different plugins evinced the problem. They said that, be that as it may, I should pursue the issue with each developer first and then they would look into it if the 3rd party plugin developer had more information after checking into it.

The plugins showing the problem are: downstream-keyer, audio-monitor, media-controls, obs-midi-mg, freeze-filter, and then most of the time showing the problem: droidcamobs, source-copy, source-dock.

The plugins I use that do not show the problem are: advanced-scene-switcher, gradient-source, move-transition, obs-toolbar, replay-source, scene-collection-manager, source-clone, source-record, StreamDeckPlugin, transition-table, waveform.

Attachments

• 2023-05-16 01-10-55 downstream-keyer.txt
    14.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Archive.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 26

neilis

Hi, this is really a great plugin, I've been using it a lot.
Right now I am looking for the best way to be warned that my mic is muted (which I keep forgetting).
Could there be a way for a DSK overlay to show up only on the OBS preview monitor, but not the program?

OP3

I rely heavily on advanced scene switcher to move from scenes with an overlay or bottom third with X number of seconds so naturally this downstream keyer will do pretty much the same EXCEPT I can't seem to see any ability to add the DST's to advanced scene switcher to automatically turn them off. Right now I have to use my stream deck to delay and hide the DST / scene.
Any plans to have these available in advanced scene switcher @Exeldro ?

OP3

@Exeldro found a bug in downstream keyer. Renaming the keyer name (DSK1 by default) will wipe out all the following 2 hotkeys set up for the "collection" of scenes after a restart of OBS directly after renaming the keyer name:
Show on {keyer name}
Hide on {keyer name}

Bairespm

Hi @Exeldro , I have noticed that every time you start obs, multiple DSKs are enabled at the same time. How can I make this not happen? . Every time I open obs I must close one by one.. is it a bug?
thanks for your time and for these amazing plugins

phillymantis

any chance this becomes compatible with the vertical plugin from

aitum-vertical

i really would love to add a downstream key to my vertical scene and not my regular scenes

Martyats

New & Curious Problem with DSK & NDI
No change in DSK version # (0.2.6), have had it installed for months.
When NDI Screen Capture is open on another network machine (ie: PC2), with no video or audio selected or actually sending to NDI, The Program window in OBS (on PC1) shows PC2's desktop over all video in the scene. Camera is the only source in the scene.
No DSK sources are selected, the Pause || button makes no difference.
AND, the Virtual Camera output is unaffected.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-16 145532.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-08-16 145532.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 24

KyleAndrew

Hey folks sorry if this question has been answered before but I was unable to locate the answer I seek, perhaps because I don't know the wording that will reveal the answer. I have just installed downstream keyer and set it up, but I'm a bit frustrated by one thing. I have set up my streamdeck to use a hot key to play my scene using DSK no problem at all. But it only works once and then I have to go and manually hit the pause button in the dock in OBS. What I'm doing is playing a media source of a giant red X and WRONG ANSWER sound, and I need to be able to hit the button my stream deck whenever a wrong answer is given, almost game show style.

How can I configure this setup so that the scene is 'automatically paused or restarted' in DSK using only the stream deck button press?

Thank you in advance

OP3

Hey folks sorry if this question has been answered before but I was unable to locate the answer I seek, perhaps because I don't know the wording that will reveal the answer. I have just installed downstream keyer and set it up, but I'm a bit frustrated by one thing. I have set up my streamdeck to use a hot key to play my scene using DSK no problem at all. But it only works once and then I have to go and manually hit the pause button in the dock in OBS. What I'm doing is playing a media source of a giant red X and WRONG ANSWER sound, and I need to be able to hit the button my stream deck whenever a wrong answer is given, almost game show style.

How can I configure this setup so that the scene is 'automatically paused or restarted' in DSK using only the stream deck button press?

Thank you in advance
I use DK in a very similar fashion with 40+ hotkey "popup" graphics that appear and disappear using a custom transition... so I've got the DK'ers grouped together in sets where they all use the same transition such as "move right" "move bottom", etc where they all appear and disappear in the same direction.
The magic behind this is to get the scene to disappear. Each of these scenes have ONLY the graphic I'm using, not the background or anything else. To get the scene to disappear I use a plug in called advanced scene switcher, I believe. I think it's also written by the author of this plug in but it is an awesome plug in that you create macros that can do sooooooooo much. It's integral to me entire setup for streaming live hockey. I may have to look into how I specifically do this but from memory the macro looks for the scene that you're making show up in DK and after X seconds I switch back to my "live" scene with the transition that I used to show the same scene.

Obviously you can do whatever you like here.... Scene switcher can also execute a scene change at the end of a media source (you mentioned a video was playing) and many other scenarios.

Try it out and see if you can get the feel.... if you need more specific guidance I can respond with more specificity for you, let me know!

KyleAndrew

I use DK in a very similar fashion with 40+ hotkey "popup" graphics that appear and disappear using a custom transition... so I've got the DK'ers grouped together in sets where they all use the same transition such as "move right" "move bottom", etc where they all appear and disappear in the same direction.
The magic behind this is to get the scene to disappear. Each of these scenes have ONLY the graphic I'm using, not the background or anything else. To get the scene to disappear I use a plug in called advanced scene switcher, I believe. I think it's also written by the author of this plug in but it is an awesome plug in that you create macros that can do sooooooooo much. It's integral to me entire setup for streaming live hockey. I may have to look into how I specifically do this but from memory the macro looks for the scene that you're making show up in DK and after X seconds I switch back to my "live" scene with the transition that I used to show the same scene.

Obviously you can do whatever you like here.... Scene switcher can also execute a scene change at the end of a media source (you mentioned a video was playing) and many other scenarios.

Try it out and see if you can get the feel.... if you need more specific guidance I can respond with more specificity for you, let me know!

Firstly thank you for this reply. I am actually familiar with Advanced Scene Switcher, I used it during the NHL Playoffs to switch my intermission counter automatically once the scenes clock plugin hit 00:00 so it's really great for customizations, I know that much! But I'm not sure EXACTLY how I'd apply it here, and if you have said knowledge and could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it enormously. Here is more details about what I'm doing.

I have SCENE ONE with the host and the two guests. They will be answering trivia questions. I have SCENE RED X and SCENE GREEN CHECK for right or wrong answers, these are just overlays that play overtop of SCENE ONE when the guest gets the trivia questions right (SCENE GREEN CHECK) or wrong (SCENE RED X) which are just video files with buzzer or bing sounds, using DSK of course.

I have both SCENE RED X and SCENE GREEN CHECK mapped to a hotkey. The first time I use one of these DSK triggers it's great, I can use the keyboard shortcut or have it mapped through my Stream Deck. But the problem is I can't just use the hotkey again to have it repeat, I need to hit the PAUSE button in the DSK dock in order to 'reset' it. What I want is to be able to just mash that hotkey or stream deck button with the SCENE RED X playing over top or the SCENE GREEN CHECK playing over top without the extra step of having to 'reset' it or whatever is actually going on here, as I don't understand what exactly is going on with the plugin at this point I'm not sure how to word it. It's like DSK is not 'unloading' that overlay scene for repeated use.

So as you suggest perhaps, I could use advanced scene switcher somehow to accomplish this unloading? If you think that is possible, could you please explain how you would try doing so?

Thank you in advance.

OP3

Firstly thank you for this reply. I am actually familiar with Advanced Scene Switcher, I used it during the NHL Playoffs to switch my intermission counter automatically once the scenes clock plugin hit 00:00 so it's really great for customizations, I know that much! But I'm not sure EXACTLY how I'd apply it here, and if you have said knowledge and could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it enormously. Here is more details about what I'm doing.

I have SCENE ONE with the host and the two guests. They will be answering trivia questions. I have SCENE RED X and SCENE GREEN CHECK for right or wrong answers, these are just overlays that play overtop of SCENE ONE when the guest gets the trivia questions right (SCENE GREEN CHECK) or wrong (SCENE RED X) which are just video files with buzzer or bing sounds, using DSK of course.

I have both SCENE RED X and SCENE GREEN CHECK mapped to a hotkey. The first time I use one of these DSK triggers it's great, I can use the keyboard shortcut or have it mapped through my Stream Deck. But the problem is I can't just use the hotkey again to have it repeat, I need to hit the PAUSE button in the DSK dock in order to 'reset' it. What I want is to be able to just mash that hotkey or stream deck button with the SCENE RED X playing over top or the SCENE GREEN CHECK playing over top without the extra step of having to 'reset' it or whatever is actually going on here, as I don't understand what exactly is going on with the plugin at this point I'm not sure how to word it. It's like DSK is not 'unloading' that overlay scene for repeated use.

So as you suggest perhaps, I could use advanced scene switcher somehow to accomplish this unloading? If you think that is possible, could you please explain how you would try doing so?

Thank you in advance.
Ahhh yes, I remember encountering that issue.... I'll have to look at the particulars of my system and let you know how I addressed it. I know I can absolutely recall the same scene almost immediately but not off the top of my head. It'll be late tonight or tomorrow AM before I can look at it for you but I'll get back.

KyleAndrew

Ahhh yes, I remember encountering that issue.... I'll have to look at the particulars of my system and let you know how I addressed it. I know I can absolutely recall the same scene almost immediately but not off the top of my head. It'll be late tonight or tomorrow AM before I can look at it for you but I'll get back.
I appreciate it. Thank you!

OP3

I appreciate it. Thank you!
1695272705310.png

Okay, when you put the scene into DSK it will add two hotkey capabilities "Show on X" and "Hide on X" whereas X is your DSK tab name. I'm using a stream deck so on execute the stream deck sends the hotkey for show, delay 15 seconds and then sends the hotkey for hide. I tried using advanced scene switcher to detect when that DSK is executed but I can't figure it out. You can have a hot key pressed as the result of some macro but the detect part I can't figure out.
If you use a streamdeck this should be straightforward, otherwise you might have to use two hotkeys to show and hide manually.

KyleAndrew

Okay, when you put the scene into DSK it will add two hotkey capabilities "Show on X" and "Hide on X" whereas X is your DSK tab name. I'm using a stream deck so on execute the stream deck sends the hotkey for show, delay 15 seconds and then sends the hotkey for hide. I tried using advanced scene switcher to detect when that DSK is executed but I can't figure it out. You can have a hot key pressed as the result of some macro but the detect part I can't figure out.
If you use a streamdeck this should be straightforward, otherwise you might have to use two hotkeys to show and hide manually.
This solution worked absolutely perfectly for me! Very straightforward, functions as a load, delay (2000ms) and then unload ready to be used again with a single button press.

Thank you so much for this and your patience in teaching me. I appreciate your help a great deal my friend!

Reactions: OP3