Downstream Keyer

Downstream Keyer 0.3.2

brucewilde51

Running OBS 28.0.3 and the DSK plugin 0.2.5. As others have noted, the overlays show fine in the program window when the keyer is activated, but the overlays do not appear in the output from the virtual camera. As of now (October 10), what is the best fix or workaround to solve this problem?

Windows 10, Dell, i5

brucewilde51

I believe I have found my own solution. As others have noted, there is an alternative virtual camera plug-in for OBS called Droidcam.

I have just installed it, and it solves the problem with the downstream keyer.

You have to download and install both the Droidcam exe file and the drivers file separately to the OBS program files folder.

Once Droidcam is installed, you do not need to push the "virtual camera" button in OBS. You will find Droidcam appearing as an available device under the video settings menu in ZOOM. You select that instead of OBS virtual camera.

It appears that Droidcam also supplies a virtual audio cable output from OBS that can be selected in ZOOM the same way the virtual webcam can be selected.

Windows 10, Dell, i5

Gabiotex

Ejecutando OBS 28.0.3 y el complemento DSK 0.2.5. Como han señalado otros, las superposiciones se muestran bien en la ventana del programa cuando se activa el manipulador, pero las superposiciones no aparecen en la salida de la cámara virtual. A partir de ahora (10 de octubre), ¿cuál es la mejor solución para resolver este problema?

Windows 10, Dell, i5
I have the same problem with the version of obs 28.0.3 I'm going to try the droidcamara option but where do you get it?

invictor

Running OBS 28.0.3 and the DSK plugin 0.2.5. As others have noted, the overlays show fine in the program window when the keyer is activated, but the overlays do not appear in the output from the virtual camera. As of now (October 10), what is the best fix or workaround to solve this problem?

Windows 10, Dell, i5i
hi! sorry for my English. I've a portable 27.2.4 version installed -with all the plugins I need- for the situations I need to use virtual cam. I have always had an installed version (testing) and a portable version (production) Everything works fine in 27.2.4 for my needs.

invictor

hi! sorry for my English. I've a portable 27.2.4 version installed -with all the plugins I need- for the situations I need to use virtual cam. I have always had an installed version (testing) and a portable version (production) Everything works fine in 27.2.4 for my needs.
I've been testing alternatives, and maybe the problem IS NOT DSK, but the Virtual Cam module or subsystem in OBS version 28.
I've been working OK with OBS NDI plugin + NDI tools WebCam module (the NDI source, not the virtual cam -no need to enable it) so you can choose NDI webcam source in your Zoom or Meet or Skype or whatever your meeting program with OBS 28 and DSK; all work ok! Great great plugin for live meeting!!!

JGs99

This solution, posted earlier, is better imo (less resource usage)

invictor

This solution, posted earlier, is better imo (less resource usage)

Thank you! and far easier than NDI...

Raditude

@Exeldro, Do you have any suggestions or fixes to get this working on Mac with a users folder on an external drive?

My disk setup:

OBS is installed on my Internal SSD: /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Applications/OBS.app
My users folder is on my external hard drive: /Volumes/Mac 5TB/Users/raddykewl

gromlix

Windows 10, Dell, i5
FYI: Issue DSK not showing in Virtual Camera is still present in OBS Studio 28.1.1
Also there are already issues in the bugtracker on Github:
https://github.com/exeldro/obs-downstream-keyer/issues/20 (Windows)
https://github.com/exeldro/obs-downstream-keyer/issues/18 (Mac)

justuseapen

@Exeldro, Do you have any suggestions or fixes to get this working on Mac with a users folder on an external drive?

My disk setup:

OBS is installed on my Internal SSD: /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Applications/OBS.app
My users folder is on my external hard drive: /Volumes/Mac 5TB/Users/raddykewl

Did you have any luck getting this plugin installed and working on OSX?

I'm not even using a non default user folder and am having trouble finding the plugin post installation on M1.

Surprising how little info is out there re: plugin install on mac

Raditude

Did you have any luck getting this plugin installed and working on OSX?

I'm not even using a non default user folder and am having trouble finding the plugin post installation on M1.

Surprising how little info is out there re: plugin install on mac
I haven't really had time to mess with it. I'm hoping an OBS and/or a macOS update will fix the issue. Several of my plugins stopped working when switching from OBS Intel to OBS ARM. This plugin didn't work with either architecture on my setup.

makman111

Having some issues install on a MAC. The installer runs, but nothing seems to have been installer (there is nothing in the docks re: downstream-keyer). I have OBS 27.2.4 (64bit) on a MBP running Monterey 12.5.1

TheOrignl

Yet another plugin I found useful, and low and behold it carries the Exceldro moniker yet again! Excellent programming, use of resources and API use! @Exeldro Is there any way to have the DSK scene transition out before an excluded scene is transitioned in or is it possible to add the option as a checkbox, as well as prevent the DSK scene from activating in the excluded scene?

Last edited:

Smoo

Exeldro, this is a fantastic tool and I would like to know if you have any plans to have a Downstream Keyer version for Android?

Rick-FBMRR

SO i just upgraded to OBS v28. i use the virtual Camera. it looks like the downstream keyer is showing on the program window but not going to the live feed. any thoughts?