CamooZ - Save & restore camera settings

CamooZ - Save & restore camera settings 7.4.1 - Support for non-USB cams

falti

Excellent piece of software been using it for a couple years and recommend it time and time again! Now that i recently got a streamdeck actually bought it to be able to use that integration, sadly i came to realize you can't actually use CamooZ in multi actions which is where i think this would shine the most, hopefully it's something that could be worked on for a future iteration. Many thanks!
Thanks for the praise and for bringing up the multi action topic. I'll look into it.
Falti

JürgenL

Ichhabe ein Problem mit CamooZ. Ich habe es installiert und dann irgendwo ein Häckchen gesetzt. Jetzt startet das Programm, aber alle Fenster gehen sofort wieder zu. Dh ich kann darin aktuell nicht arbeiten .

Kann jemand helfen ! Eine Neuinstallation bringt leider nichts.

teeter02

@falti - I actually will be using CamooZ with the Insta360 Link to throw the camera up on an extendable pole and do youth football game recordings, overlays, streaming, etc. I have found that the ease & speed with which I can use the pan, tilt, and zoom sliders to move the camera around up in the air have been very useful, as this is the fastest and smoothest way to do direct, continuous PTZ control of this camera. It's far better - easier and especially faster (very important for fast sports) - than using Insta's own app to do direct control. I also noticed that in the app, you've mapped the left and right arrows on the keyboard to control pan, which, again, is very useful for my use case. However, I have a few requests, that I'm guessing would be easy to implement:

1. In addition to pan control via left and right arrow keys, can we get tilt control with the up and down arrow keys, and maybe zoom control via '+' and '-' keys? Especially if this can all be handled with a numpad setup, this would be a Godsend for some basic, easy direct PTZ control on Insta360 or any other camera with PTZ that uses the standard DirectX camera control interface.

2. Building on #1, implementing an interface for an Xbox remote with mappable settings to PTZ and maybe some other functions (focus, white balance, etc.) along with an adjustable, smooth (logarithmic) control ramp (for smooth starting and stopping of the PTZ movements) and min/max speed settings would be incredible. With CamooZ's already intuitive, standardized interface for most cameras, this would turn the app into a very capable USB PTZ control system - and could even work for multiple connected USB cameras.

In short, I know #1 is monumentally simpler than #2. Would be very happy just with this one in the near term. And, with the proper API to interface to CamooZ, I'd even be willing to write a companion app or plugin to achieve what I'm looking for in #2.

Anyway - thank you so much for all the work on this very useful usb camera app. It is really appreciated. Here's to even more improvements and growth in the future!

- Teeter

Xande

Hello together,

i bought the full version licence but have a problem: i have 3 logitech C920 webcams connected to my computer. but with comooz i only can adjust one of them. all 3 are appearing in the menu, but it doesnt matter which one i choose, it adjust always the same one C920 webcam. i am not able to adjust the ohter twos.
Thank you for your help <3
KR Xande

falti

@falti - I actually will be using CamooZ with the Insta360 Link to throw the camera up on an extendable pole and do youth football game recordings, overlays, streaming, etc. I have found that the ease & speed with which I can use the pan, tilt, and zoom sliders to move the camera around up in the air have been very useful, as this is the fastest and smoothest way to do direct, continuous PTZ control of this camera. It's far better - easier and especially faster (very important for fast sports) - than using Insta's own app to do direct control. I also noticed that in the app, you've mapped the left and right arrows on the keyboard to control pan, which, again, is very useful for my use case. However, I have a few requests, that I'm guessing would be easy to implement:

1. In addition to pan control via left and right arrow keys, can we get tilt control with the up and down arrow keys, and maybe zoom control via '+' and '-' keys? Especially if this can all be handled with a numpad setup, this would be a Godsend for some basic, easy direct PTZ control on Insta360 or any other camera with PTZ that uses the standard DirectX camera control interface.

2. Building on #1, implementing an interface for an Xbox remote with mappable settings to PTZ and maybe some other functions (focus, white balance, etc.) along with an adjustable, smooth (logarithmic) control ramp (for smooth starting and stopping of the PTZ movements) and min/max speed settings would be incredible. With CamooZ's already intuitive, standardized interface for most cameras, this would turn the app into a very capable USB PTZ control system - and could even work for multiple connected USB cameras.

In short, I know #1 is monumentally simpler than #2. Would be very happy just with this one in the near term. And, with the proper API to interface to CamooZ, I'd even be willing to write a companion app or plugin to achieve what I'm looking for in #2.

Anyway - thank you so much for all the work on this very useful usb camera app. It is really appreciated. Here's to even more improvements and growth in the future!

- Teeter
I'll look into it. Thanks for the praise and your ideas

Falti

falti

Hello together,

i bought the full version licence but have a problem: i have 3 logitech C920 webcams connected to my computer. but with comooz i only can adjust one of them. all 3 are appearing in the menu, but it doesnt matter which one i choose, it adjust always the same one C920 webcam. i am not able to adjust the ohter twos.
Thank you for your help <3
KR Xande
You may want try CamRename to give them unique names:
https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/camrename.1408/

falti

They will be handled by CamooZ as three different cameras. Try it, if you have any issue, send me a PM ;-)

Jax651651

Hello,
I have downloaded CamooZ to fix a red hue on a built in webcam on a laptop. I have purchased the full version and have tried to set up Camooz to start with windows and apply the camera profile but whenever the laptop turns on Camooz won't start. I have to manually start the app, and once it starts it applies the profile.

I tick the "start with windows" option on the app when it is open, but whenever I restart the laptop this option is unticked again. I have allowed the option to autoload the profile on start up and I have selected the profile to autoload (tick showing next to the correct profile). Please can you advise on what/if I'm doing something wrong.

Running Windows 11 Pro.

falti

Hi Jax,

not easy to diagnose from a distance...

Two things you could try:

1) Start CamooZ with Admin privileges ("run as administrator") and see if the setting now is saved

2) Create an autostart setting in the registry with regedit, as follows:

Hope this helps.

Falti

Jax651651

Hi Jax,

not easy to diagnose from a distance...

Two things you could try:

1) Start CamooZ with Admin privileges ("run as administrator") and see if the setting now is saved

2) Create an autostart setting in the registry with regedit, as follows:

Hope this helps.

Falti
Hi Falti,

That worked! I deleted the existing entry in the registry and created my own and it now starts on start-up and applies the profile.

Many thanks.

teeter02

I'll look into it. Thanks for the praise and your ideas

Falti
Falti,

Awesome. Please let me know if you need any help testing any development versions to wring out the software and/or provide feedback. Would be glad to assist in any way I can if it'll help get this implemented soon.

Thanks,

Teeter

NTBYK

Hey does anybody have expieriecen with this tool .... I tried to save diffrent settings for 2 cams but it changes the settings on both..... i got 2 Brio 4K Stream and i change settings of the first but they are applied to both cams......

rdhoore108

I started using Camooz today, and got some questions:
(1) I can change the order of sliders, and lock slider values, but only for the currently selected webcam. Any way to copy that to the other cams (I have 7 of them)? Maybe a toggle button "apply to all cams" where every action I do is applied to all cameras at once (locking sliders, moving them around...) for as long as that button is down?
(2) It takes many seconds when I change a slider, or load a profile, or change a camera, before the app responds again. It is frozen all that time. Is that normal, or is it my particular webcam (Anker C200)? For example, loading an existing profile takes 9 seconds. Using the DirectShow system dialog on the other hand works very smoothly.
(3) Is there a way to hide sliders that I don't want to see?
(4) A "stay on top" for the GUI window would be extremely useful, so that it can be above OBS at all times
(5) most of the time, the save button is disabled, even when I lock sliders or do other things that I was hoping to save in the profile. Somehow they are saved separately somewhere (this is an extension of my first question, I guess)?
(6) a "reset" action for each slider would be useful, where for example double clicking a slider would reload its value from the current profile.
(7) right-clicking the system tray icon pops up the menu, but it's behind Windows 11's extended system tray list window. One first needs to fold down the system tray list before one sees Camooz' full popup menu. The popup menu of OBS for example shows on top of the system tray list, not behind it.

I could go on, but the fact that every little thing I do takes so very long to take effect, definitely takes its toll on my enthusiasm... Even just starting the program takes around 30 seconds before the window finally has contents. Choosing a different camera takes 9 seconds. Etc.

Anyhow, thank you for the program, I'm sure everyone is very happy with it, but unfortunately at this point I'm not one of them :( I really hope so much that this speed problem can be fixed.

Last edited:

rdhoore108

Replying to questions (1) and (5), I discovered camooz.ini where I can copy the settings of one camera to others manually. It involves some work, but it does the job. It's a pity that setting xyzSortOrder to zero doesn't hide the slider (and decreases the size of the window).

Still I think it would be better to allow either general lock and sort order settings (one section for all webcams), or allow for individual settings per webcam (the current situation), if my suggestion of an "apply to all cams" mode button from my above post seems to hard to implement.

Ah, and I just figured out that the slowness in responding happens only while OBS Studio is open. When it is closed, Camooz responds instantly. Needless to say, I do need Camooz while OBS is open and streaming :/

Last edited:

falti

I started using Camooz today, and got some questions:
(1) I can change the order of sliders, and lock slider values, but only for the currently selected webcam. Any way to copy that to the other cams (I have 7 of them)? Maybe a toggle button "apply to all cams" where every action I do is applied to all cameras at once (locking sliders, moving them around...) for as long as that button is down?
(2) It takes many seconds when I change a slider, or load a profile, or change a camera, before the app responds again. It is frozen all that time. Is that normal, or is it my particular webcam (Anker C200)? For example, loading an existing profile takes 9 seconds. Using the DirectShow system dialog on the other hand works very smoothly.
(3) Is there a way to hide sliders that I don't want to see?
(4) A "stay on top" for the GUI window would be extremely useful, so that it can be above OBS at all times
(5) most of the time, the save button is disabled, even when I lock sliders or do other things that I was hoping to save in the profile. Somehow they are saved separately somewhere (this is an extension of my first question, I guess)?
(6) a "reset" action for each slider would be useful, where for example double clicking a slider would reload its value from the current profile.
(7) right-clicking the system tray icon pops up the menu, but it's behind Windows 11's extended system tray list window. One first needs to fold down the system tray list before one sees Camooz' full popup menu. The popup menu of OBS for example shows on top of the system tray list, not behind it.

I could go on, but the fact that every little thing I do takes so very long to take effect, definitely takes its toll on my enthusiasm... Even just starting the program takes around 30 seconds before the window finally has contents. Choosing a different camera takes 9 seconds. Etc.

Anyhow, thank you for the program, I'm sure everyone is very happy with it, but unfortunately at this point I'm not one of them :( I really hope so much that this speed problem can be fixed.
Hi @rdhoore108 ,

all great and valid points. I have noticed some slow response with one of my cams too. My Logitech C920 is super fast, whereas my Elgato Facecam responds slow. And yes: only in CamooZ, not in the DirectShow dialogs. For the rest: great ideas, I will look into them all. Cannot commit to a roadmap or timeline though, as this I don't do CamooZ for a living. (Believe me, that is good news for the both of us :-)

Cheers

Falti

rdhoore108

as I don't do CamooZ for a living
Yes, I was amused when I read that review where someone really got on your case for having the audacity to charge 5€ for this software, I wondered about his or her age... Anyhow, I won't be needing this software often, only a few times a year, when I serve as a volunteer audio amplification / mixing and video streaming person for classical kirtan festivals (Hare Krishna). I'm not asking any money, not even for my fuel for driving there and back home. But yes, I do have a full time paid job for the rest of the time.

About (4) stay on top, I found it can be done in Windows 10 and 11 by installing PowerToys from the app store. Then simply press Win + Ctrl + T on Camooz, and it stays floating on top of OBS Studio.

Now if I could figure out what causes the incredible slow down, I would be a happy man. Increasing the process priority is not helping.

rdhoore108

One more thing I noticed that might be of interest, is that Camooz is using 234 MB of memory on my pc, which is an awful lot, giving the little task it's doing... OBS Studio is only using 167 MB.