CamooZ - Save & restore camera settings

CamooZ - Save & restore camera settings 7.4.1 - Support for non-USB cams

pamichel

Hi,

Thank-you for this great tool and esp. the ability to save profiles and to select a profile using a command line.

One question concerning "Beginning today with version 7.2.3 CamooZ will ignore anything that is not a real physical USB webcam."

I understand that in the OBS context this is not an issue (as external webcams are used) but the possibility to use a laptop’s internal camera (non-USB) would be nice when used just for videoconferencing.

Is this something you could add as an option, e.g. as an additional check vs. items in a configuration file?

Info from Device Manager
Device description: Intel® ADL AVStream Camera
Device instance path: DISPLAY\INT3480\4&89FBD7F&0&UID144512

Info from the debug log
TFaltiCamera Loop....., ItemIndex is 0
TFaltiCamera We have a valid device path, now seeking for "usb" in DevicePath :\\?\display#int3480#4&89fbd7f&0&uid144512#{65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}\{bd89b7f2-631c-44fb-a505-17ef8b0e2c53}
TFaltiCamera Has device path but no USB, ignoring...

falti

@pamichel

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I was not aware, just assumed that all real cams are USB.

Reason for this was to ignore those virtual cam drivers like snapcam or OBS Virtual Camera that have no settings anyway.

I will look into this...

Exi1e

Hello, mr. Falti.
Thanks for your work. The program is really great.
But there is one problem for me and maybe for someone else.
It is not a problem for me in general to pay for your work, but in my country PayPal is blocked.
So the most important function of the program, save webcam settings, is not available for me.
Is it possible to make 1 profile to save for free version? Or at least, you can add more payment methods.
Thanks.

falti

falti updated CamooZ - Save & restore camera settings with a new update entry:

Support for non-USB cams

Since 7.2.3 CamooZ will not list any virtual cameras, as they don't have settings to be modified anyway.

What CamooZ did, was to check if the device path contains the string "usb" as in e.g.
\\?\usb#vid_30c9&pid_0030&mi_00#6&352ecc9&1&0000#{65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196} ...

Turns out some internal laptop webcams are no USB devices, so now we shall also check for "display#int" as in
\\?\display#int3480#4&89fbd7f&0&uid144512#{65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}......

Read the rest of this update entry...

falti

Fixed with 7.4.1, thanks @pamichel !

By the way: smart to use the -trace parameter and save the debug output

Hi,

Thank-you for this great tool and esp. the ability to save profiles and to select a profile using a command line.

One question concerning "Beginning today with version 7.2.3 CamooZ will ignore anything that is not a real physical USB webcam."

I understand that in the OBS context this is not an issue (as external webcams are used) but the possibility to use a laptop’s internal camera (non-USB) would be nice when used just for videoconferencing.

Is this something you could add as an option, e.g. as an additional check vs. items in a configuration file?

Info from Device Manager
Device description: Intel® ADL AVStream Camera
Device instance path: DISPLAY\INT3480\4&89FBD7F&0&UID144512

Info from the debug log
TFaltiCamera Loop....., ItemIndex is 0
TFaltiCamera We have a valid device path, now seeking for "usb" in DevicePath :\\?\display#int3480#4&89fbd7f&0&uid144512#{65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}\{bd89b7f2-631c-44fb-a505-17ef8b0e2c53}
TFaltiCamera Has device path but no USB, ignoring...

Last edited:

pamichel

@falti

Thank-you for the quick fix. I have installed and tested the new version and it works fine. I have Windows 11 on this laptop and only the basic settings of the internal camera (contrast, brightness, sharpness, and saturation) can be changed using Windows. CamooZ now provides access to all settings.

Some additional info that could be of use for additional identification checks:
I looked at 4 other laptops and the internal camera is “USB”. They all have Microsoft drivers. In my case the driver is from Intel. I checked on sites that provide Intel® ADL AVStream Camera drivers and it looks like they sometimes use VIDEO and sometimes DISPLAY (which I find ok for monitors but strange for a camera). My virtual cams (for Casablanca and XSplit) both use ROOT. I could not find any device for the OBS virtual camera.

“By the way: smart to use the -trace parameter and save the debug output”
I try to avoid the “it does not work” type of request. I saw in previous replies that you had that debug possibility, so I used it to better understand the issue and provide info that you would need.

Gotham Sound

Hi!

I just installed 7.4.1 / 7.28 webserver and I can't get Camooz to switch profiles via url. Here's an example to get Camera 1 (Link360) to switch to a profile called Factory http://localhost:8080/set?camera=1,preset=factory

I can change other parameters just fine, for example this works great: http://localhost:8080/set?camera=1,pan=0,tilt=34
Any help appreciated as to what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,
Peter

Sarhan14

Hey, @falti, first of all CamooZ is such an amazing product no doubt about it, such a time-saver. Secondly I wanted to know if there are any other method apart from PayPal. Actually, there is no support for PayPal in my country I can buy the product using my debit/credit card. So I was wondring if there will be anyother method going to be introduce?

Thanks.

wiNar233

Greetings, recently I bought this software for it's premium features. Tho I have a minor problem. I can't reuse my lisence on my formated computer. Any ideas?

Unmemorable Ham

As of a couple days ago, I can no longer get Camooz to show up. I can launch it, it shows up on the task bar, I can see a process for it in Task Manager. But all that happens is a white window quickly flashes on my screen and disappears. Then I can't interact with Camooz. If I mouse over it on the taskbar, it just shows a white rectangle and I can't go to it. It's just literally unusable. I've tried removing all traces of it from my PC and downloading a new instance and launching it. Same thing happens. It's just absolutely fucked and will not work on my PC anymore. Pretty fucking angry about this because I paid for the full version and now this software won't work anymore.

falti

Looks like CamooZ has previously saved screen position in a multi-monitor setup that has changed now so the coordinates are outside the visible area.

Herr is how to fix it: delete the ini file

c:\users\YOURUSERNAME\documents\camooz6\camooz.ini

neilis

Nice app! But everytime I close it and reopen, the "load an existing profile" box is stuck, no way to select a profile.

forwarduk

I have been using this little utility for quite a while, and it is a gem! I keep it in my taskbar, and it provides access to every possible adjustment for any given webcam (adjustments will vary according to the webcam driver), including cheap webcams that have no dedicated adjustment software at all. Much lighter and simpler than using OBS just to adjust your webcam for, say, a Zoom call, or Discord, or a Teams or WebEx conference. And I love that you can save then load custom settings, for different cams, programs and lighting conditions. I even like that it doesn't have its own preview window, to conflict with other programs - instead, while tweaking the Camooz settings, you can see your adjustments "live" in Zoom, Teams, OBS, etc. Great job! Deserves much more attention and praise.
Did you get a resolution for this, as a friend of mine is getting the same error message. it was running absolutely fine from when he installed it last November 2022, but a few weeks ago he turned the PC on, and it started doing this. How did you resolve this? Thanks!

neilis

Did you get a resolution for this, as a friend of mine is getting the same error message. it was running absolutely fine from when he installed it last November 2022, but a few weeks ago he turned the PC on, and it started doing this. How did you resolve this? Thanks!
Hi, yes. Go to configuration and tick the box "Autoload profiles at startup and refresh". That is what worked for me, at least.

Gotham Sound

Anyone else having an issue with Camooz Web server? Camooz works great, but the web server only serves a blank page - no camera info settings. The last time I used this was a few months ago and it worked fine. Deleting the .ini settings folder and re-install has no effect.

Gotham Sound

Anyone else having an issue with Camooz Web server? Camooz works great, but the web server only serves a blank page - no camera info settings. The last time I used this was a few months ago and it worked fine. Deleting the .ini settings folder and re-install has no effect.
FWIW I think I fixed this by entering http://192.168.43.60:8081/set?profile=factory into a browser (adjust for your IP and port).

jhnndoe

Excellent piece of software been using it for a couple years and recommend it time and time again! Now that i recently got a streamdeck actually bought it to be able to use that integration, sadly i came to realize you can't actually use CamooZ in multi actions which is where i think this would shine the most, hopefully it's something that could be worked on for a future iteration. Many thanks!