Elfnp2

Got a quick question, I got a i5 7500 with an RX 580 with sufficient ram and such but my recordings and streams are either terrible quality or dropping frames for a whole second at times, what’s the bottleneck here? Before you immediately claim “i5 bad” it was a pretty decent quad core i5 when purchased

I try to record with the minor settings with less pressure on the cpu but I do try to record 1080 60fps with attempts between 8000-16000 bitrate

Lawrence_SoCal

There is a whole guide in the resources section on troubleshooting this type of problem
Have the done the basics of monitoring your CPU and GPU usage? are you on a fast SSD?
And what are you doing?

Look up how to collect and submit OBS logs so that more advances members can help you. Realize that video encoding is not a smal task. SO it you 3 generation old, non hyper-threaded CPU was and is fine for what you are doing, recognize that asking OBS to encode, and record/stream video adds a significant workload. So that you can game or whatever fine with the CPU doesn't mean at really high settings like 1080 60fps and high bitrate in OBS on top of whatever you are doing is a reasonable workload for your system

Have you tried backing that down to 1080 30 fps an 3000kbps and seen what happens.
All of this is basic troubleshooting....

Elfnp2

First of all, don’t be condescending, maybe I don’t know what the problem is so I’m asking someone who does instead of searching randomly for hours on here.

I have been monitoring cpu usage as it is high but I didn’t know if my settings were off or not. I’ve tried 30fps but I would like 60 so I didn’t know what component(s) I should upgrade to where I could do this.

I’m trying to record Csgo which isn’t demanding and it feels like I shouldn’t have this problem even at 30fps

takapoipoi

Got a quick question, I got a i5 7500 with an RX 580 with sufficient ram and such but my recordings and streams are either terrible quality or dropping frames for a whole second at times, what’s the bottleneck here? Before you immediately claim “i5 bad” it was a pretty decent quad core i5 when purchased

I try to record with the minor settings with less pressure on the cpu but I do try to record 1080 60fps with attempts between 8000-16000 bitrate
try this takapoipoi AMD OBS fix reply for streaming setting.

for recording gameplay, just use AMD Software. i've been using the software since i bought the GPU. very solid recording software, far more better than Nvidia Shadowplay, ngl.

here is my AMD Software setting. make sure you update your AMD Driver to the latest version. mine is 20.9.2.
1602198263149.png

1602198309587.png

1602198351715.png

i've enable Instant Replay to clip best gaming moment. so here's my Hotkey settings.
1602198481751.png