Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance

Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance v1.1.13

royshilkrot

I have an older IMac 2008 with osx El Capitan and was told that was the version I should use is 23.2.1. Can I upgrade to v28?
@pilot51 I'm actually not sure if you can upgrade. But it doesn't hurt to try
If it doesn't work just go back to the old version that does work.
The background removal plugin tough will b not work on older versions of OBS.

Sorry Roy, I am finding it is most likely all on my end. I am seeing the spinning mac ball too many times to think it is your plugin. I'll keep you posted. Thanks.
I ran etre check and it had a lot to say about orphaned files and stuff. I have been doing everything on an external so this is good. I got into a bad of not deleting things when needed. it seems that I will uninstall an older version of OBS and then the next time i boot up I have major problems. I fix them and then when I uninstall OBS I run into problems. Thanks for continuing to support BR I'll keep you posted.

I'm super interested in this; I'm currently working with this as a "green" screen; I can alpha out the green and my wooden floor fine separately, but my floor is too close to skin tone. If I could 'green' screen out the green parts and 'yellow screen' out the bottom (and wear pants), it'd be fine.

Any suggestions?

Also I hope to be doing this at venues & parties post-quarantine, so a more intelligent or nuanced 'background removal' process would help when space/lighting isn't ideal.
Um....not an expert and I hope I uNderstand your question properly, but maybe I would buy just another green screen cloth so that everything is uniform green. I would caution you to use the same material though. From my personal experiences with OBS you can't key out separate colors in one source with accuracy. When I try it too much spills into the next color. Unless you use an additional source and camera for different parts of your model.......also, their are plugins and scripts you could try, but not sure what is best for your situation. Look up khavers polymask script in this forum to start off with. It may help. Good luck! Edit: Despill, Deblemish to name a few more.

Last edited:

royshilkrot

royshilkrot updated Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance with a new update entry:

v1.0.0 - Production! Adding translations

Out of beta and into production! Adding translations, and fixing documentation.

After giving it some thought and seeing a long period of productive success without major setbacks or crashes, we decided to go ahead and release the plugin for version 1.0.0, namely, a production release.

We invite the community to test and give feedback.
We will still look out to make more improvements and fix any bugs as they come.

What's Changed​

• translations! by...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ivn

Code:
.github/scripts/build-linux.sh
   =>   Installing obs build dependencies...
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
build-essential is already the newest version (12.9ubuntu3).
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libpcre2-dev : Depends: libpcre2-8-0 (= 10.39-3ubuntu0.1) but 10.40-1+ubuntu20.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 is to be installed
                Depends: libpcre2-16-0 (= 10.39-3ubuntu0.1) but 10.40-1+ubuntu20.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 is to be installed
                Depends: libpcre2-32-0 (= 10.39-3ubuntu0.1) but 10.40-1+ubuntu20.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 is to be installed
 libpcre3-dev : Depends: libpcre3 (= 2:8.39-13ubuntu0.22.04.1) but 2:8.44-2+ubuntu20.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
    ✖︎ script execution error

Callstack:
    /home/ivan/stuff/obs-backgroundremoval/.github/scripts/utils.zsh/setup_linux:24
     /home/ivan/stuff/obs-backgroundremoval/.github/scripts/build-linux.zsh:168
     /home/ivan/stuff/obs-backgroundremoval/.github/scripts/build-linux.zsh:247

Linux JPC 5.15.0-71-generic #78-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 18 09:00:29 UTC 2023 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
DISTRIB_CODENAME=jammy
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS"

Cannot install on Ubuntu, what can I do?

royshilkrot

Code:
.github/scripts/build-linux.sh
   =>   Installing obs build dependencies...
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
build-essential is already the newest version (12.9ubuntu3).
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libpcre2-dev : Depends: libpcre2-8-0 (= 10.39-3ubuntu0.1) but 10.40-1+ubuntu20.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 is to be installed
                Depends: libpcre2-16-0 (= 10.39-3ubuntu0.1) but 10.40-1+ubuntu20.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 is to be installed
                Depends: libpcre2-32-0 (= 10.39-3ubuntu0.1) but 10.40-1+ubuntu20.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 is to be installed
 libpcre3-dev : Depends: libpcre3 (= 2:8.39-13ubuntu0.22.04.1) but 2:8.44-2+ubuntu20.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
    ✖︎ script execution error

Callstack:
    /home/ivan/stuff/obs-backgroundremoval/.github/scripts/utils.zsh/setup_linux:24
     /home/ivan/stuff/obs-backgroundremoval/.github/scripts/build-linux.zsh:168
     /home/ivan/stuff/obs-backgroundremoval/.github/scripts/build-linux.zsh:247

Linux JPC 5.15.0-71-generic #78-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 18 09:00:29 UTC 2023 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
DISTRIB_CODENAME=jammy
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS"

Cannot install on Ubuntu, what can I do?
@ivn i'm sorry you're unable to build the plugin. let's take this discussion over to our Issues on github: https://github.com/royshil/obs-backgroundremoval/issues, it's a better place to discuss. please create a bug ticket there and we'll do our best to help you

royshilkrot

royshilkrot updated Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance with a new update entry:

v1.0.1 - No Threshold mode, Bug fixes

In this release:

• Adding the "No Threshold" option that reduces CPU usage and allows for soft segmentation.
  • Fixing SINet model bug and threshold bug.
If this free plugin has provided value to you consider supporting our work:

What's Changed​

• Fix threshold range bug by @royshil in...

royshilkrot

v1.0.2 - More OS support, new ONNX RT

New release! Plenty of good stuff in here.
  • Upgraded to ONNX RT v1.15
  • Added ARM64 support on Linux
  • Using more robust C++11 and C99 to support older OSs
Overall getting wider OS support (like OpenSUSE, Fedora) and making the plugin more robust and efficient.
Enjoy!

If this plugin has provided value to you consider supporting our work so we can bring you better OS support and improvements:

royshilkrot

Point release to fix Fedora install

This is a point release to fix a problem with v1.0.2 in Fedora.

If this plugin has provided value to you consider supporting our work so we can bring you better OS support and improvements:

What's Changed​

• Fix to include libonnxruntime.1.15.1 by @umireon in...

royshilkrot

v1.1.0 - Depth model! New infra, and automatic

Big release! We've made a lot of improvements and additions to the plugin. Here are some of the highlights:

• Added depth estimation model that creates a cool "depth of field" focus blur effect https://youtu.be/jC3EKSpNjQk
  • Moved to the new plugin architecture from OBS, this means faster and more robust release builds
  • Updated to OBS v29+ to align with the new plugin arch
  • Added an automatic update checker, which will alert you when a new release is out

BoostOrDie

Could you please make availabvle last version for v27 OBS. I can upgrade toi 29 as i have some plugins that are not supported in v29. But now i need a virtual green screen

royshilkrot

Could you please make availabvle last version for v27 OBS. I can upgrade toi 29 as i have some plugins that are not supported in v29. But now i need a virtual green screen
@BoostOrDie unfortunately the OBS folks have dropped support for earlier OBS versions for plugin builders... and we must use their plugin framework. You can still use older versions of our plugin https://github.com/royshil/obs-backgroundremoval/releases/tag/v0.4.0 but those will be more buggy, less performant, have less features... I strongly suggest making the move to v29. Gotta keep up with the times!

royshilkrot

v1.1.1 - Fixing Debian-based OSs installers

This release majorly fixes Debian-based OSs installation problems, and makes a slight improvement in build time on Linux.

If this plugin has provided value for you, please consider supporting us so we can keep bringing you updates:

What's Changed​

• Fix CMake options on linux-aarch64 by @umireon in...

A1eksX

I tried to install this plugin, but on download site there is only .exe file... Not ZIP one, and when i install that .exe file in directory of OBS, it just don't show up, i can't activate it and there is no plugin in the list.
Thanks in advance..