Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance

Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance v1.1.13

royshilkrot

I tried to install this plugin, but on download site there is only .exe file... Not ZIP one, and when i install that .exe file in directory of OBS, it just don't show up, i can't activate it and there is no plugin in the list.
Thanks in advance..
Thanks for trying the plugin. I'm sorry it didn't work on the first go. We will however be providing the .zip packages moving forward due to popular demand, so look out for that. In the meantime you can find the latest zip here https://github.com/royshil/obs-backgroundremoval/suites/14472790817/artifacts/817652758

Oldirtytank

I got it installed and working but ended up uninstalling it. The silhouette was continually chopped in and out. Even after messing with the inputs and settings, I could not get an accurate edge on the silhouette. I watched a few YT videos, and everyone seemed to have a much cleaner image than what I was getting. Am I missing something?

royshilkrot

I got it installed and working but ended up uninstalling it. The silhouette was continually chopped in and out. Even after messing with the inputs and settings, I could not get an accurate edge on the silhouette. I watched a few YT videos, and everyone seemed to have a much cleaner image than what I was getting. Am I missing something?
@Oldirtytank i'm sorry you weren't able to make it work properly. The filter will work best with a decent camera and lighting conditions, it doesn't have to be perfect but it has to be decent. If you can try a different camera or adding some lighting - that would be a good test to see if the problem is in the input image or with the filter. Feel free to submit a support ticket with additional information if you want us to take a deeper look.

LostKayaker

When I execute obs-backgroundremoval-1.1.2-windows-x64-Installer.exe, Windows x64 throws the following error. Suggestions? Thanks.

1690319723655.png

royshilkrot

When I execute obs-backgroundremoval-1.1.2-windows-x64-Installer.exe, Windows x64 throws the following error. Suggestions? Thanks.

View attachment 96160
I'm sorry you're getting this error. Can you please try an older version release of the plugin and see if it's the same?
Are you running Windows 10/11 x64 or an older version of windows?
What version/ release of OBS did you install and is it working properly for you?
Thanks

LostKayaker

I'm running OBS v29.1.3 and plugin v1.1.1 installs and run fine. My laptop is running Windows 10 Pro, 21H2 / Build 19044.3086. I can't do a build of the plugin source on my laptop, unfortunately, so can't check to see if it was a build issue.

royshilkrot

royshilkrot updated Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance with a new update entry:

v1.1.3 - Focal blur options and better builds

A lot going on in this busy release:
  • Reinstated the .zip packaging for Windows - for all of the portable OBS users and non-standard locations.
  • Add focal blur enable/disable option - for those who don't want the effect always on
  • Add focal blur "depth"/"width" to make it adjustable
  • Several improvements to our build system and Fedora support.
If this plugin has provided value for you, consider supporting our work so we can bring you more updates and improvements...

Read the rest of this update entry...

royshilkrot

royshilkrot updated Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance with a new update entry:

v1.1.4 - Fix "Halo effect" blur, better build all around!

In this release we fix the "halo effect" using blur background as well as remove dependency on libcurl which improves build on Linux, Mac and Windows, we also use statically built OpenCV making the build time significantly shorter (faster turnaround on PRs).

If this free plugin has provided value to you, consider sponsoring our work:

Send any feedback you have and we will...

royshilkrot

I'm having trouble creating a Green Color Element for use with the Background Removal Plug-in.
I need more information. What are you trying to do?
Are you looking to have the background behind the portrait be green? If so just add a new Color source, set to green and order it so it's behind the transparent camera portrait where you have the BG remove filter

Does anyone have any guide on how to get the best settings for this plugin?

I just started using OBS with this plugin a few days ago.....always used twitch studio before...

my physical green screen decided to destroy itself the other day, so I was looking for other options.....started using xsplit vcam, which worked really well....except as soon as I launch a game, the camera becomes really choppy, like updating the camera ever 10 seconds or so.....this is even without twitch studio or obs running....as soon as I tab out of the game it's back to working fine....tab in, it freezes and stutters.....

anyways, because of this, I switched to obs and using this plugin.....which doesn't stutter or freeze....but the actual quality of the background removal is not as good as the xsplit vcam. There are so many settings to play with, I'm finding it difficult to get decent results.....I mean, I'm not trying to complain.....this is a FREE plugin, and I'm very grateful for it's existence...but just wondering how I can improve the results.....

what I'm getting at the moment is:-

-a lot of wavey/shimmering edges
-parts of my head/hair/headphones missing
-lack of detail around edges/contours of my body, especially if I turn to one side, my rather large nose gets cut off, or when I raise my hands, my fingers all look "alien"...
-parts of my room are still shown in an outline around me, especially when I move around or wave my arms.

I'd really like to try and get the quality of the xsplit with the performance of this plugin....maybe I'm expecting too much?

My specs aren't that low:-

CPU - 12700k
GPU - 3080ti
RAM - 2x16GB 6400CL32 DDR5 (running at 5600CL28, as my pc lost the silicone lottery).

But my cameras aren't that great either:-

Webcam - Logitech C920 (I also have a C922 and a C615).
Lighting - cheap ring lights, and normal full room lighting.

So any tips on how to improve the setup would be great :)

royshilkrot

Does anyone have any guide on how to get the best settings for this plugin?

I just started using OBS with this plugin a few days ago.....always used twitch studio before...

my physical green screen decided to destroy itself the other day, so I was looking for other options.....started using xsplit vcam, which worked really well....except as soon as I launch a game, the camera becomes really choppy, like updating the camera ever 10 seconds or so.....this is even without twitch studio or obs running....as soon as I tab out of the game it's back to working fine....tab in, it freezes and stutters.....

anyways, because of this, I switched to obs and using this plugin.....which doesn't stutter or freeze....but the actual quality of the background removal is not as good as the xsplit vcam. There are so many settings to play with, I'm finding it difficult to get decent results.....I mean, I'm not trying to complain.....this is a FREE plugin, and I'm very grateful for it's existence...but just wondering how I can improve the results.....

what I'm getting at the moment is:-

-a lot of wavey/shimmering edges
-parts of my head/hair/headphones missing
-lack of detail around edges/contours of my body, especially if I turn to one side, my rather large nose gets cut off, or when I raise my hands, my fingers all look "alien"...
-parts of my room are still shown in an outline around me, especially when I move around or wave my arms.

I'd really like to try and get the quality of the xsplit with the performance of this plugin....maybe I'm expecting too much?

My specs aren't that low:-

CPU - 12700k
GPU - 3080ti
RAM - 2x16GB 6400CL32 DDR5 (running at 5600CL28, as my pc lost the silicone lottery).

But my cameras aren't that great either:-

Webcam - Logitech C920 (I also have a C922 and a C615).
Lighting - cheap ring lights, and normal full room lighting.

So any tips on how to improve the setup would be great :)
thanks for trying our plugin!
to perhaps get better results you can change the detection model - try "PPHumanSeg" or "Robust Video Matting", they are higher resolution.
the key to crisp segmentation results to get good lighting and high quality image.
if you want further assistance please submit a support request https://github.com/royshil/obs-backgroundremoval/issues you can add screenshots and more information and we can assist

thanks for trying our plugin!
to perhaps get better results you can change the detection model - try "PPHumanSeg" or "Robust Video Matting", they are higher resolution.
the key to crisp segmentation results to get good lighting and high quality image.
if you want further assistance please submit a support request https://github.com/royshil/obs-backgroundremoval/issues you can add screenshots and more information and we can assist
Thank you.

I've just had another play around with the settings and think I've got better results now.....partly because I've realised that having a slight edge around me with the tiniest pixels of my room being displayed...is not the end of the world, and doesn't give anyone any real view of my room, especially when there's already a game going on "behind" me.

Anyway, what I've landed on is:-

Enable Threshold = ticked
Threshold = 0.30
Contour Filter = 1.00 (although having this at 0 and at 1.00 seem the same....anywhere in between I get randomly large portions of my room being displayed, or sometimes the entire room)
Smooth Silhouette = 1.00
Feather Blend = 0.10
Inference Device = GPU - DirectML
Calculate every = 1
CPU threads = 1
Segmentation model = Robust Video Matting
Blur background = 0
Enable focal blur = ticked
Blur Focus point = 0.10
Blur Focus depth = 0

Seems to give me the best compromise between having decent background removal and still keeping a solid/high quality image of myself. Results are maybe not quite as good as xsplit still, but pretty close I'd say.....and FREE.....and actually usable while gaming and streaming...unlike xsplit which just can't handle ANY other process being run at the same time (e.g. playing a game).

So, thanks again, this plugin has potentially saved my channel and given me a reason not to tally quit the idea of streaming, even though I do it just for fun right now.....THANKS A MILLION!

royshilkrot

v1.1.7 - new ONNX version, bug fixes and a website!

We have a very busy release! It's been a while and we have been working to improve the plugin on all fronts.
In this release you can expect:
  • Upgrade to ONNXRuntime 1.16 which improves speed and robustness.
  • Repackaging of Mac OS release to a more consistent with Apple dev tools.
  • Fix crashes and bugs on Linux
  • We added a new "website" for the plugin, which will eventually have more installation info
  • Adding a detailed log message with plugin info which helps us debug...