Out of beta and into production! Adding translations, and fixing documentation.
After giving it some thought and seeing a long period of productive success without major setbacks or crashes, we decided to go ahead and release the plugin for version 1.0.0, namely, a production release.
We invite the community to test and give feedback.
We will still look out to make more improvements and fix any bugs as they come.
- translations! by @royshil in #302
- Add OBS requirements to README.md by @umireon in #304
- Add detailed installation instructions for Linux by @umireon in #308
- Small fixups by @royshil in #310
- docs: fix some typos in README.md by @graves501 in #311
- Make it easier to spot the openSUSE installation instructions by @aspiers in #309
- Bump version to 1.0.0 by @royshil in #314
Full Changelog: v0.5.19...v1.0.0
- @graves501 made their first contribution in #311
- @aspiers made their first contribution in #309
Adding a low-light enhancement filter using neural networks, with GPU support.
We're also officially on Flathub: https://github.com/flathub/com.obsproject.Studio.Plugin.BackgroundRemoval (might take a bit for the public listings to update and include our plugin)
As always, if this plugin has provided real value to you - consider sponsoring our work:
In this release we focus on OS robustness and packaging, and minor runtime improvements. We fixed the DirectML acceleration on Windows and added GPU support in Ubuntu. We fixed the PKGBUILD. We added a fast Kawase background blur in GPU.
As usual - if you find value in our work and it helps you achieve your goals, consider supporting us on GitHub:
Full Changelog: v0.5.17...v0.5.18
- Fix symbol not found Providers_GetHost by @umireon in #257
- Fix PKGBUILD by @umireon in #266
- Update DireclML to 1.10.1 by @umireon in #274
- Avoid using DML deprecated API by @umireon in #277
- Add Default settings to ORT sess by @royshil in #275
- Arch CI by @umireon in #278
- Use Kawase Blur by @umireon in #276
- Upload build artifacts by default by @umireon in #282
- Add the link to AUR by @umireon in #284
- Bump 0.5.18 by @umireon in #288
- Fix ccache by @umireon in #287
- Prebuild onnxruntime windows by @umireon in #286
So many new things in this release! that make it overall a more robust and faster plugin.
As always if you like and find value in our work, consider supporting us:
- Revamped rendering pipeline that is leaner and faster and relies on the GPU.
- Won't hog the CPU if the video/filter is hidden or disabled.
- Using pre-built ONNX runtime packaged
- Fixing linux builds all around for Fedora, Arch, openSUSE etc.
- Execute obs_source_skip_video_filter when vider_render has no output by @umireon in #233
- Do not execute video_tick when disabled to reduce CPU usage by @umireon in #237
- Issue template improvements by @Sparronator9999 in #238
- Enable this filter when it is added to the source by @umireon in #241
- Use patched onnxruntime for Arch and Fedora build by @umireon in #235
- Respect the output of the previous filter if exists by @umireon in #244
- Adopt dynamically linked ONNX Runtime on macOS by @umireon in #246
- Some speedups by @royshil in #248
- Use prebuilt library on Windows by @umireon in #249
- Shared ONNX Runtime on Linux by @umireon in #250
- Add GPU (TensorRT) support on Linux (2) by @umireon in #253
- Remove BuildMyOnnxruntime.cmake leftovers by @umireon in #254
- Blending using the GPU by @royshil in #255
- Bump version 0.5.17 by @royshil in #260
- Fix notarization errors by @umireon in #265
- Fix openSUSE build by @umireon in #259
New release! It's a big one... We've listened to your comments and made many things a whole lot better:
As always - consider sponsoring our work so we can bring you more features faster!
- Background removal now works on any source! Including browser etc.
- We've switched our rendering backend to GS filters, which means it works on groups and on cameras of all kinds.
- Performance improvements were added, as well as better memory management.
- Universal-only Mac OS build, since many people accidentally install the x86 version on the M1.
- Feathering and background is fixed.
- Bugfixes took care of random crashes.
- Adopt stale bot by @umireon in #211
- Remove leftover files from the old CI by @umireon in #210
- Fix feather + background blur bug by @royshil in #217
- Data in obs_source_frame must belong to the same bzalloc memory. by @umireon in #213
- GS functions based rendering (supporting Browser sources and Groups) by @umireon in #220
- Reuse texrender and stagesurface by @umireon in #221
- Use placement new and explicit destructor for tf by @umireon in #222
- Fix escaping on postinstall of Mac pkg by @umireon in #227
- Use gs_effect_set_texture by @umireon in #228
- Fixes #223 (Add locks for cv::Mat and skip processing when the source is deactivated) by @umireon in #224
- Provide only the universal binary for Mac by @umireon in #229
- Bump 0.5.16 by @umireon in #231
In this release:
- Transparent background default (no more chroma key filter! )
- Signed Mac OSX installers
- Improved runtime performance
- Smaller package size (removing old model)
- Flatpak readiness
If this free plugin is helpful for you - consider sponsoring us on GitHub:
Full Changelog: v0.5.14...v0.5.15
- Background removal without Chrome Key filter by @umireon in #192
- Bump 0.5.15 by @umireon in #200
- Add libcpuinfo.a by @umireon in #197
- Change license to GPLv2 by @royshil in #201
- Feathering should be done within the contour by @umireon in #204
- Remove opencv dependencies from Aptfile by @umireon in #205
- Remove BG color, transparent by default by @royshil in #202
- Fix CMakeLists.txt for Flatpak builds by @umireon in #203
- Use pkgbuild and productbuild for .pkg by @umireon in #208
- Remove MODNET model by @royshil in #209
In this release we bumped onnxruntime to the latest 1.14.1, added Japanese translation, fixed bugs, and we're gearing up for various Linux builds. See the full change log below.
Thanks to all our contributors!
- Create en-US.ini by @umireon in #173
- Bump 0.5.14 by @umireon in #174
- Ccache should be optional by @umireon in #175
- Add quotes to en-US.ini by @umireon in #176
- Add Japanese translations by @umireon in #177
- Bump Onnxruntime 1.14.1 by @umireon in #178
- Abort if tf->model is null in createOrtSession by @umireon in #186
- Add USE_SHARED_OPENCV and USE_SHARED_ONNXRUNTIME options by @umireon in #185
New release! Many new things added... like a new model (PPHumanSeg), CoreML acceleration for Macs, and the ability to use the filter as an effect - aaand built-in background blur! (instead of matting color)
Please test out and let us know of any problems in the repo issues!
- Enable -Werror and /WX by @umireon in #158
- Add CoreML support for Mac by @royshil in #157
- Fix linux build by @umireon in #167
- Make obs-backgroundremoval effect filter by @umireon in #165
- Delete .Brewfile.lock.json by @umireon in #164
- Add PPHumanSeg new model and background blur by @royshil in #166
- Bump 0.5.13 by @umireon in #170
- Remove random url from windows installer causing malware threats by @royshil in #171
- Fix Build error by @RikvdHeijden in #169
We are very happy to announce that a new release is out with installers for all OSs!
Thanks to the diligent work of our contributors we're now set up with a CI pipeline that's robust and end-to-end, and new versions could start coming out much easily and consistently.
- OBS 28+ support
- Mac M1/2 (arm64) support
In this release
- Upgrade to OBS v27.1.3 (latest) support
- New realtime model Robust Video Matting (https://github.com/PeterL1n/RobustVideoMatting)
- Calculate mask every X frame - save on CPU cycles! (set to 2 for a 50% performance gain with unnoticeable quality drop)
- Some internal abstraction of the models to make it easy to add more models in the future
- More advancement on CUDA - but still no stable version... need help on this plz.
- Windows (64bit): Unzip the obs-backgroundremoval-win64.zip file in the OBS directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\obs-studio), for example: > Expand-Archive .\obs-backgroundremoval-win64.zip -DestinationPath 'C:\Program Files\obs-studio' -Force
- Mac OSX: Unzip obs-backgroundremoval-macosx.zip to /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/. e.g. $ unzip -o obs-backgroundremoval-macosx.zip -d /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/
- Archlinux: install the package e.g. pacman -U obs-backgroundremoval*.tar.zst