Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance

Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance v1.1.13

Son of a Gun

I just installed v5.0.17 and I am really curious on using this plugin but as others mentioned above I don't see the BackgroundRemoval option neither in the Effect Filters nor in the Audio/Video Filters .... the plugin itself seemed to be loaded successfully ... I assume I am missing something ... hopefully you can help out ?
01_LoadedModules.png
02_EffectFilters.png
03_AudioVideoFilters.png

Son of a Gun

I just installed v5.0.17 and I am really curious on using this plugin but as others mentioned above I don't see the BackgroundRemoval option neither in the Effect Filters nor in the Audio/Video Filters .... the plugin itself seemed to be loaded successfully ... I assume I am missing something ... hopefully you can help out ?
BTW: I am running OBS in an older version (27.2.4) ... is the latest OBS version needed for this plugin to properly run ?

royshilkrot

This doesn't seem to work at all so I'm doing something wrong, but the line jumps constantly, there is no transparency option, it looks REALLY bad, and there doesn't seem any way to manipulate this plugin in a way that works. Putting this in front of a gif just makes the image pop in and out constantly. Settings are (in order) .5, .5, 1.00, 0.00 CPU MediaPipe, 1, 0.
@Karlbannsonr i'm sorry this is the experience you got! we can try to help you resolve things
if you think something is a bug then you're welcome to submit a ticket on https://github.com/royshil/obs-backgroundremoval/issues

i suggest you try the "Robust Video Matting" / RVM model, which is probably the best one, although not the fastest. Mediapipe is the fastest but it's not as accurate, which makes it the best choice for most users.

royshilkrot

royshilkrot updated Background Removal / Portrait Segmentation / Virtual Green-screen with a new update entry:

v0.5.18 - fix windows DirectML/GPU, add ubuntu GPU, faster background blur

In this release we focus on OS robustness and packaging, and minor runtime improvements. We fixed the DirectML acceleration on Windows and added GPU support in Ubuntu. We fixed the PKGBUILD. We added a fast Kawase background blur in GPU.

As usual - if you find value in our work and it helps you achieve your goals, consider supporting us on GitHub:

What's...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

Roy, I have been with your BR from the beginning a few years back. I always look forward to your updates. Thanks for all your hard work and bringing Umireon on board. You are both doing a great job! It keeps getting better and resource lighter. Can't wait for future updates!

Son of a Gun

Hi all,
should have spent some more time in reading before posting here to get aware of OBS v28+ is needed to run the plugin ...
I updated to the latest version of OBS and everything is working now ... many thanks for all of your help, much appreciated :-)
Have a great day :-)

Blur filter breaks plugin.
Hey there, Was about to report that the plugin didn't seem to be working but then just out of curiosity I tried moving it above the blur filter(disabled) in the stack, and that seemed to fix the problem. For some reason that particular filter breaks background blur even if it's disabled. Just figured I'd mention it in case anyone else ran into that issues. Not a big deal, but maybe there's a fix?
- Reggie

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-04 at 10.22.15 AM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2023-05-04 at 10.22.15 AM copy.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 56
Okay, so I just realized the blur plugin was apparently not supported in the latest version of OBS which might further explain why it was breaking the plugin chain even though it was disabled.

royshilkrot

royshilkrot

royshilkrot updated Background Removal / Portrait Segmentation / Virtual Green-screen with a new update entry:

No light? No problem! New image lighting enhancement filter. Flathub!

Adding a low-light enhancement filter using neural networks, with GPU support.

We're also officially on Flathub: https://github.com/flathub/com.obsproject.Studio.Plugin.BackgroundRemoval (might take a bit for the public listings to update and include our plugin)

As always, if this plugin has provided real value to you - consider sponsoring our work:

Read the rest of this update entry...

Son of a Gun

Just updated to v0.5.19 ... but ... what happened to the CPU usage ?
Compared to v0.5.18 and earlier versions CPU usage is dramatically low now ... with earlier versions I had to set the calculation mask to every 8 frames to have an acceptable CPU usage ... now I can set it to 1 and CPU usage is even lower than before ... fantastic ... great job @royshilkrot and everyone working on this plugin :-)

royshilkrot

Just updated to v0.5.19 ... but ... what happened to the CPU usage ?
Compared to v0.5.18 and earlier versions CPU usage is dramatically low now ... with earlier versions I had to set the calculation mask to every 8 frames to have an acceptable CPU usage ... now I can set it to 1 and CPU usage is even lower than before ... fantastic ... great job @royshilkrot and everyone working on this plugin :-)

@Son of a Gun thanks! we have added the option to control the threads for the neural network calculation.
turns out it's far more efficeint running 2 threads instead of 8!
i can now get a very low 5-8% CPU utilization with 2 threads running Mediapipe x1 frame without GPU...

you can control the threads for the calculation all the way in the bottom of the properties. try out different values that work for you

pilot51

Does anyone know where I can the background removal plugin for mac for OBS Studio 23.2.1? I have an iMac with OS X El Capitan.

Hi Roy.
I don't seem to have "Enhanced Portrait" options. Is it another plugin or does it come with your plugin? I looked at all the options in BR and don't see it. How do I get it? Is it available for Mac. I am on a Mac OS Ventura. THANK YOU for continuing to upgrade this plugin. It keeps getting better and better!

Does anyone know where I can the background removal plugin for mac for OBS Studio 23.2.1? I have an iMac with OS X El Capitan.

Hi Roy.
I don't seem to have "Enhanced Portrait" options. Is it another plugin or does it come with your plugin? I looked at all the options in BR and don't see it. How do I get it? Is it available for Mac. I am on a Mac OS Ventura. THANK YOU for continuing to upgrade this plugin. It keeps getting better and better!
Found it: It is separate in the effects list! Can't wait to play with it later! Thanks so much!!!