Audio Monitor

Audio Monitor 0.8.5

dave42

I just updated to OBS 28.0.1 on my Mac mini (Intel), and the Audio Monitor plugin no longer shows up at all. I tried deleting the plugin and reinstalling (both the x86 and Universal versions), and neither works. The installers work just fine and the plugin shows up in my ~/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins folder, but neither the dock nor the filter show sup in OBS itself. Any ideas?
Weird... I created a "plugins" folder in my ~/[home directory]/Library/Application Support/obs-studio folder and moved the Audio Monitor plugin there. Once I restarted OBS, it was fine. I've realized this is happening for another plugin, too. So, not an Audio Monitor problem, but an OBS 28 problem!

Drunkula

Is there a solution to have both working on Windows PC (64-bit), by upgrading the Audio Monitor plug-in, or downgrading OBS version to an earlier one?
Yes. You can download the zip of one (or more) versions, unzip them and then run the exe straight from the bin -> x64 subdirectory.
You can copy the plugins for that version into the root folder - make sure you have the plugin and data if the plugin uses both.

You can essentially use the zip versions as portables without an effect on the main install.

KyleMcCarley

Updated to OBS 28 and the newest version of Audio Monitor today and I'm having a weird issue I'd not noticed before. Stuff I monitor gets super choppy when I adjust the monitor volume. Only way to fix it is to either delete the filter and add it again (which also resets volume to 100%, so it messes up again as soon as I adjust), or to restart OBS. I haven't had the chance to stress test and see if anything else causes the problem to start, but adjusting monitor volume definitely does.

ses

Still on OBS V27, but audio monitor no longer shows up in docks or filters. I downloaded the latest and re-installed, confirmed the files int he OBS directory structure. Still no joy. OBS didn't get used during the summer, so when we came back last Sunday after updating Windows and drivers, surprise! We were able to get it going with a quick work around.

I read one person say a particular windows 10 update (KB5015878) appears to have broken it, though it does not show up in my installed updates (does not mean it's not wrapped into a bigger update). WIndows 10 on this system is fully updated.

Hope there might be an update soon. Limping along with a work-around for now. Thanks in advance for any help

mattporter

Updated to OBS 28 and the newest version of Audio Monitor today and I'm having a weird issue I'd not noticed before. Stuff I monitor gets super choppy when I adjust the monitor volume. Only way to fix it is to either delete the filter and add it again (which also resets volume to 100%, so it messes up again as soon as I adjust), or to restart OBS. I haven't had the chance to stress test and see if anything else causes the problem to start, but adjusting monitor volume definitely does.
I can 100% confirm this is a problem for me as well with v28.0.1 on Windows 10 21H2 and version 0.8.1 of this plugin.

mattporter

*ahem* ... While I have the mic, can I make a suggestion for how to improve this plugin?

I was looking at the "Downstream Keyer" (another great plugin), and it occurred to me that having a Tab to group each Output device (rather than grouping by source) might be useful.

The idea here would be that you'd configure one or more tabs, with each tab being associated with a single (or multiple?) Output device.

Each time you add an "Audio Monitor" Filter to the Audio Source, you nominate which tab (instead of the device) you want this slider to appear on. In this way, "Audio Montior" becomes more like an "Audio Matrix" in that you can send signals to multiple Output chains, and if you want to change the device associated with any tab, you only have to do it in one place (not on each source).

An example of how this might be used is to have multiple tabs:
* One tab / output for your headphones
* One tab / output for your speakers
* One tab / output for your Discord output
* One tab / output for your Zoom / MS Teams or similar
* One tab / output for your recording / audio software
... etc

This approach might also open up the possibility of a "Master" slider on each tab that can control the overall volume of that Matrix (or even mute it if you wish). It would make this plugin a lot more powerful, and better organised.

One downside to this approach might be that you then can't see your "all sources" view with multiple sliders for each output. Perhaps there can be a way to right click and "Show All Sources" or similar, so you could configure one tab as the "Master" with all the sliders and sources arranged similar to how it is today?

Hope you find this idea useful.

Cheers
Matt

MkRl

I hit three problems with 8.1 version.
I have 3 mics - headphones, camera, large USB
1) In the audio monitor panel the level indicators (green, yellow, red) tend to disappear. They reappear after turning the sources off and on.
2) I use 2 scenes: mics alone and mics with a camera and whiteboard. When a mic is turned on in one scene, I swap to the other and turn it off, it does not stop working. When I return back to the other scene and turn it off, it is really off finally.
3) In the previous version OSB crashed any time I turned it off. Now it takes some 20 seconds and crashes in 1 of five cases. U eliminated all other plugins one by one, thus the audio monitor seems to be the culprit.

Problem no. 2 is particularly disturbing.

I would be grateful for any advice.

mk

KyleMcCarley

ALSO: it appears that when this stuttering starts happening on a source that's being monitored, it happens on the output to the stream as well. Kiiiinda makes this plugin unusable, unfortunately :(

KyleMcCarley

ALSO: it appears that when this stuttering starts happening on a source that's being monitored, it happens on the output to the stream as well. Kiiiinda makes this plugin unusable, unfortunately :(
And when running OBS via WinDbg, I discovered the plugin was constantly throwing errors that linked to something along the lines of avcore\audiocore\client\audioclient\mmdeviceactivator.cpp(279)\AUDIOSES.DLL!00007FF9B74C6431. Might wanna look at this one, @Exeldro <3

Adam_B

Awesome plugin. I've been using it on my iMac at home. Traveling now and having a hard time installing it on my MacBook Pro. It didn't install. Installer skips over 'Destination select'. When I click 'back', I see this... Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Adam
Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 11.47.07 PM.png

DrewMac

I am having trouble installing it. I tried both the zip and installer.exe methods, and both times showed "success" but the filter isn't available nor is the dock. I restarted my PC, OBS, ran in administrator mode, all to no avail. I am on Windows 10, running the latest 27 build (28 was causing some issues).

I know this is a passion/open source project, not asking for development support, just curious if anyone else has had this issue and what steps they took to resolve it. Thanks!

OP3

I am having trouble installing it. I tried both the zip and installer.exe methods, and both times showed "success" but the filter isn't available nor is the dock. I restarted my PC, OBS, ran in administrator mode, all to no avail. I am on Windows 10, running the latest 27 build (28 was causing some issues).

I know this is a passion/open source project, not asking for development support, just curious if anyone else has had this issue and what steps they took to resolve it. Thanks!
Same issue here, just installed for the first time and nothing.

OP3

Weird... I created a "plugins" folder in my ~/[home directory]/Library/Application Support/obs-studio folder and moved the Audio Monitor plugin there. Once I restarted OBS, it was fine. I've realized this is happening for another plugin, too. So, not an Audio Monitor problem, but an OBS 28 problem!
You kinda lost me there, what exact dir did you create this under? I have OBS installed under "program files", there's a dir named "obs-plugins" there but your "home directory" comment is confusing. Trying to resolve this issue before a big sporting event I'm covering tomorrow... thanks!

AaronD

You kinda lost me there, what exact dir did you create this under? I have OBS installed under "program files", there's a dir named "obs-plugins" there but your "home directory" comment is confusing. Trying to resolve this issue before a big sporting event I'm covering tomorrow... thanks!
On Windows, it's usually C:\Users\<your name>. The common shortcuts that Windows gives you are:
C:\Users\<your name>\Documents
C:\Users\<your name>\Downloads
C:\Users\<your name>\Music
C:\Users\<your name>\Videos
etc.
Surprisingly similar to Linux in that sense, except that most Linux file managers take you straight to the one home directory and let you see the actual folders from there, whereas Windows only makes that specific list of folders easy to get to.

But...dave42 is on a Mac. Not Windows like you are. That's another different thing. I'm not a Mac guy, but some things are still similar. Maybe this is one of them, maybe not.

Ciemmevu

hi, i have a problem after update obs studio to 28 version. I'm a little streamer and I can't hear anymore the music in my lives. i updated even the audio monitor plugin but the problem ramains. i use the option twitch vod in obs and use the "sountrack by twitch" or firefox, both with vb cable so the music doesn't stay in the twitch vod. can someone help me? thx

OP3

A follow up with my earlier post. This issue only appears with version 0.8.1 as 0.8.0 installs and appears in the filter list.

mattporter

I'm also experiencing this as indicated earlier. Does anyone know if there is a fix? @Exeldro ?

KungLaoHD

Im using OBS Studio v28.0.3 and Audio Monitor 0.81. When now starting my Tool "Touch Portal" , then OSB closed. When i remove the Audio Monitor Plugin all is ok then. Pls Help