Audio Monitor

Audio Monitor 0.8.5

KungLaoHD

@KungLaoHD the update is only available on GitHub as long as the version 28 of OBS is not officially released. You can download the latest test version for OBS 28 here:
Hi. Thanks for your info. I downloaded it but it doesn't run as well as the 0.80 version before. The sound is a bit scratchy with the plugin under OBS v28 rc2.

Ares1192

Maybe. I just don't know.

What happens is that I speak and wait like a second or two then my voice sounds in the headset :c

AaronD

Maybe. I just don't know.

What happens is that I speak and wait like a second or two then my voice sounds in the headset :c
Ouch! Yeah, 2 seconds would really throw you off!

Are you on Windows? That's the only system I know that tries to be so smart with audio, that it trips over itself and falls flat on its face for anything beyond casual music and movies. So we have ASIO drivers to bypass Windows' mess, and go directly between the app and the card.
No other system needs that; just Windoze.

Ares1192

Are you on Windows? That's the only system I know that tries to be so smart with audio, that it trips over itself and falls flat on its face for anything beyond casual music and movies. So we have ASIO drivers to bypass Windows' mess, and go directly between the app and the card.
No other system needs that; just Windoze.
yeah im on windows

i installed the audio monitor, select the device and put the filter on my mic, but is just annoying the way that the voice sounds (toooooooooooooo late).

where can i see those ASIO drivers and how to configure it?

and thx dude

AaronD

That's a separate thing. Nothing to do with this plugin. I had ASIO4ALL about 10 years ago, and they're still around, but I've switched to Linux now for most media-related things. I think some sound cards have their own too, but it's not the default.

micky3knuckles

yeah im on windows

i installed the audio monitor, select the device and put the filter on my mic, but is just annoying the way that the voice sounds (toooooooooooooo late).

and thx dude
I have the same issue as you. What happens for me is that when I select my device for output, I get a small delay. I figured this was normal since the OBS output monitor has a live delay. But after some time, the delay becomes longer and longer. If I just put the Audio Monitor on and wait....within about 10 minutes I can get up to a 3 second delay. I put this in the bug reports some time ago, because i would love to use this plugin, but it is unusable. I do a lot of routing to get into and out of OBS with VST's and other programs, but if there could be a solution that elminates all of that, it would be fantastic.

AaronD

I have the same issue as you. What happens for me is that when I select my device for output, I get a small delay. I figured this was normal since the OBS output monitor has a live delay. But after some time, the delay becomes longer and longer. If I just put the Audio Monitor on and wait....within about 10 minutes I can get up to a 3 second delay. I put this in the bug reports some time ago, because i would love to use this plugin, but it is unusable. I do a lot of routing to get into and out of OBS with VST's and other programs, but if there could be a solution that elminates all of that, it would be fantastic.
An *increasing* delay sounds a lot like this issue: https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/issues/4531 Does that seem familiar?

A *constant* delay is probably something different.

I just downgraded from OBS 28 back to 27.2.4 because I need certain plug-ins to work that don't on 28. Audio Monitor was one of my most used (can't live without it). Started OBS up after the re-install and everything was there and working except Audio Monitor. Downloaded the audio-monitor-0.8.1-windows-installer and re-ran it. But it's still not showing up anywhere. It's not under DOCKS for me to make it visible. I've got the config.json in the 'AppData\Roaming\obs-studio\plugin_config\audio-monitor' folder, just like in my back-up copy. What am I doing wrong? What am I missing? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

micky3knuckles

An *increasing* delay sounds a lot like this issue: https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/issues/4531 Does that seem familiar?

A *constant* delay is probably something different.
Yep, that seems like it is the issue. I am testing the source output and it seems to be much more stable. The delay does not increase, but is a constant small delay...but at least that is workable. I mostly use this to run audio from OBS to places like Zoom. This keeps me from having 2 or 3 completely separate setups.

Dillmeister

I attempted to install this on my M1 Mac running OBS 28.0.1 but was unable to extract the files as the Apple alert popped up that it was an untrusted source and is blocked. Is there a workaround for this? I'm a Mac newbie and don't have this issue on my Windows machine.

Dillmeister

I'm sure you're not the only one. Care to say how you did it, for the next guy?
yeah, again I'm a Mac newbie so I'm not familiar with their default settings. I clicked system preferences, then security and privacy, and finally the general tab. Under that section you can click the padlock at the bottom left, enter your password and then deselect the only App Store and only App Store and identified developers from the allow apps downloaded from section. A few more steps than just right clicking and selecting run as administrator in windows. It's a bit of a learning curve switching over to the dark side.

Drunkula

To get it working with v27 again download version 8.0.0 from the history tab. Glad I didn't spend 2 hours trying to fix this problem.

Oscariscool

I just downgraded from OBS 28 back to 27.2.4 because I need certain plug-ins to work that don't on 28. Audio Monitor was one of my most used (can't live without it). Started OBS up after the re-install and everything was there and working except Audio Monitor. Downloaded the audio-monitor-0.8.1-windows-installer and re-ran it. But it's still not showing up anywhere. It's not under DOCKS for me to make it visible. I've got the config.json in the 'AppData\Roaming\obs-studio\plugin_config\audio-monitor' folder, just like in my back-up copy. What am I doing wrong? What am I missing? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I have the same issue I saw someone mention how downgrading can mess up your plug-ins majorly. Idk where I saw this, I use a ASIO driver and that started working again perfectly when I downgraded.

Joshua_G

Sorry people, I'm confused by the many posts here.

Am long-time OBS Studio + Audio Monitor on PC user. Registered the Forum due to the discussed OBS version 28.0 & Audio Monitor issues.

Is there a solution to have both working on Windows PC (64-bit), by upgrading the Audio Monitor plug-in, or downgrading OBS version to an earlier one?

Thanks

dave42

I just updated to OBS 28.0.1 on my Mac mini (Intel), and the Audio Monitor plugin no longer shows up at all. I tried deleting the plugin and reinstalling (both the x86 and Universal versions), and neither works. The installers work just fine and the plugin shows up in my ~/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins folder, but neither the dock nor the filter show sup in OBS itself. Any ideas?