Audio Monitor

Audio Monitor 0.8.5

ManedCalico

Hey there! Amazing plug-in, thank you!! You've made my dual-pc setup so much cleaner!!

One quick question, just to make sure I'm not missing it: the VBAN only sends, right? I still need VM installed on the stream PC to receive, or is there a way to make the plug-in monitor incoming VBAN audio and route it to a device itself? Thanks!

Nocturnal Lunacy

Thank you for this. I've been following it for a bit but kind of forgot about it. Finally installed it tonight. Could you add an option to remove unwanted audio sources from the monitor, like hide them like we can in the audio mixer? And could you provide a way to move them around so my mic isn't all the way at the end and everything else is mixed in between not used ones.

Georgy Porgy

I had massive issues with Audio Monitor 0.8.0 on OBS 27.2.2 (OSX 10.14.6 Mojave). It totally messed up the OSX Audio Setups and even OB crashed with 100% CPU load and crazy behavior of the OBS audio peak level indicators being totally stalled . I eventually downgraded back to Audio Monitor 0.7.1 (which seems to work still fine with less issues).

I had massive issues with Audio Monitor 0.8.0 on OBS 27.2.2 (OSX 10.14.6 Mojave). It totally messed up the OSX Audio Setups and even OB crashed with 100% CPU load and crazy behavior of the OBS audio peak level indicators being totally stalled . I eventually downgraded back to Audio Monitor 0.7.1 (which seems to work still fine with less issues).
can you please tell me the process of how you downgraded... please help ne out and tell me how you did it.

Epicut

Hello,
I found a little Trouble, if i put one video and duplicate it in the same scene the audio will be doubled
Is there some suggestion or fix for it?

because i need in some scene the same video sycronized ...

for example if i put the same video like two different sources and I'll mute one i will have a little (4ms) delay and are not in sync

Thank you

I have a question with Audio Monitor!

With output->Track1 What does show mean and where does it go? I understand that the other resources are but where is show going?

Is it the stream and the recording?

Also if I goto Setting-> Audio->Advanced Monitoring Device does that over right what is in the Audio Monitor settings?

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 5.56.07 AM.png

Jorlex

Exeldro submitted a new resource:

Audio Monitor - Audio Monitor filter for OBS Studio

Read more about this resource...
can you please tell me the process of how you downgraded... please help ne out and tell me how you did it.
Can you share the older version of audio monitor

GalienCofC

Please forgive me if I am reporting this in the wrong location or this is actually an OBS Studio bug.
I think I found a bug in the Audio Monitor 0.8.0 where it is outputting sound when using a VLC Video Source even though no Audio Monitor filter is applied. I have a fresh install of OBS and all of my Global Audio Devices are disabled. I added a VLC Video Source (wav file) and can see OBS would output sound if it knew where to send the audio. Using NirSoft's SoundVolumeView I determined that when I launch OBS without the Audio Monitor installed OBS Studio shows only one audio device (VB-Audio Cable D) which is expected as it is my default audio device on my system. When I install the Audio Monitor and I check SoundVolumeView now I see an additional audio device (Focusrite USB Audio). The VLC Video source now outputs the audio to the Focusrite USB Audio without adding the Audio Monitor filter. I have attached a link to an image showing both audio devices when the Audio Monitor is installed. If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free. Thank you for all of your great plug-ins.

Attachments

• OBSAudioSources.PNG
    OBSAudioSources.PNG
    9.6 KB · Views: 40

ASchneider

Hello @Exeldro, how are you today?

Sorry to ask, not sure if this is something I'm doing wrong: when I show the audio monitor dock, and set to enable output slider, all of mine hidden audio sources shows up there, sources that I don't need any management at all.

Here are a couple of screenshots:

This is the regular audio mixer, these are the non-hidden sources, just like I need.

1649259975526.png

This is with the output slider enabled.

1649260033569.png

Stock audio mixer for reference, with the hidden audio sources not showing up:

1649261122989.png

You can see there are a couple of hidden sources now showing, like Chat and Chat overlay (browser sources, no audio there).

I was wondering if when the output slider is enabled, if it should "respect" the hidden sources as well.

Those sources takes a lot of screen real estate and using your audio monitor tool is 100x better than the stock audio mixer.

Thanks!

Last edited:

carecov

Hi! Could you please solve the problem with voice chat in valorant? It only capture the game sound but not the chat. Pleaaaaaase.

West83

I think I've found a glitch. I set the Audio Monitor Mute status as "Linked to source muting". Problem is, this doesn't work until I open the Filter and make any change, no matter how simple (eg. tick Locked, then untick again). So I can easily work around the problem but thought it might be worth looking at if you're in the code at some point.

Wulfynrir

Having a massive issue with 0.8 . This happens even if I dont use any of the features, just installing it immediately starts the issue - sometimes when I adjust the audio levels, this horrible choppy static sets in, completely ruins it. Everything will sound fine on the computer, but if you monitor the audio through obs (using your filter, the built-in "monitor" feature of obs, or a recording) it will become immediately obvious. This only seems to happepn when adjusting the audio - most reliable way i found to recreate it was to just greab the audio slider and go between -inf db and 0db rapidly a few times. You can tell when it starts because audio will start showing huge spikes even at -inf db. I have ONLY been able to recreate this with the 0.8.0 version of your plugin - when you uninstall it everything is fine, ditto when using 7.1.

Attaching two log files. audiomonitorbroken - taken from a session where a recording exhibited the issue. No audio monitor - taken immediately after the last one when I closed obs, uninstalled audio monitor, and opened obs for another test and could not get the issue to happen.

Let me know if I can provide any more info or if I should submit this somewhere else as a proper bug report

Attachments

• audiomonitorbroken.txt
    55.3 KB · Views: 14
  • noaudiomonitor.txt
    52.4 KB · Views: 14

haunguyen

Having a massive issue with 0.8 . This happens even if I dont use any of the features, just installing it immediately starts the issue - sometimes when I adjust the audio levels, this horrible choppy static sets in, completely ruins it. Everything will sound fine on the computer, but if you monitor the audio through obs (using your filter, the built-in "monitor" feature of obs, or a recording) it will become immediately obvious. This only seems to happepn when adjusting the audio - most reliable way i found to recreate it was to just greab the audio slider and go between -inf db and 0db rapidly a few times. You can tell when it starts because audio will start showing huge spikes even at -inf db. I have ONLY been able to recreate this with the 0.8.0 version of your plugin - when you uninstall it everything is fine, ditto when using 7.1.

Attaching two log files. audiomonitorbroken - taken from a session where a recording exhibited the issue. No audio monitor - taken immediately after the last one when I closed obs, uninstalled audio monitor, and opened obs for another test and could not get the issue to happen.

Let me know if I can provide any more info or if I should submit this somewhere else as a proper bug report
Hi! I have the exact problem! Could u please show me how to uninstall the plugin? I'm using a mac.

Update: I found that using version 0.6 fix the static sound problem.

Last edited:

JVRaines

There appears to be a buffering bug with media sources in Studio mode. It causes audio to be repeated when switching back and forth between Preview and Program.
  1. Create a scene with a Media Source set to "Restart playback when source becomes active." Add an Audio Monitor filter.
  2. Create another arbitrary scene.
  3. Go into Studio mode with the media scene in Program. The media will start playing.
  4. Switch to the arbitrary scene while the media is still playing.
  5. Now switch back to the media scene. The media will restart, but about 1/4 second of audio from the point of switch on previous playback will be heard first on the monitor output.
  6. If the media plays to the end on Program, the bug does not occur.
The track output is fine. The bugged audio only comes through the monitor output.