Audio Monitor

Audio Monitor 0.8.5

rusty1

Actually, I figured out the problem. It is being caused by using the "audio controls" in the source dock for the same source.

IvYWing

Last time I build this plugin from source code to Linux it broke OBS. Please tell me how to install it? I installed it from instructions last time. I broke OBS and been painfully installing plugins one at a time and found out it was this plugin that caused it to segmentation fault.
Thread isn't approved yet so if you can't view it yet this is the heads up about it.

IvYWing

Last time I build this plugin from source code to Linux it broke OBS. Please tell me how to install it? I installed it from instructions last time. I broke OBS and been painfully installing plugins one at a time and found out it was this plugin that caused it to segmentation fault.
Thread isn't approved yet so if you can't view it yet this is the heads up about it.
Yep. Confirmed for me. This plugin is segmentation faulting my OBS. I have deleted and clean rebuilt from source code each plugin that I have, which is 3: OBS-ndi source, rtsp-server, and audio-monitor. This is crashing me, bros. Linux Mint 64bit 20.2 Xfce. See linked thread in quotes for log file.
Code:
info: [Audio Monitor] loaded version 0.7.1
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Greetings ,

Rookie here , After installing the latest audio mixer , How do I run it ?
It installed in the OBS directory ( Defaults ) .. 3.1 ? I believe form the download page ..

Regards

Rich

GrumpyDog

Is there a setting that allows a source audio to be audible when the source is visible even when the source is not active (not shown in the main output).

Use Case:

Say you have a source /scene in the Source Dock and it contains a source with an audio channel that is playing but the source is not visible in the main output and only in a visible / Shown Source Dock Panel, is there a way to have that audio output to a designated monitor channel anyway?

Entak

How can I use audio monitor with any applications? I need to hear my voice in headphone without echo.

Lesschamps

Hi all, Loved this plug-in and hoping to love it again! I am having an issue where when I add an Audio Input source to one scene it plays(monitors) in all scenes regardless of whether I have the Audio input in the scene or not. I am trying to remove this plug-in to troubleshoot but can't seem to do it. I am on 2021 mac running the latest OBS. I have cleared all the source files from the plugin_config in the setting folder. trashed them, restarted my computer. I have trashed all my OBS settings, and I have even reinstalled OBS after deleting the audio plug-in but it still shows up. The plugin still shows up in the filter menu and when I click on it loads. I am not sure if this Plug-in is the source of my issue, but I would still like to remove it temporarily. Any advice on any of the issues I'm having would be awesome!

Georgy Porgy

Thanks for the amazing plugin. It's super helpful for us livestreaming with multiple internal and external audio routings. Fantastic job! But are there any plans to fix the issue of muting and volume sometimes not working anymore and only resetting every single monitor is getting the monitors back to work (and even after restarting OBS the issue is back). Any timeline to get this fixed (OSX version), or any good and simple workaround possible.

nekobaby

THIS! This was EXACTLY what I've been looking for.

I have a Rodecaster Pro and while I could work around most of the sounds inputs, being able to separate out my mic from my console/roku which was running through TRSS on the board was not working at all. While I could split tracks with ASIO, I only have one actual microphone, so using it with Discord or other apps would carry any other tracks over as well.

But NOW, with this plugin, I can basically output the separate track (mic) to a virtual audio cable using the filter. I have the virtual audio cable being pulled in and rebroadcast via Nvidia Broadcast to remove excess background noise. Then I have NVidia Broadcast as my input device for my mic in all my other programs (Zoom, Discord, etc).

The great thing is that I can have the split track muted in OBS and hidden AND IT STILL WORKS!
So I don't have a ton of clutter in my Audio Mixer.

William Stanley

HI, I tried to install the Audio Monitor 0.7.01 on my MacBook Pro, Monterey 12.0.1 but it would not intstall due to not trusting the source. Is there something I can do?

Agent_PK_1

Hi, please can anyone help me? How do I hide individual meters from the Audio Monitor dock? In my Audio Mixer I can hide the meters for things like webcam and image/text sources, but I can't work out how to do the same in Audio Monitor. As it is there are way too many faders to make it practical to have the dock loaded. Any ideas? Thanks

(for clarity i have muted all the things that appear in Auudio Monitor that I want to hide. Also I have "Only Active" ticked if that makes a difference)

(also also,what does "meter audio" do? Surely the entire plugin is metering the audio, unless Iam misunderstanding what it means by "meter audio", which I most likely am lol. thanks again)
1641918546431.png

Armchair Guru

Hi,
Is there any way to use a midi device to directly control the separate monitor/output channel volume controls ?
say, a Nanocontrol 2.

Armchair Guru

Hi,
Is there any way to use a midi device to directly control the separate monitor/output channel volume controls ?
say, a Nanocontrol 2.
Edit:
Found the answer, although it's not for the faint of heart.
Installed midi-to-OBS and dependencies and can now use the hardware to control any audio source.

Great plugin by the way :)

I'd like to report a bug that I found recently with this plugin.

Watch these in this order:

Issue:

Solution:

This started as what I thought was a VB-Cable issue. But it's really an OBS issue, and specifically - the Audio Monitor plugin.

Settings on a source in Scene A should not act as global parameters for Scene B. All of the global stuff should be done in the Audio Mixer, or the application Settings.

PVANDORS

I am running OBS 27.1.3 (64 bit) on Windows 10 and tried to install and use the Audio Monitor for the first time. As soon as I start OBS after installing AM 0.8.0, memory utilization shoots to 95%+ and hangs up the system. Is this a known issue? Once I uninstall AM, everything runs fine.

I have also recently installed Virtual Audio Cables and VoiceMeeter. I can get most of what I need with those apps, but it's kind of kludgy, I'd prefer to add additional audio channels (to and from Zoom) using Audio Monitor.

KyleMcCarley

For some reason using this plugin on one of VoiceMeeter's virtual audio devices causes a terrible crackle, like the sample rate's mismatched. Doesn't do it on any other device, even though those are all set to the same sample rate as the VoiceMeeter devices.

EDIT: My mistake, it's not just happening when I monitor with the plugin, it's doing it when I monitor through OBS's main monitoring device settings, too

Ooops had a nasty issue today. The audio from OBS was very distorted and sounded like I was gargling with oil. It was fine last night, so I can only think that there is some issue with this and latest OBS which dropped this morning. I was on a Zoom seminar and had to spend 30 minutes tracing the issue. Turned out if I removed the monitor (used on two channels, mic and DAW audio) from the filter and then put it back it seemed to behave OK.

If there is there anything I can do to help test this for future please let me know.