Resource icon

Free Animated Lower Thirds with Dockable Control Panel v.1.6

jwharper2

Running in Windows 10. I have a question, I modified the HTML to lengthen the amount of memory slots per instance from 10 to 21. When the slots cycle through they still go from the 10th slot back to the 1st slot. Does anyone know which line of code to modify in the HTML to go make it go on to the 11th slot from the 10th, instead then when it gets to the 21st slot it will then go to the 1st slot? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• obs 2.jpg
    obs 2.jpg
    880.3 KB · Views: 95
  • obs.jpg
    obs.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

GPhoto

Everything seemed to install properly, but I can't get any of the lower thirds to activate. I can activate the Main settings pane so it's highlighted in blue, but no matter which settings I have changed, the red highlight will not turn blue on any of the Lower Third panes.

I'm using OBS 27.2.4 on Mac OS 11.6.8 Big Sur.

I apologize if this is a solved problem, butI have searched and can't find the answer; any help would be greatly appreciated.

jwharper2

Everything seemed to install properly, but I can't get any of the lower thirds to activate. I can activate the Main settings pane so it's highlighted in blue, but no matter which settings I have changed, the red highlight will not turn blue on any of the Lower Third panes.

I'm using OBS 27.2.4 on Mac OS 11.6.8 Big Sur.

I apologize if this is a solved problem, butI have searched and can't find the answer; any help would be greatly appreciated.
Watch this video, might help.

GPhoto

Watch this video, might help.

Thank you! I thought I had used the file:///Users/xxx/OBS%20Plugins/Animated-Lower-Thirds/lower%20thirds/browser-source.html URL format, but alas, no. I just unchecked the Local file option, pasted the URL from my browser, and I'm good to go.

jwharper2

Running in Windows 10. I have a question, I modified the HTML to lengthen the amount of memory slots per instance from 10 to 21. When the slots cycle through they still go from the 10th slot back to the 1st slot. Does anyone know which line of code to modify in the HTML to go make it go on to the 11th slot from the 10th, instead then when it gets to the 21st slot it will then go to the 1st slot? Thank you in advance.
I found it, line 2329, changed the 10 to 21, fixed it.

}
if (find_next && (next_slot_num > 10 || emptySlot)) {
find_next = false;
to_load = first_stored_slot;
}

RolandW

}
find_next = false;
}
When you say "the slots cycle through," do you mean with auto-advance? Are you able to get auto-advance to work with more than one LT? I've never been able to get it to work with more than one, and the developer seems to have gone missing.

jwharper2

}
find_next = false;
}
CORRECTION:
The line 2329 isn't the correct line from the original HTML since I found it after I had modified the original. The line where this is located is line 2317 thru 2321 and I changed the number 10 to 21.
}
if (find_next && (next_slot_num > 21 || emptySlot)) {
find_next = false;
}

I also forgot to add a screenshot of my finished product. It isn't pretty but it is functional.

Blow is the original bit of HTML for the "Lower Third 1", to try this copy the HTML below the 2nd line and paste below the first set of HTML below. Then change the bit of HTML above as I have. You may ask why I went to 21, well I couldn't figure it out at 20 to begin with so I just simply went to 21 and didn't feel like changing it basically but you could potentially add as many as you wish just remember to change each line of HTML to reflect the correct numbers.

<li id="alt-1-slot-1"><div class="slot-number">1</div><div class="slot-storable stored-name" id="alt-1-name-1"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-info" id="alt-1-info-1"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-logo" id="alt-1-logo-1"></div></li>
<li id="alt-1-slot-2"><div class="slot-number">2</div><div class="slot-storable stored-name" id="alt-1-name-2"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-info" id="alt-1-info-2"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-logo" id="alt-1-logo-2"></div></li>
<li id="alt-1-slot-3"><div class="slot-number">3</div><div class="slot-storable stored-name" id="alt-1-name-3"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-info" id="alt-1-info-3"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-logo" id="alt-1-logo-3"></div></li>
<li id="alt-1-slot-4"><div class="slot-number">4</div><div class="slot-storable stored-name" id="alt-1-name-4"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-info" id="alt-1-info-4"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-logo" id="alt-1-logo-4"></div></li>
<li id="alt-1-slot-5"><div class="slot-number">5</div><div class="slot-storable stored-name" id="alt-1-name-5"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-info" id="alt-1-info-5"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-logo" id="alt-1-logo-5"></div></li>
<li id="alt-1-slot-6"><div class="slot-number">6</div><div class="slot-storable stored-name" id="alt-1-name-6"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-info" id="alt-1-info-6"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-logo" id="alt-1-logo-6"></div></li>
<li id="alt-1-slot-7"><div class="slot-number">7</div><div class="slot-storable stored-name" id="alt-1-name-7"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-info" id="alt-1-info-7"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-logo" id="alt-1-logo-7"></div></li>
<li id="alt-1-slot-8"><div class="slot-number">8</div><div class="slot-storable stored-name" id="alt-1-name-8"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-info" id="alt-1-info-8"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-logo" id="alt-1-logo-8"></div></li>
<li id="alt-1-slot-9"><div class="slot-number">9</div><div class="slot-storable stored-name" id="alt-1-name-9"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-info" id="alt-1-info-9"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-logo" id="alt-1-logo-9"></div></li>
<li id="alt-1-slot-10"><div class="slot-number">10</div><div class="slot-storable stored-name" id="alt-1-name-10"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-info" id="alt-1-info-10"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-logo" id="alt-1-logo-10"></div></li>
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I copied and pasted the above HTML and changed the numbers from 1-10 with 11-21 in each instance in each line of HTML. It looks like the HTML blow the next line. If you wish to duplicate this you can paste the HTML below to the bottom of the above code.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
<li id="alt-1-slot-11"><div class="slot-number">11</div><div class="slot-storable stored-name" id="alt-1-name-11"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-info" id="alt-1-info-11"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-logo" id="alt-1-logo-11"></div></li>
<li id="alt-1-slot-12"><div class="slot-number">12</div><div class="slot-storable stored-name" id="alt-1-name-12"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-info" id="alt-1-info-12"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-logo" id="alt-1-logo-12"></div></li>
<li id="alt-1-slot-13"><div class="slot-number">13</div><div class="slot-storable stored-name" id="alt-1-name-13"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-info" id="alt-1-info-13"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-logo" id="alt-1-logo-13"></div></li>
<li id="alt-1-slot-14"><div class="slot-number">14</div><div class="slot-storable stored-name" id="alt-1-name-14"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-info" id="alt-1-info-14"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-logo" id="alt-1-logo-14"></div></li>
<li id="alt-1-slot-15"><div class="slot-number">15</div><div class="slot-storable stored-name" id="alt-1-name-15"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-info" id="alt-1-info-15"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-logo" id="alt-1-logo-15"></div></li>
<li id="alt-1-slot-16"><div class="slot-number">16</div><div class="slot-storable stored-name" id="alt-1-name-16"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-info" id="alt-1-info-16"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-logo" id="alt-1-logo-16"></div></li>
<li id="alt-1-slot-17"><div class="slot-number">17</div><div class="slot-storable stored-name" id="alt-1-name-17"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-info" id="alt-1-info-17"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-logo" id="alt-1-logo-17"></div></li>
<li id="alt-1-slot-18"><div class="slot-number">18</div><div class="slot-storable stored-name" id="alt-1-name-18"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-info" id="alt-1-info-18"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-logo" id="alt-1-logo-18"></div></li>
<li id="alt-1-slot-19"><div class="slot-number">19</div><div class="slot-storable stored-name" id="alt-1-name-19"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-info" id="alt-1-info-19"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-logo" id="alt-1-logo-19"></div></li>
<li id="alt-1-slot-20"><div class="slot-number">20</div><div class="slot-storable stored-name" id="alt-1-name-20"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-info" id="alt-1-info-20"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-logo" id="alt-1-logo-20"></div></li>
<li id="alt-1-slot-21"><div class="slot-number">21</div><div class="slot-storable stored-name" id="alt-1-name-21"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-info" id="alt-1-info-21"></div><div class="slot-storable stored-logo" id="alt-1-logo-21"></div></li>

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-13 111631.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-13 111631.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 68

jwharper2

When you say "the slots cycle through," do you mean with auto-advance? Are you able to get auto-advance to work with more than one LT? I've never been able to get it to work with more than one, and the developer seems to have gone mis
I replied to my post to make a correction. This might answer your question. I know very little about HTML and the terminology I just did trial and error and made sure I had a copy of the original code in case I screed it up. If you want I can copy and paste the code for 2,3 and 4.

RolandW

I replied to my post to make a correction. This might answer your question. I know very little about HTML and the terminology I just did trial and error and made sure I had a copy of the original code in case I screed it up. If you want I can copy and paste the code for 2,3 and 4.
Thanks, but I'm still not clear: are you using auto-advance? If so, does it work with more than one of your lower thirds? I don't have any need for more than 10 slots, but it's baffling and frustrating that auto-advance works fine with one of my LTs but not with any of the others. I'm not an HTML expert either, but maybe I should look at it and try to find differences between the first LT and the others. All I know for sure is that auto-advance is turned on for all four of my LTs. With the first one, it advances to the next memory slot automatically when the previous one deactivates. With the other three it doesn't.

RolandW

Thanks, but I'm still not clear: are you using auto-advance? If so, does it work with more than one of your lower thirds? I don't have any need for more than 10 slots, but it's baffling and frustrating that auto-advance works fine with one of my LTs but not with any of the others. I'm not an HTML expert either, but maybe I should look at it and try to find differences between the first LT and the others. All I know for sure is that auto-advance is turned on for all four of my LTs. With the first one, it advances to the next memory slot automatically when the previous one deactivates. With the other three it doesn't.
I think I fixed it. This code was present for Switch 1, at line 1707:

if (alt_1_turnoff && alt_1_autoload && alt_1_jumpnext) {
alt_1_jumpnext = false;
jumpNextSlot("#alt-1-memory-slots", "#alt-1-name", "#alt-1-info", "#alt-1-logo-preview", alt_1_waiting_time);

But it was not present for switches 2 through 4. I copied it and pasted it in the appropriate place in Switch 2, and then changed every numeral 1 to 2. Now LT2 auto-advances just as LT1 does.
If you want all of your LTs – not just LT1 – to be capable of auto-advancing to the next memory slot, looks like this will make it work.

jgray821

I'd love to get this working but so far I'm having no luck with getting any image to display. I've added jpg and png images into the logo folder. I can load them into the control panel. Unfortunately when the lower third pops up it either shows no image or the default "your logo here" image. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

jwharper2

I'd love to get this working but so far I'm having no luck with getting any image to display. I've added jpg and png images into the logo folder. I can load them into the control panel. Unfortunately when the lower third pops up it either shows no image or the default "your logo here" image. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!
You have to make sure they are in the logo folder inside the Lower Thirds folder. If you are doing that then I don't know.

czajkaej

OBS 27.2.4, Latest version of Lower Thirds. This is how it is showing up on Control Panel, what am I missing?

Windows 10 system
Latest Java installed (Don't think its needed), Edge is Default Browser
Lower Thirds.PNG

czajkaej

Disregard. I copied just the one folder per an old install video. Once I copied the entire zip file contents, it started working correctly.

phil2570

OBS 27.2.4, Latest version of Lower Thirds. This is how it is showing up on Control Panel, what am I missing?

Windows 10 system
Latest Java installed (Don't think its needed), Edge is Default Browser
View attachment 85752

this what help me and it works

djsedulous

On Mac OS it works. But for that needs to make some small server on your computer.
For example, it can be some NodeJS server. Then possible to use localhost:3000 for access to control-panel.html and browser-source.html.
Without a server, it doesn't work for security reasons because localStorage used in this logic makes for every domain. If to access the control-panel.html using a file system then we don't have a domain name and local storage will be created for some virtual environment. Of course, browser-source.html will use another localStorage from another environment.