Resource icon

Free Animated Lower Thirds with Dockable Control Panel v.1.6

SThompsonRAMM

In your screenshot you have only the first line filled in with "William." I think you might need to enter text in both lines for it to work. Also, it doesn't appear that you have put it in a memory slot (all of them are still black). The way this works is sort of bass-ackwards: you enter the text you want in the first and second lines, and then you click one of the memory slots to assign it to that slot. Think of it as clicking "Save." Could you also expand the time options at the bottom of the LT before taking the screenshot? There is a padlock icon there that needs to be in the unlocked state for things to work right, at least in my setup.
Thank you so much!!!
I have been working on this all day long, watching a dozen YouTube videos and going through the forums. I thought this was a 28.0.1 new version problem but it was the fact I didn't fill in all the text boxes and put them into memory.
Sheesh, now I can die happily.

JackFoley

Lower Thirds are not working on OBS 28 to me. Basically to let them show up I have to unselect them, and the finished LT appears on screen with no in-out animation whatsoever though. Anyone else has this issue?

Saxostevesaxo

Hi, is there any way to link this to a text file, so for instance it says Latest Follower then the name of the follower from a txt file? thanks

riccardo74

Just downloaded with OBS 28.0.2, it works perfectly and very useful and mus-have plug-in. Do you know if you could modify the width of the background color? Now it's linked to the lenght of the text, but if I want to make it width all my screen resolution, suppose 1080p or less? is it possible? Is there any documentation to read?

Thanks so much in advance,
Ric

FOPT_Membrillo

Hello i have a problem and is that when i put some images as logos they just do not work

1665672645981.png

1665672664632.png

The 1st image just works fine and the 2nd the image doesn´t appear and is same kind of PNG file, just everything fine, do you know why this happen, is very bad because is so random...

Thanks in advance.

FPSt

Hi NoeAL,
first your idea with the control panel is very good and helpful.
But there is one bugs I have to notice:
  • The Export function does´nt includes the data from every memory slot. Only the last one used is
    included. (Where are these memory slots stored?)
The practical usage for us is that every time we stream our service the names shown in the lower thirds must be typed in
in the control panel. I would be nice to have a simple file which is read at startup or with a hot-key action. So we can prepare
a file with the text lines and some additional color information.

fonacier

I have just installed OBS 28.0.3 on my new laptop Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen2 and installed Animated Lower Thirds with Dockable Control Panel v.1.6. But after downloading it, when I try to open the Lower Thirds Control Panel, this is what I got. Does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• 10-22-2022 1-20-02 AM.png
    10-22-2022 1-20-02 AM.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 130

rodrigolobos

That plugin, lower thirds, hasn't been updated to OBS v28, it only works with OBS v27.x
Its author https://obsproject.com/forum/members/noeal.268657/ has gone missing and it is very unlikely it will be updated to the new OBS v28 anytime soon.
Check the status of plugins with the latest OBS here

Rediflow

I have just installed OBS 28.0.3 on my new laptop Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen2 and installed Animated Lower Thirds with Dockable Control Panel v.1.6. But after downloading it, when I try to open the Lower Thirds Control Panel, this is what I got. Does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks a lot.
The HTML is not meant for your browser. Go to OBS Top Menu → Docks → User defined Browser Docks (or something similar - I am not using the English version, so I have to guess what they are called :-) )
In there, you give your dock a name , e.g. "Animated lower 3rd" and under URL, type the exact link to the file. In my case it is "C:\Program Files\obs-studio\Animated-Lower-Thirds\lower thirds\control-panel.html". From that on, you will have the lower deck control panel available in your OBS and can activate / deactivate it under the "Docs" tab in the upper menu

You can also check Youtube. There are tons of Videos that explain how to use this Addon.
I got my first introduction by Michael Feyrer Jr. and Scott Fichter

Rediflow

That plugin, lower thirds, hasn't been updated to OBS v28, it only works with OBS v27.x
Its author https://obsproject.com/forum/members/noeal.268657/ has gone missing and it is very unlikely it will be updated to the new OBS v28 anytime soon.
Check the status of plugins with the latest OBS here
I am using it under 28.0.3 and it is working fine

slords

The plugin seems to work fine with v28 but the hotkey script always crashes OBS. I can enable the script but when I try and go to hotkeys OBS just crashes. I'd really like to use this plugin but I need hotkey support working.

Michaels429

Hi,
I am using OBS 28.0.3 in Studio Mode and v.1.6 of this control. I am able to get it to work and it works well. However, when I turn on the Lower Third 1 (for example), it displays on both the Preview and Program windows. Is it possible to display it in the Preview window only? If so, would you please tell me how to do it?
Thanks,
Mike

Tormy

OBS 21.1.2 the plugin doesn't work ... I mean it shows up but not any lower third is into the preview or the Program monitor at all ...

To be able to make it work, just uncheck the Local File checkbox and be sure file:/// appears before the local driver.
1671030207978.png

Last edited:

afumc

Does anyone have the issue, if you change the style option of the lower third, the logo option disappears completely and doesn't return, without resetting the config. I can replicate the issue every time, even with no config in there, i change the style and poof, logos disappear. Thoughts?

Spacetoonz

Haven't been able to find anyone else with my same lower thirds issue. Everything seems to be working fine typing in standard text but when trying in numbers, it automatically resets. It's as if not allowed to use numbers only letters. Can anyone help? Thanking you in advance.

Haven't been able to find anyone else with my same lower thirds issue. Everything seems to be working fine typing in standard text but when trying in numbers, it automatically resets. It's as if not allowed to use numbers only letters. Can anyone help? Thanking you in advance.
Ok. I might not have a clue as to what you're talking about, but I want to help. Whenever I can't see something in OBS I find the resource in the list and resize it and it typically appears. I would even try to change the font size of the numbers. However, you used the words, "resets itself", so it sounds like I'm way off. Good luck!

Does anyone have the issue, if you change the style option of the lower third, the logo option disappears completely and doesn't return, without resetting the config. I can replicate the issue every time, even with no config in there, i change the style and poof, logos disappear. Thoughts?
Resizing may help, please look at what I typed below for spacetoonz. Good luck!