Resource icon

Free Animated Lower Thirds with Dockable Control Panel v.1.6

Joaquim

Hello. Has anyone found a solution regarding the issue when importing the backup file, because it doesn't recognized special caracters used in portuguese, like " ç ^ é ó... ". Is there anyway to solve this?

ttroup1

Hello - great tool!!! I am running OBS in Admin mode. When I press the hotkeys, it works great. When I put the hotkeys into Stream Deck, the Stream Deck hoteky works also. but ONLY when the stream deck software is selected. If i'm on the OBS window (stream deck software not in focus) when I'm teaching and press the stream deck hot key, nothing happens. The hot key from my keyboard still works. Any thoughts? Thanks!!

rmanaka

Hello, great tool! I'm new to both OBS and this plug-in but I think that there is an error in the Import, Export functionality in System.
I create a backup where I use three memory slots in LT1 and no memory slots in LT2. I export the configuration and save as backup.txt.

When I import the backup.txt file, the old LT1 Memory slot 2 (M2) Name is restored to LT2 MS1, LT1 M2 Info is restored to LT2 MS1 Info, LT2 Info is restored to LT3 MS1 and the old LT2 Name restored to LT3 MS1.

The old LT1 MS1 Info is restored to LT2 Info.

The logos are not restored correctly, in fact LT1 MS2 is not saved and MS3 is not saved.

I've tried to edit the backup.txt file but it seems to be more difficult than at first glance because the parameters are not exported in any sorted order that I can determine.

I'll try replacing the delimiters with a NL, sorting the file, making changes and then changing the delimiter back to a comma and see what happens!

Oh, and deleting a memory slot is inconsistent...I hold the mouse click on a memory slot until it turns red but upon release most of the time nothing happens.

Other than my import/export issue, FANTASTIC work... Thank you!

rmanaka

OK, I edited my backup.txt and then imported and the Import function restores correctly (or at least as expected). The issue then is an incorrect Export routine.

Thanks!

Joaquim

OK, I edited my backup.txt and then imported and the Import function restores correctly (or at least as expected). The issue then is an incorrect Export routine.

Thanks!
How do you deal with special characters like: ç, ^, ~ and so on?

rmanaka

Hello, great tool! I'm new to both OBS and this plug-in but I think that there is an error in the Import, Export functionality in System.
I create a backup where I use three memory slots in LT1 and no memory slots in LT2. I export the configuration and save as backup.txt.

When I import the backup.txt file, the old LT1 Memory slot 2 (M2) Name is restored to LT2 MS1, LT1 M2 Info is restored to LT2 MS1 Info, LT2 Info is restored to LT3 MS1 and the old LT2 Name restored to LT3 MS1.

The old LT1 MS1 Info is restored to LT2 Info.

The logos are not restored correctly, in fact LT1 MS2 is not saved and MS3 is not saved.

I've tried to edit the backup.txt file but it seems to be more difficult than at first glance because the parameters are not exported in any sorted order that I can determine.

I'll try replacing the delimiters with a NL, sorting the file, making changes and then changing the delimiter back to a comma and see what happens!

Oh, and deleting a memory slot is inconsistent...I hold the mouse click on a memory slot until it turns red but upon release most of the time nothing happens.

Other than my import/export issue, FANTASTIC work... Thank you!
How do you deal with special characters like: ç, ^, ~ and so on?
For me the carat/circumflex ^ maps on import but the cedilla Ç and the tilde ~ will not import. I believe the author will have to allow specifically encoded text files on import to import these characters (or tell us which encoding for text files to use)?

It may also depend on the character mapping of a specific font?

STEPHANVS

Depending on the style, be able to support multiple lines could break up the designs. I think the best would be to have multi-line styles.
Anyway if you search here in the forum you will see that I have already shared how to modify the CSS to enable it.
I hope to add a useful solution for everyone in future updates.

Managed to enable it, will be testing it live tomorrow. What I noticed is, LTs with vertical animations will break if line-height is altered. I currently enabled it only on LT4, the rest is used as is.

Also CORS is driving me CRAZY. Using external source to update the LT lines, and if the files are added from disk, it won't ajax to the external tool. As a workaround I am hosting the files on the projection software's internal web server, at least this way it works like a charm!

Awesome tool!

NoeAL

Thanks!
Hi. What a really strange issue. I have not been able to recreate that behavior. I'm sorry you're having problems with the tool.
Does this happen to someone else?

NoeAL

Hello. Has anyone found a solution regarding the issue when importing the backup file, because it doesn't recognized special caracters used in portuguese, like " ç ^ é ó... ". Is there anyway to solve this?
Hi! Have you tried changing the encoding when saving the txt file? I use UTF-8 and I have no problems with those characters.

utf-8.jpg

I hope that solves the problem.

NoeAL

Fernbank

Is there a way to have two lower thirds load up and play at the same time, just in different areas of the screen that i can manually position.
for instance, if i have two speakers on screen split into to capture sources in video frames. I'd like the lower third titles to display for each person separately, scaled and positioned independently. thanks in advance for help!

rmanaka

Is there a way to save settings such as which set of lower thirds is active and the main setting switch when switching from one scene collection to another?

As there are only hotkey toggles, I'm having difficulty consistently applying the right setting for different scene collections.

It might be there but I can't seem to make it work consistently.

rmanaka

Hi. What a really strange issue. I have not been able to recreate that behavior. I'm sorry you're having problems with the tool.
Does this happen to someone else?
I moved "Animated Lower Thirds" outside of my C:\Program Files\obs-studio\ folder and the Import / Export routines seem to work correctly. Strange, but I know that I had to modify permissions when on my system drive so who knows!
Thanks for testing and replying!
OH, and also thanks for the UTF-8 encoding reply...I switched to UTF-8 with BOM encoding when I save files in my editor (UE-Studio).

Dex Vinyl

Hi @NoeAL thank you for a great tool, I was wondering if it was possible to be able to make the lower thirds read content from text or html files for content?

I'd like to set up 3 designs of lower third, with dynamic content which my website produces and exports to whichever file format is needed (already done this - currently HTML but no problem to change to TXT) but I wouldnt know how to link them to the tool for display, can you help?

jgcastror

I have been using this great tool in Windows 10 for months with no issues, I'm in the process to switch to Linux but something that prevents me to do it now is that I have not been able to set up all apps and tools in Linux same as I have done in Windows.

Lower thirds is some of my essentials for OBS and I'm experiencing an issue in Linux mint 20.10 , I was able to run the lower thirds but I was not able to import settings, when I try nothing happens z by clicking the button to import settings the window for the explorer to look for the.txt file never appears, same issue when trying to use custom logo for a given slot, I tried several times but the window for the file explorer to select the default logo is not showing,b¿Any idea how to solve this?

By the way, I downloaded OBS studio from snap store.