Resource icon

Free Animated Lower Thirds with Dockable Control Panel v.1.6

ivanniko

It's working on Mac High Sierra on OBS V27 RC2!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 10.20.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 10.20.32 PM.png
    469.7 KB · Views: 969

NoeAL

Hi @NoeAL thank you for a great tool, I was wondering if it was possible to be able to make the lower thirds read content from text or html files for content?

I'd like to set up 3 designs of lower third, with dynamic content which my website produces and exports to whichever file format is needed (already done this - currently HTML but no problem to change to TXT) but I wouldnt know how to link them to the tool for display, can you help?
Hi! At the moment the tool is not able to read txt files. It's one of the features I'd love to have available in the next update.

NoeAL

I have been using this great tool in Windows 10 for months with no issues, I'm in the process to switch to Linux but something that prevents me to do it now is that I have not been able to set up all apps and tools in Linux same as I have done in Windows.

Lower thirds is some of my essentials for OBS and I'm experiencing an issue in Linux mint 20.10 , I was able to run the lower thirds but I was not able to import settings, when I try nothing happens z by clicking the button to import settings the window for the explorer to look for the.txt file never appears, same issue when trying to use custom logo for a given slot, I tried several times but the window for the file explorer to select the default logo is not showing,b¿Any idea how to solve this?

By the way, I downloaded OBS studio from snap store.
Hi @jgcastror. I have been notified that some dialogs do not work on Linux. Apparently, the OBS Browser of the Linux version is not entirely compatible. In that case, I will have to find an alternative for future updates.

Dex Vinyl

Hi! At the moment the tool is not able to read txt files. It's one of the features I'd love to have available in the next update.
That would be brilliant to add, I'd also love to see the ability to provide a "website link" to an image for the logo, then that can also be truly dynamic.

The purpose I have in mind for this is to be able to do classic VH1 or MTV lower thirds, having Album Art, Artist Art etc display with the relevant information (provided through the TXT / HTML files that my website already produces (it also creates a file for with the website link for each artwork)

Homer911

The image option completely disappeared from one of the four lower-third options on my installation - I presume reinstalling will fix it? Letting you know in case there is any issue with the code...

chrisjbarth

Yesterday my Lower Thirds completely stopped working. OBS x64 v26.1.1. I completely uninstalled it, removing all user options, and reinstalled it, and re-setup Lower Thirds and nothing works. Even running OBS as admin doesn't help. Thoughts?

NoeAL

Yesterday my Lower Thirds completely stopped working. OBS x64 v26.1.1. I completely uninstalled it, removing all user options, and reinstalled it, and re-setup Lower Thirds and nothing works. Even running OBS as admin doesn't help. Thoughts?
Hi! Check if you have "Enable Browser Source Hardware Acceleration" enabled (File>Settings>Advanced>Sources section). if it's already enabled, try disabling it.

drinkwithrick

I love this tool.
I would like to have multiple "Output-Configs" for multiple Scenes. One Scene to two moderators, each one with his/her own lower third (left/right corner)
Second scene is moderator one with his/her lower third, third scene is moderator two with his/her lower third. All without manual enabeling the lower thirds just switching the scenes.
Yeah, this ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑
I can do without all the fancy bells and whistles. I just want a Lower Thirds plug-in that does two things:
1. To be able to stretch across the entire screen with the safe area like a normal LT on the news or documentary
2. To be able to have different independent LTs in each scene without having to manually turn one off and another one on simultaneously while switching scenes (which is almost impossible while live streaming and kind of ridiculous).

Sellies

Hi @jgcastror. I have been notified that some dialogs do not work on Linux. Apparently, the OBS Browser of the Linux version is not entirely compatible. In that case, I will have to find an alternative for future updates.
Howdy, firstly, what a brilliant plugin. Thanks so much for your hard work on this. I built form source the OBS 27 RC. Is this an issue with OBS' implementation of browser docks, or the plugin itself? When I open the control-panel.html in a browser, it all works just fine.

We use Elementary OS as our Daily driver and would love to start implementing your plugin for our use.

iisGavin

So I setup my lower thirds and everything goes smoothly until I close and reopen OBS for my next stream. The slots don't save so I have to retype everything all over again. Is there any way to fix this?

drinkwithrick

I really want to love this app. I really do. And a lot of work was put into making this what is obviously a fantastic plug-in.
What I really don't understand is why it is designed to display as a block on only half the screen or less. I come from a background in broadcasting and the traditional LT runs across the screen almost from edge to edge. Sure the length and width will vary, and I have seen some that are considerably shorter. But when someone says "Lower Third", the first image that comes to my mind is something along the lines of this:

or this:

or this:

not the squatty, boxy thing I get with this. If it was at least adjustable to get the size and width I want, that would be great. But they're baiscally just one size, off to the side, and they all look the same. Like boxes. Is there a way to make this happen?

Hey buddy!
First of all what an amazing plugin, thank you!
I just have one problem: when I change things in the plugin, close OBS and re-open, the changes are gone. I'm not sure exactly why it reverts to this particular state as I can't remember doing anything special with the particular setup, text and Logos that it now always starts with. I'm sure there s a way to get it to open to "last state", I just can't figure it out. Thanky in advance:-)

AZman

I've set this up multiple time but can't get the hotkeys to work.
This is what gets logged.

[lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua] Failed to call hotkey_pressed for hotkey_pressed: ...mated-Lower-Thirds/lower thirds/lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua:436: C:/Program Files/obs-studio/Animated-Lower-Thirds/lower thirds/../common/js/hotkeys.js: Permission denied

Can you please tell me if I have done something wrong of if there is something I need to do to gain the permission?

Thanks

chrisjbarth

Hi! Check if you have "Enable Browser Source Hardware Acceleration" enabled (File>Settings>Advanced>Sources section). if it's already enabled, try disabling it.

Sadly, that didn't help. It was enabled; I unchecked it, restarted OBS, and I still see the same behavior.

NoeAL

Howdy, firstly, what a brilliant plugin. Thanks so much for your hard work on this. I built form source the OBS 27 RC. Is this an issue with OBS' implementation of browser docks, or the plugin itself? When I open the control-panel.html in a browser, it all works just fine.

We use Elementary OS as our Daily driver and would love to start implementing your plugin for our use.
Hi @Sellies, I really don't know yet. But if it works in your browser it would mean that the OBS browser has some restriction or incompatibility in Linux version. I hope to solve it in the future.

NoeAL

I've set this up multiple time but can't get the hotkeys to work.
This is what gets logged.

[lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua] Failed to call hotkey_pressed for hotkey_pressed: ...mated-Lower-Thirds/lower thirds/lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua:436: C:/Program Files/obs-studio/Animated-Lower-Thirds/lower thirds/../common/js/hotkeys.js: Permission denied

Can you please tell me if I have done something wrong of if there is something I need to do to gain the permission?

Thanks
Hi, please see if anyone has already written about the same problem before asking for help.
This time I will copy the answer ;)

Hi! Thanks for your words.
The error says that it doesn't have permission to access a file from the tool. For security reasons, Windows may not give permission to write files inside the C:/Program Files/... folder. If this is your case, copy the tool's files (all of them) to another folder outside of "Program Files" and your problem may well be solved.

Hope it helps you!

NoeAL

So I setup my lower thirds and everything goes smoothly until I close and reopen OBS for my next stream. The slots don't save so I have to retype everything all over again. Is there any way to fix this?
Hey buddy!
First of all what an amazing plugin, thank you!
I just have one problem: when I change things in the plugin, close OBS and re-open, the changes are gone. I'm not sure exactly why it reverts to this particular state as I can't remember doing anything special with the particular setup, text and Logos that it now always starts with. I'm sure there s a way to get it to open to "last state", I just can't figure it out. Thanky in advance:-)
Sadly, that didn't help. It was enabled; I unchecked it, restarted OBS, and I still see the same behavior.
Hi guys, have you tried unzipping the tool in another location? Many have problems copying files into the Program Files folder.
Hope it's just a permission issue!

iisGavin

Hi guys, have you tried unzipping the tool in another location? Many have problems copying files into the Program Files folder.
Hope it's just a permission issue!

Moved the folder from my downloads into the root of my A drive, didn't work. Then moved it into my documents folder and same issue.

Videobuff

I really want to love this app. I really do. And a lot of work was put into making this what is obviously a fantastic plug-in.
What I really don't understand is why it is designed to display as a block on only half the screen or less. I come from a background in broadcasting and the traditional LT runs across the screen almost from edge to edge. Sure the length and width will vary, and I have seen some that are considerably shorter. But when someone says "Lower Third", the first image that comes to my mind is something along the lines of this:

or this:

or this:

not the squatty, boxy thing I get with this. If it was at least adjustable to get the size and width I want, that would be great. But they're baiscally just one size, off to the side, and they all look the same. Like boxes. Is there a way to make this happen?
I believe you can get what you are looking for by using the Show and Hide Transition filters applied to sources in V27. Just apply them to the lower 3rd makeup of your choice, you can even apply Stingers if you want to, and hey presto.....highly customizable Lower 3rd's (and many other things for that matter as well!)..... and all without the need for any plugins!!! You don't even need to use the Lower Third Dock.

drinkwithrick

I believe you can get what you are looking for by using the Show and Hide Transition filters applied to sources in V27. Just apply them to the lower 3rd makeup of your choice, you can even apply Stingers if you want to, and hey presto.....highly customizable Lower 3rd's (and many other things for that matter as well!)..... and all without the need for any plugins!!! You don't even need to use the Lower Third Dock.
That sounds promising. I'm looking forward to it!