Resource icon

Free Animated Lower Thirds with Dockable Control Panel v.1.6

3dcandy

I love this - but for me I need more than 4 lower third slots (not memory slots) because I livestream from multiple artists. Currently it's 6 so I'd need 6 at least, 10 would be better

NoeAL

@NoeAL I got this program mostly figured out now, I love it.
Could you add 1 feature to custom time settings?
I'll explain.
I would like to run 4 different lower thirds, a minute apart in a loop. But with different background and text colors. So I was unable to do that in lower third 1's timer slots alone. what I did was, I use all 4 lower thirds, assigning the respective timer slot, but they all launch at once, so everyday, I turn off Lower3rd's 2 - 4 and when the one above reaches 60 seconds I turn the next one on and so on. I have them all set to 256 seconds inactive, this gets the desired effect.
If you could add a time to initiate to each lower third, it would be automated then. I could set it to Start 1st at 0, 2nd at 60, 3rd at 120, 4th at 180 seconds.Much appreciation for your hard work, and ingeniousness.
I came here looking specifically for this solution.

I'm interested in looping 4 different lower thirds for my stream. Like a different lower third appearing every 300 seconds, but it does not seem possible because you cannot set different starting times. Unless you do it manually.
Hi! At the moment, it's no possible to do it. But it's a very interesting behavior.
I will think of ways to automate the tool even more.

Kevin1975

Can anyone help me?
On the Lower Third 4 in Style:1 I cannot change the colour of the border from black. I have managed this in Lower Third 1, but weirdly not in 4.

Does anyone else have this issue?

I would rather not have to reinstall and start from scratch.

Secondly, has anyone been able to set up more than 4 lower thirds? As I would like some set up for work and some for personal...

Apart from that, I think this is a fantastic plugin for OBS, and certainly adds a bit of jazz :-)

NoeAL

Can anyone help me?
On the Lower Third 4 in Style:1 I cannot change the colour of the border from black. I have managed this in Lower Third 1, but weirdly not in 4.

Does anyone else have this issue?

I would rather not have to reinstall and start from scratch.

Secondly, has anyone been able to set up more than 4 lower thirds? As I would like some set up for work and some for personal...

Apart from that, I think this is a fantastic plugin for OBS, and certainly adds a bit of jazz :-)
Hi! There's an error in the code and the border colors of the LT3 are also assigned to the LT4. It will be fixed in the next update.
Temporarily, to fix it you can open the browser-source.html file with a text editor and change the following two lines (871-872):

root.style.setProperty('--alt-4-style-color-3', alt_3_style_color_3);
root.style.setProperty('--alt-4-style-color-4', alt_3_style_color_4);

to this:

root.style.setProperty('--alt-4-style-color-3', alt_4_style_color_3);
root.style.setProperty('--alt-4-style-color-4', alt_4_style_color_4);

Regarding the amount of LTs, remember that you can make a backup by exporting all your data. So you could have a configuration for work and another for personal.
The control panel only limits that 4 LTs can be seen at the same time and with 4 different settings. But you can have up to 10 with the same look on each one.

I hope I've helped you.

Music Nomad

Can somebody help?
No Lower Thirds show up at all on my OBS screen, just the red rectangle after adding them on the Source window.

Even thought I unblocked all the files needed and double checked, I still get the Script Log Window saying: [lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua] Failed to call hotkey_pressed for hotkey_pressed: ...mated-Lower-Thirds/lower thirds/lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua:436: C:/Program Files/obs-studio/Animated-Lower-Thirds/lower thirds/../common/js/hotkeys.js: Permission denied. I checked if the file lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua is unblocked and no unblock option appears which I assumed it's good. Also when I add the browser on the Source window, the Blue OBS Square stating "You've added another source doesn't show up and get blank screen. I would really appreciate your help. Been trying to make this plug in work properly for days, no luck. Desperate Teacher.
Show less

Music Nomad

Can somebody help?
No Lower Thirds show up on my OBS screen, just the red rectangle after adding them on the Source window.
Even though I unblocked all the files needed and double checked, I still have the Script Window Log showing: [lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua] Error calling script_load: ...mated-Lower-Thirds/lower thirds/lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua:436: C:/Program Files/obs-studio/Animated-Lower-Thirds/lower thirds/../common/js/hotkeys.js: Permission denied. Also when I add the browser source, the Blue OBS Square stating "You've added another source doesn't show up and get blank screen. I would really appreciate your help. Been trying to make this plug in work properly for days. Desperate Teacher.

justedit

Hi ! Would it be possible to get all the text content for each slot from a local TXT file, dynamically ? (Like the Text GDI read from file function)

Example "name.txt"
01;Name1;Function1; (for slot 1)
02;Name2;Function2; (for slot 2)
etc.

We could prepare all the names before the event. Another idea would be to use your plugin to display some audience selected questions during the live. Someone could edit the TXT file during the live with questions from the audience (from a Zoom chat, youtube, etc.)

Example : "questions.txt"
01;Noar;"Here is my question for you";
etc.
1613125947600.png

Your plugin will check every X seconds if any changes. and load all the slots edited. Then, one click in OBS and we could display a the question with many of your customizations !
Would be great no ?
Thanks !
Noar

1613125808645.png

3dcandy

Can somebody help?
No Lower Thirds show up on my OBS screen, just the red rectangle after adding them on the Source window.
Even though I unblocked all the files needed and double checked, I still have the Script Window Log showing: [lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua] Error calling script_load: ...mated-Lower-Thirds/lower thirds/lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua:436: C:/Program Files/obs-studio/Animated-Lower-Thirds/lower thirds/../common/js/hotkeys.js: Permission denied. Also when I add the browser source, the Blue OBS Square stating "You've added another source doesn't show up and get blank screen. I would really appreciate your help. Been trying to make this plug in work properly for days. Desperate Teacher.
try this

Kate_01

NoeAL

Hi ! Would it be possible to get all the text content for each slot from a local TXT file, dynamically ? (Like the Text GDI read from file function)

Example "name.txt"
01;Name1;Function1; (for slot 1)
02;Name2;Function2; (for slot 2)
etc.

We could prepare all the names before the event. Another idea would be to use your plugin to display some audience selected questions during the live. Someone could edit the TXT file during the live with questions from the audience (from a Zoom chat, youtube, etc.)

Example : "questions.txt"
01;Noar;"Here is my question for you";
etc.
View attachment 67376

Your plugin will check every X seconds if any changes. and load all the slots edited. Then, one click in OBS and we could display a the question with many of your customizations !
Would be great no ?
Thanks !
Noar

View attachment 67375
Hi! It would be great. I want to add the feature of reading a local TXT file.
But first have to figure out how to do it without increasing the CPU performance, which is really important when it comes to constantly check the content of a file.

On the other hand, what you propose is to load the data in the memory slots. An alternative would be to directly load the data in the name and info fields and skip the step of choosing which data we want to show.

But of course, it would be a great feature that I want to add in the most flexible way.

Thank you for your support!

Hello, Download A-LT yesterday (15 Feb 2021) and love it. Thanks for producing. Its all working except when I try to trigger automatically with a hotkey. I get the error :

[lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua] Failed to call hotkey_pressed for hotkey_pressed: ...mated-Lower-Thirds/lower thirds/lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua:436: C:/Program Files/obs-studio/Animated-Lower-Thirds/lower thirds/../common/js/hotkeys.js: Permission denied

I do not have Admin rights on my Windows 10 directory "Program Files" becuase this is a work computer. Any ideas of a workaround? (PS , Hotkeys work for my other OBS tasks....)

Thanks!

Hello, Download A-LT yesterday (15 Feb 2021) and love it. Thanks for producing. Its all working except when I try to trigger automatically with a hotkey. I get the error :

[lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua] Failed to call hotkey_pressed for hotkey_pressed: ...mated-Lower-Thirds/lower thirds/lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua:436: C:/Program Files/obs-studio/Animated-Lower-Thirds/lower thirds/../common/js/hotkeys.js: Permission denied

I do not have Admin rights on my Windows 10 directory "Program Files" becuase this is a work computer. Any ideas of a workaround? (PS , Hotkeys work for my other OBS tasks....)

Thanks!
Dear all, ignore this questions -- I asked my IT department to give me permissions to the folder and everything works brilliantly now :-) :-)

carlosmur

Sería muy interesante que no fuera obligatorio poner las dos líneas si o si, poder poner por ejemplo una única linea que indique "DIRECTO", si solo se pone una linea no aparece, ¿podrían dar esta opción?

jfel789

Hello, I have tried everything and nothing works.
I have windows. I see in my browser the panel and the browser, and it works on my browser.
when I use the panel in OBS (after adding a browser as source) nothing happens. I have also put text on both lines and it turns blue, but nothing happens.

Please Help!!!
Captura4.JPG

Captura3.JPG
Captura1.JPG
Captura5.JPG