Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaymar

How exactly do i use this? I need it because my CPU is trash so i'm encoding with my RX 480.

It's the Hardware (AMD) option in simple output mode and the H264/AVC Encoder (AMD Advanced Media Framework) option in advanced output mode. Both will give you an easy to use clean slate to work off of.

Xaymar

This @Xaymar: https://gyazo.com/ba351187f9a13d6e0794ae6cff0bf5d0
I was having issues with a grainy / pixelated stream so i had to up my bitrate to 4,500 i'm trying to stream in 720P 30FPS using a RX 480, not sure if it's the bitrate or the plugin is outdated, how can i check the version of the plugin or if it's even enabled i'm confused.

Plugin version is logged to the OBS log, should be easily found if you search for AMF or AMD. Pixelation usually happens from low bitrate or too aggressive downscaling with the wrong scaling filter. From your image it seems that you are Rescaling in the streaming tab instead of the Video options. Rescaling in encoder options seems to be point-sampled (nearest neighbour) for unknown reasons, so I'd recommend scaling in the Video settings (if you even need to downscale at all).

shankly1985

Hello I just got a new VEGA GPU I dont see HEVC option within OBS. I tried reinstalling plugin.

Edit
Found it under recording, does this option not work for Streaming?

Thanks

Videophile

Elgato
Thanks never knew this. Hope Youtube/Twitch support this soon.
YouTube supports google's version of HEVC, VP9. So you could record using HEVC, then using something like handbrake, convert to VP9 and then upload to YouTube.

Streaming to YouTube does not support VP9 afaik.

Rafael David

Hello, guys, looking for plugins to improve my broadcasts, I got to this plugin, but I noticed that it does not support my VGA (HD 6870, a bit older). I would like to know if there is any other similar plugin that supports my video card.
Thank you.

Videophile

Elgato
Hello, guys, looking for plugins to improve my broadcasts, I got to this plugin, but I noticed that it does not support my VGA (HD 6870, a bit older). I would like to know if there is any other similar plugin that supports my video card.
Thank you.
No, your card is too old.

kjhbond

obs.png
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/59190f944ae0722286a411d7f8771e06

AMF did not work after OBS update.
Because of this, I can not broadcast.

GabrielZ07

Stream/Recording doesn't work on the lastest 17.10 Fall Update October 16 drivers. It gives the following error
---------------------------
Failed to start streaming
Starting the output failed. Please check the log for details.

Note: If you are using the NVENC or AMD encoders, make sure your video drivers are up to date.
OK

And the error in the log is the following

16:19:26.721: [AMF] [H264]<Id: 11> <Plugin::AMD::EncoderH264::GetCommonLowLatencyInternal> Failed to retrieve value, error AMF_INVALID_ARG (code 4)

casillias

Yup Beta-Fall-Update-Oct16 does't work with AMF.. any terms when it will be fixed? Cause personally for me this beta driver work much better of not beta)

Xaymar

Xaymar updated AMD Advanced Media Framework Encoder Plugin for OBS Studio with a new update entry:

2.2.4 - Pre-Pass, VBAQ and more fixes! (Hotfix 4)

With the newly released Driver 17.7.2, AMD fixed many reported issues and added some much wanted features:

• Pre-Pass and VBAQ are finally working,
  • H265/HEVC content can distinguish between IDR- and I- Frames
  • and also supports Color Range and Color Space now,
  • and the 32-bit only text log crash was fixed.
And now it's time for the plugin to also be updated! This release primarily aims at adding support for AMF 1.4.4 and improving support for older drivers, with some...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.