Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaymar

I have same CBR issue with A10-7850k and 16.9.2 drivers.

I noticed that when I start streaming with image and audio (intro), bitrate is 500-700kbps, but after scene change to gameplay it ups to 4000+.

If I start streaming only on gameplay, my selected bitrate is holding on selected 2500. Not sure if it helps or not.

If you truly have the same CBR bug, follow the steps in the FAQ: https://github.com/Xaymar/obs-studi...estions#q-the-encoder-is-ignoring-my-settings

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_Engine_Features

I'm not exactly sure what the Source engine would be using GPU encoding and decoding for.

L4D and L4D2 uses it for the menu movies, not sure about other source games. I never had any issues with recording Source game on my end, but I've only tried HL2: Lost Coast, CS:GO and Dota 2 here.

Suslik V

Like I said, I only have issues in Source based games where the game itself would stutter pretty heavily and I would be dropping frames really bad in OBS.
Also, make sure that you have limited framerate rendering in the game and not running it at 300+fps.

Xaymar

Xaymar updated AMD Advanced Media Framework Encoder Plugin for OBS Studio with a new update entry:

1.4.1.5 - User Experience Update

This update changes the behaviour of presets so that they now disable interaction with properties that end up being overriden and limit the range of properties that are allowed to be changed. The reason for this is to reduce 'bug' reports in which the user just forgot to deselect the preset again.

The defaults and the presets have also been slightly modified. VBV Buffer Strictness now defaults to 0% and all presets no longer override VBV Buffer properties.

A few bugs have also been fixed....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Xaymar

Crap... guess I better go uninstall and go into safemode and a bunch of junk again.

No need if it was fixed once, then the uninstaller knows what to look for. It's a problem when it doesn't know what to look for - remaining files that somehow didn't get removed.

ELIMIN883R

Gentlemen It seems I need your assistance.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Tony, I am not a gamer per se. I play only 2 games, theHunter and Fishing Planet. I am no longer able to get out and do either, so I do it on my pc. This brings me to my issue. I have been trying to live Stream my games using OBS Studio, and the resulting Stream is very low quality. I of course blamed my video cards, and went straight to AMD support. After a week of back and forth emails with various test, They suggested I contact you.

"Thank you for contacting AMD.

Looking at the information you have provided, it appears that your graphic cards and drivers are installed and working correctly. After watching your videos, we can see what you mentioned regarding the video quality being poor, This is not related to the performance of the graphics card, but instead is caused by the selected settings for color compression and video encoding in your streaming software. Configuring these settings exceeds our scope of support, however we recommend to approach the OBS support team to find out how to adjust these settings to increase the video quality. If you have any further questions or concerns please contact us

Best regards,

Marvin"

I have a complete CLEAN install, as of today, of the latest Crimson driver, OBS, Encoder plugin, Visual Studio 2015.

Thanks in advance for your help. Please let me know what additional information you require.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    112 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Suslik V

Probably, you demanding a lot of your Full HD @60 fps to 3500kbit/s streaming.

There is thread: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/comparison-of-x264-nvenc-quicksync-vce.57358/ where at page 3 (Comparison of x264, NVENC, Quicksync, VCE) you can find AMD encoded files just to compare your quality and what you able to get (but there is no 1920x1080@60 3500 kbit/s CBR). Also, read this post of the thread: Comparison of x264, NVENC, Quicksync, VCE there is screen, where minimum 7000 kbit/s recommended for 1920x1080@60 CBR.

ELIMIN883R

@Suslik V... Thank you for your reply. I scanned the links you provided, but didn't see anything about 7000 kbit/s, I will look again after some sleep. It is 2 AM here and I am very tired at the moment. I only used 3500 because that is default setting that pops up. My ISP is 50/10, so 7000 kbit/s can be done. I was just not sure I should change anything. I will try that tomorrow and see how it goes.

Wayzani

Hello everybody

I am french and i Will try To speak english.

First tanks for the amazing work.

I Want To know Xaymar if you can add preset for Facebook live?

In the second Time i have same issue like other because the encoder is ignoring my setting So the bitrate is going crazy!

I use obs studio and i have and encoder named deprecated ? what does it mean ?

So any help Will be Good.

THANKS!!!!

Xaymar

Gentlemen It seems I need your assistance.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Tony, I am not a gamer per se. I play only 2 games, theHunter and Fishing Planet. I am no longer able to get out and do either, so I do it on my pc. This brings me to my issue. I have been trying to live Stream my games using OBS Studio, and the resulting Stream is very low quality. I of course blamed my video cards, and went straight to AMD support. After a week of back and forth emails with various test, They suggested I contact you.

<AMD REPLY>

I have a complete CLEAN install, as of today, of the latest Crimson driver, OBS, Encoder plugin, Visual Studio 2015.

Thanks in advance for your help. Please let me know what additional information you require.
@Suslik V... Thank you for your reply. I scanned the links you provided, but didn't see anything about 7000 kbit/s, I will look again after some sleep. It is 2 AM here and I am very tired at the moment. I only used 3500 because that is default setting that pops up. My ISP is 50/10, so 7000 kbit/s can be done. I was just not sure I should change anything. I will try that tomorrow and see how it goes.

Do you have an example recording? 7mbit should be decent enough for 1920x1080x60, so I'm not sure what's happening for you.

Hello everybody

I am french and i Will try To speak english.

First tanks for the amazing work.

I Want To know Xaymar if you can add preset for Facebook live?

In the second Time i have same issue like other because the encoder is ignoring my setting So the bitrate is going crazy!

I use obs studio and i have and encoder named deprecated ? what does it mean ?

So any help Will be Good.

THANKS!!!!

The "[DEPRECATED]" entry is for compatibility for earlier versions. In 1.3.3.1 and before there were two encoders, now there is only one - in the future the "[DEPRECATED]" one will be removed. As for Facebook live, I don't know anything about it or how to use it.

If the encoder is ignoring settings, you either have a broken driver install or hit absolute compression limits. The first one can be fixed with this guide, the second one requires that you enable Frame Skipping in the Advanced View Mode.

ELIMIN883R

@Xaymar Thank you for your reply. I have made 2 short streams, one at 1080 and one at 720.

Youtube/balanced/7000/2.00/Basic/1920x1080 20% frame dropped. H264 Encoder. The frame drop seems to stop after Stream gets going. The problem is everything is blurred and out of focus.
https://gist.github.com/81b7a56a98ce03c960b2fb1f489b6cc4

https://youtu.be/qyeNcvCs-pY

Youtube/balanced/7000/2.00/basic/1280/720 20% frames dropped. H264 Encoder. The frame drop seems to stop after Stream gets going. The problem is everything is blurred and out of focus.
https://gist.github.com/05d3e2a64e6e8a7b6cb1054e41842571

https://youtu.be/j72JmcV_RJY

Xaymar

@Xaymar Thank you for your reply. I have made 2 short streams, one at 1080 and one at 720.

Code:
10:07:25.936: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 1239 (20.6%)

Both logs show that you are dropping frames due to not enough network bandwidth. Anyway, set View Mode to Advanced and set B-Pictures to 0. Might be a VCE2 exclusive bug or something.

ELIMIN883R

My apologies Gentlemen, I have no idea what was happening with the dropped frames. I have not been able to get frames to drop again, and have been up to 9000 at 1080/60. Things are still out of focus and blurred. Going to try some settings at 30 FPS and see If I can get some improvement in Quality. Setting B-Pictures to 0 seemed to make no difference. Any other suggestions will be much appreciated. I will be back with results, good or bad.

Suslik V

Try to make records with the same settings instead of streaming (to make sure that local recording has the same issue). And post a log from this attempt.

Pinky

I'm back! This time with a new issue :)

I can't record any more using the 'High Quality' preset. Debug log attached. I press the recording button but nothing seems to happen except a short entry in the logs:

14:29:16.343: [VCEEncoderTrace] Info: SetProperty TargetBitrate:0
14:29:16.343: [VCEEncoderTrace] Warning: SetProperty TargetBitrate failed in AMFPropertyStorageExImpl with return code:0x5

Attachments

• log.txt
    26.7 KB · Views: 24
Status
Not open for further replies.