Status
Not open for further replies.

PhobiaOS

Can you post a log? Start OBS, try to record, Help -> Log Files -> Upload Current Log and then post the link here.

However, from the post if you're trying to use the Media Foundation VCE encoder, which was deprecated in favor of the proper AMF plugin. Let's verify you're using the right one here.
1) Well I'm not using it to record, I was trying to use it to stream.

2) I can't post log, because nothing happens when I click "start"....nothing...nadda...zelch

3) I just changed the drop down menu from x264 to H264 (advanced media frame work).

Xaymar

1) Well I'm not using it to record, I was trying to use it to stream.

2) I can't post log, because nothing happens when I click "start"....nothing...nadda...zelch

3) I just changed the drop down menu from x264 to H264 (advanced media frame work).
2) That's exactly when you should post a log.

for some reason i was only able to get it to record at 43fps, not sure why, I'm pretty sure its because of a bad config i probably made lol, but i did notice a massive improvement in performance.

basically this is how i record:
I play highly intensive games pushing my system to its max most of the time, in game for games like ARK: Survival Evolved i get anywhere from 30-50 fps if its a highly built up place with tons of dinos at times it'l drop to 19 and then shoot straight back up, so i have OBS set to record at 60fps no matter what the fps is actually at in the game, recording at 60fps makes the video even if i lag a little the recording looks better.

i believe obs and my card was trying to record at the fps i was actually playing at rather than the set 60.

is there anyway to make sure that no matter what the games are being played at it will always record at 60fps?
having it record at a steady(stable) 60 means that when editing and encoding the audios do not go out of synch plus looks a lot sharper, i did also notice a colour change in the amd recording vs the obs x264 recordings while viewing them in VLC

sorry to be a pain :D and thanks for your time in all this

You should post a log, then I can actually tell you where the problem is.

Xaymar

Hi sorry totally forgot here it is, all the log files that i have

• OpenCL is not enabled
  • GPU Encoder seems to be overloaded
You should enable OpenCL (set Video API to Direct3D 11 or something then it should show up) and increase the Keyframe Interval from 1 second to anything between 3 - 5 seconds. I personally use 5 seconds for recording. (You also have a significantly higher first submission time than I've ever seen, 0.15 seconds is a lot.)

@PhobisOS, you will need to upload a logfile of a recording?streaming attempt for further individualized support base on your PC setup and what the logfiles show.

DxLwebs

• OpenCL is not enabled
  • GPU Encoder seems to be overloaded
You should enable OpenCL (set Video API to Direct3D 11 or something then it should show up) and increase the Keyframe Interval from 1 second to anything between 3 - 5 seconds. I personally use 5 seconds for recording. (You also have a significantly higher first submission time than I've ever seen, 0.15 seconds is a lot.)

Hi ok ty i'll check it out today and let you know :D thank you again for all the help

EDIT:
Out of interest what is first submission time?

shiny

I have found quite a strange behavior on my RX 480. I am using OBS 17.0.2 with the default AMF plugin ( not sure if it's latest version ).

When i have the Output set to simple like this:

Fferqsd.png

It produces the following visual glitch every few seconds :

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/125192558

If i set it like this:

IPF1jfL.png

The videos run just fine ( note, when set to simple i rescale the output in the "Video" settings, so it's always 720p ):

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/125192861

Any ideas ?

P.S. It doesn't matter what Quality Preset i chose in either mode.

Attachments

• 2017-02-27 20-04-21.txt
    30.5 KB · Views: 26

shiny

I have a question for you fine gentlemen!

PC relevant Stats
i5-4690k
AMD 290x
16 gig ram

I'm been streaming(720p30) on twitch with OBS Studio just fine for around a year now https://www.twitch.tv/phobiaos in case VODs need to be seen. I use the standard encoder of x264, bit rate of 3000 and I'm able to stream just about any game I want with great quality, no dropped frames, and pretty much flawless across the board.

ONLY game I have issues with is H1Z1 kotk, granted its unoptimized garbage and extremely CPU heavy for what it is. I've been looking at ways to resolve this issue(I know i7 4790k would be quickest option) and one thought was to unload some of the CPU load to the GPU in hopes that it would be streamable.

So I duplicated my current profile and only changed the encoder to H264 media whatever, but I'm unable to test. When I hit start it doesn't do anything. I was hoping someone knows what is the hang up here, and why it isn't wanting to connect to twitch?

Thanks

Actually i had the same problem as you. I have rx 480 X, and using it to capture was also a fail ( i have dual monitor, one of which is freesync other 60hz ) if you want to use gamecapture. The stream is nice, but my game starts lagging client side a lot. What i did was ( and it actually works quite well ) is use dxtory to capture ( not record ) and use the directshow output interface that it creates to capture it with OBS. I have i7-6700k and it still hogs the cpu down with cpu encoding, hogs the GPU if you do gamecapture ( display/window capture don't work for me at all with dual monitors - everything in the second monitor gets slowed down to a crawl ).

Suslik V

Probably VBV Buffer value in simple output is too small (increase its value to about bitrate's numbers ~3486, more clear to 3468000 bits - see it at the log).

You need simple output mode for replay buffer feature?

shiny

Probably VBV Buffer value in simple output is too small (increase its value to about bitrate's numbers ~3486, more clear to 3468000 bits - see it at the log).

You need simple output mode for replay buffer feature?

How do i increase that in simple mode ?

And yep, i am tired of having to run plays.tv, then OBS, then Dxtory ( to capture H1Z1 )....you know after a while my systray looks ....well horribly huge.

Suslik V

Yeah, my fault. Sorry. Of course not. Can you create new profile? (there were some changes to the plugin and maybe VBV were changed in simple mode too)

Xaymar

Out of interest what is first submission time?

First Submission time is the time it takes for the encoder to initialize. This is normally around ~0.01ms but on your system it was a lot higher.

Any ideas?

There should be no difference in terms of encoding with those settings. Both produce identical results, as Simple Mode (Streaming) sets the following (and leaves the rest at default):
  • Usage: Transcoding (Default)
  • Profile: High
  • Rate Control Method: Constant Bitrate (Default)
  • Filler Data: Enabled (Default)
  • Keyframe Interval: 2.0 Seconds (Default)
  • User Defined: Bitrate, Quality Preset
While Advanced Mode with Twitch preset sets the following:
  • Profile: Main (Default)
  • Profile Level: Automatic (Default)
  • QP Min/Max: Restore Default (Default)
  • Scan Type: Progressive (Default)
  • Motion Estimation: Both (Default)
  • User Defined: Bitrate (at least 500kbit), Quality Preset]
So, the only difference in things being set is Profile, which is set to Main instead of High in advanced output.

Did you record any of the sessions? If it was the simple one, try starting the recording and then starting the stream instead of the other way around.

shiny

First Submission time is the time it takes for the encoder to initialize. This is normally around ~0.01ms but on your system it was a lot higher.

There should be no difference in terms of encoding with those settings. Both produce identical results, as Simple Mode (Streaming) sets the following (and leaves the rest at default):
  • Profile: High
  • User Defined: Bitrate, Quality Preset
While Advanced Mode with Twitch preset sets the following:
  • Profile: Main (Default)
  • Profile Level: Automatic (Default)
  • QP Min/Max: Restore Default (Default)
  • Scan Type: Progressive (Default)
  • Motion Estimation: Both (Default)
  • User Defined: Bitrate (at least 500kbit), Quality Preset]
So, the only difference in things being set is Profile, which is set to Main instead of High in advanced output.

Did you record any of the sessions? If it was the simple one, try starting the recording and then starting the stream instead of the other way around.

Just tried starting the record first:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/125219787

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/d48c65479b4adb41cb68e22c002f102a

( scroll down a bit didn't restart OBS )

Suslik V

Also there is
Code:
22:10:18.592: obs-data.c: [obs_data_create_from_json] Failed reading json string (-1): wrong arguments
maybe something wrong with profiles and settings files. You can try portable mode of the OBS Studio in different folder (do not copy profile and settings folder).

shiny

Also there is
Code:
22:10:18.592: obs-data.c: [obs_data_create_from_json] Failed reading json string (-1): wrong arguments
maybe something wrong with profiles and settings files. You can try portable mode of the OBS Studio in different folder (do not copy profile and settings folder).

I will reinstall it real quick, nothing much to lose atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.