Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.4

Lawrence_SoCal

I downloaded from microsoft recommended link, but it install like a installer with so many options and then I just tried to install the normal one but it was a bit weird that to be honest.
That doesn't sound right. Did you get Visual Studio? [ wrong thing]. The right thing is #4 of Windows Install list Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads. I don't recall options

DaniSan

Just saw some reports a year ago about transition tab not working (for example, set to use X transition when changing from Scene A to B, use Y transition when changing from B to A...).

Just checked with latest version and seem to still not work, even selecting to overwrite Scene Switcher over OBS transition preferences.

Does someone knows how to workaround it?

Warmuptill

Just saw some reports a year ago about transition tab not working (for example, set to use X transition when changing from Scene A to B, use Y transition when changing from B to A...).

Just checked with latest version and seem to still not work, even selecting to overwrite Scene Switcher over OBS transition preferences.

Does someone knows how to workaround it?
These transitions are only referring to the scene switches triggered by the scene switcher and not manual ones.
If you were talking about the former I will have to investigate.
If you want a solution for the latter please check out the transition matrix plugin:

Warmuptill

Hi, I'm having some problems with Advanced Scene Switcher. It only seems to happen when I stream, recording is OK.

The switcher seem to ignore the sequence times and briefly cuts to a scene (for like a quarter of a second) then eventually gets stuck on a single scene.

You can see this in the stream I did with my band last night...skip to about 11:20 https://www.facebook.com/zebratheband/videos/358536065531003/
Hm, not sure what would be causing that during streaming but not during recording.
Maybe it is just a matter of system load?

Usually such behaviour can be seen if a scene switches while a transition of a previous scene change is still ongoing or changing the transition type while a transition is still in progress.
Have you configured something on the transition tab or very short scene switches where the above scenario could happen?

Warmuptill

I don't think so...my shortest sequence time is 9 seconds, and my longest transition time is 500ms
You could try enabling verbose logging of the scene switcher plugin on the general tab to maybe find out if there are any unexpected scene changes triggered by the plugin.
The logs can be found under Help -> Log Files -> View Current Log.

I'm having the installation issue of it not appearing in the Tools menu regardless of which location I put the .so in, /Contents/Plugins/ or ~/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/advanced-scene-switcher/bin/. Attached are startup log files for each location respectively. Don't know if it's an issue, but under ~/Library/ there initiially was no /plugins/ folder, so I created it. This is only the third plugin I've installed, after iOS Camera and NDI.

OBS 25.0.8, Mac Catalina 10.15.6

Attachments

• 2020-09-21 14-10-05.txt
    12.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 2020-09-21 14-20-56.txt
    12.8 KB · Views: 27

Warmuptill

I'm having the installation issue of it not appearing in the Tools menu regardless of which location I put the .so in, /Contents/Plugins/ or ~/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/advanced-scene-switcher/bin/. Attached are startup log files for each location respectively. Don't know if it's an issue, but under ~/Library/ there initiially was no /plugins/ folder, so I created it. This is only the third plugin I've installed, after iOS Camera and NDI.

OBS 25.0.8, Mac Catalina 10.15.6
This is an issue in the build script and not your wrong doing. (The plugin looks at the wrong place for the QT libs)
I will trigger a new build in a minute and update the release.

EDIT: The new build finished and the release was updated.
Please try downloading and installing the plugin again.

Note that this issue should only affect the MacOS version of the plugin.

Last edited:
This is an issue in the build script and not your wrong doing. (The plugin looks at the wrong place for the QT libs)
I will trigger a new build in a minute and update the release.

EDIT: The new build finished and the release was updated.
Please try downloading and installing the plugin again.

Note that this issue should only affect the MacOS version of the plugin.
After running xattr in Terminal, there it is. Thank you very much for the quick response.

Warmuptill

I think this might be related to your settings on the transition tab.
In the log I can find the following entry "Advanced Scene Switcher default transition set" rather frequently.
I am not sure how long your transitions are but it could be the case that if they are also 300ms or longer that the scene transition did not yet finish while the scene switcher already detects that it should change the transition type, thus canceling the ongoing transition.

I would suggest either increasing the length of the interval of the scene switcher checks on the general tab to be well above the transistion length or just not using the default transitions.

Last edited:

andrescastaned

Hello...
Im having issues with the random tab.
I have added some scenes in this tab, but every time I close the plugin configuration window, and open again, it shows 5 different scenes with fade transition with 10 seconds each, plus my custom added scenes.

I doesn´t care if I delete those 5 scenes, they appears again every time I open the random tab.

I have already reinstalled the plugin and the Visual C++ Redistributable packege, and the problem persist.

Thank you.

Warmuptill

Hello...
Im having issues with the random tab.
I have added some scenes in this tab, but every time I close the plugin configuration window, and open again, it shows 5 different scenes with fade transition with 10 seconds each, plus my custom added scenes.

I doesn´t care if I delete those 5 scenes, they appears again every time I open the random tab.

I have already reinstalled the plugin and the Visual C++ Redistributable packege, and the problem persist.

Thank you.
Would it be possible to share the settings of the scene switcher before deleting these scenes and after deleting them?
You can export the settings on the general tab.

If you don't want to share them here feel free to send me a private message.

magicaltrevor70

I think this might be related to your settings on the transition tab.
In the log I can find the following entry "Advanced Scene Switcher default transition set" rather frequently.
I am not sure how long your transitions are but it could be the case that if they are also 300ms or longer that the scene transition did not yet finish while the scene switcher already detects that it should change the transition type, thus canceling the ongoing transition.

I would suggest either increasing the length of the interval of the scene switcher checks on the general tab to be well above the transistion length or just not using the default transitions.

Interesting...yeah my fade transition was set to 500ms...I've upped the check interval to 1000ms, I'll see how we get on. Interestingly it did not happen all the time (and as it turns out was not related to streaming, that was just a coincidence)...some kind of race condition I'm wondering?

Thanks so much for your responsiveness and help.

Petrichord

I'm trying to use this tool to switch between scenes but I'd like to stop between every scene since I have separate cues inside each scene that I'm using Source Switcher to activate. The way I've been doing so is by setting every scene up in the "sequence" tab of Adv. Scene Switcher, with a 1 second delay in between each transition, toggling the Adv. Scene Switcher on using a hotkey, and then toggling it off using the same hotkey (which I set in Settings) once the transition is complete.

My question is, how can I speed up the time between when I press the hotkey to toggle the Adv. Scene Switcher on and when it actually begins the transition sequence? (editing to add: it turns off without issue, there's just a long delay when I try to turn it on) I thought that decreasing the time in the "Check Switch Conditions" area of the "General" tab would do it, but the delay seems to be about the same no matter how much I reduce the time. I'm also wary of the "Condition Checking Interval must be greater than the duration of transitions" warning at the top of the General tab because I'm not 100% what it means.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you :)

Warmuptill

I'm trying to use this tool to switch between scenes but I'd like to stop between every scene since I have separate cues inside each scene that I'm using Source Switcher to activate. The way I've been doing so is by setting every scene up in the "sequence" tab of Adv. Scene Switcher, with a 1 second delay in between each transition, toggling the Adv. Scene Switcher on using a hotkey, and then toggling it off using the same hotkey (which I set in Settings) once the transition is complete.

My question is, how can I speed up the time between when I press the hotkey to toggle the Adv. Scene Switcher on and when it actually begins the transition sequence? (editing to add: it turns off without issue, there's just a long delay when I try to turn it on) I thought that decreasing the time in the "Check Switch Conditions" area of the "General" tab would do it, but the delay seems to be about the same no matter how much I reduce the time. I'm also wary of the "Condition Checking Interval must be greater than the duration of transitions" warning at the top of the General tab because I'm not 100% what it means.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you :)
There is a hardcoded delay of two seconds to avoid issues when changing scene collections.
You can find a version of the plugin without this delay here (64 bit Windows):

But as mentioned above this will cause issues if changing scene collections rapidly.
I guess I could try shortening this delay.

andrescastaned

Would it be possible to share the settings of the scene switcher before deleting these scenes and after deleting them?
You can export the settings on the general tab.

If you don't want to share them here feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you !

Attachments

• 1600888336403.png
    1600888336403.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Random.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Random After.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 22

Warmuptill

Thank you !
Hm, very interesting.

It looks like the settings contain two different names for the scenes, for example:
"LOGI_CAM" and "LOGI"
So while the UI gets updated nothing actually gets deleted as no entry for "LOGI" can be found.

Did you ever manually adjust the settings file and reimport it or happen to rename your scenes?

I am very sorry about this and I will try to find a fix for this.
(Storing the scene names twice does not make sense anyways)

To fix your issue for now just import the settings of the attached file.

EDIT:
Yup, looks like renaming scenes can lead to this issue.

Attachments

• clear_settings.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited: