Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.5

Lawrence_SoCal

However there is a really weird quirk with the active/inactive state when I launch OBS.
Yes, I've noticed the same. I've gotten into the habit of starting OBS, and immediately checking Advanced Scene Switchers' state and setting it as desired. Odd behavior for sure.

Warmuptill

Yes, I've noticed the same. I've gotten into the habit of starting OBS, and immediately checking Advanced Scene Switchers' state and setting it as desired. Odd behavior for sure.
Hm, interesting.
It is supposed to save the sate it was in when OBS was closed, but apparently there is something wrong there.

In the meantime you can use this version of the plugin which lets you chose the startup behavior on the general tab:
(This the windows 64 bit version - Let me know if you need the builds for other platforms)

I hope I will find the time to investigate this issue this week.

Sikosis

Where are the settings for Advanced Scene Switcher on a macOS machine? I want to back them up and transfer them to another machine.

Warmuptill

Where are the settings for Advanced Scene Switcher on a macOS machine? I want to back them up and transfer them to another machine.
They used to be under:
/Users/<YOUR USER NAME>/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/basic/scenes/<SCENE COLLECTION NAME>.json

Unfortunately I do not know if that is still the case.

If you cannot find it there you can use the following build of the scene switcher plugin to export / import the settings to / from a file.

DJ CoffeeMaker

Hi, I have problems to run a time schedule with absolute times. How can I handle that correct ?
-If I handle ist via Media, the limit is 1000000 ms ...
-If I handle it via sequence all changes are ralative. The problem is that the timing count has problems with loops
I would like something like:
0:00 szene 1
4:50 szene 3
7:30 szene 4
and so on ---
I cant find teh right way to implemet that.
thank you for help

Lawrence_SoCal

I've been using the Media tab for months, and the Time tab for over a month now. Works great/reliably. I'm able to switch to specific scenes at specific times (down to second, not lower (which I don't need). This is on Win10 x64 v2004 completely up to date. OBS v25.0.8

Lawrence_SoCal

@Warmuptill - feature request - automate START recording (not at same time as starting Streaming)

As you know, I really appreciate Advanced Scene Switcher.
As your tool enables automating stopping stream/recording, I'll ask for the ability to automate STARTING recording either at a specific time, or scene (either works for me). My use case is Facebook Scheduled Live Videos, which requires connecting to stream at least 10 minutes in advance of scheduled stream start time. I'd strongly prefer to not Record that 10+ minutes of 'empty' stream, and as I've automated the first 10-12 minutes of our stream using Advanced Scene Switcher (using Time and Media tabs) and it works well. There are 2 pieces left for me to automate/address:
1. automating starting recording (10+ minutes after streaming starts)
As I'm operating a scheduled live stream, a time based start would be preferred. But I could see many folks not needing a time based option, so a scene based one would work for me just as well (which I'd then combine with your existing Time tab) to same effect

- The other is sending a $powerpoint.SlideShowWindows.View.Next with a scene change but thanks to M$, that isn't so easy (especially with Office 365 and new security restrictions with PowerShell). However, there are a couple of other scripts/tools that add ability to execute a command line script with a Scene change. As this tool is all about Scene Switching, adding such a feature to this Tool would be appreciated so I can limit the # of different tools in use... but as there are 2 options I'm aware of already, I'd consider this a low priority ask

if there's a better/simpler way, and I'm simply demonstrating my newbie status, a pointer in https://obsproject.com/forum/thread...-many-minutes-after-streaming-started.128095/ would be appreciated

Last edited:

Warmuptill

Warmuptill updated Advanced Scene Switcher with a new update entry:

Minor QOL changes

add option to export and import all settings
add support for remote files on file tab
allow reordering of file, media, sequence and region tab entries
add option to reorder tabs
add option to set startup behaviour of the plugin

change file format structure of scene sequence settings (old format can still be imported)

fix switch priority falling back to default values on startup
fix auto fill not working for modified entries on time tab

... and probably something else I forgot about :)

Read the rest of this update entry...

uncleflip

I have a feature request- and apologies if this has already been brought up- or if I have the wrong plugin to make it happen.

Instead of automatic scene switching, which can be started/stopped with a hotkey, I would love to see a much simpler option added for using the plugin as a simple manually triggered sequencer, in which the operator could simply hit a hotkey to go to the next scene in the playlist, or another to go back.

I know this can be done with starting the automatic switching, then using a hotkey to pause it- but for a live event in which the timing on how long a scene will be needed is undetermined, it's setting up for disaster and/or awkwardness. (Scenes could be set for short times and paused to stop the next transition, but a missed tap on a key could cause FAR more problems than a transition not firing off due to a missed key in a manual trigger situation.)

Just a little suggestion that would make my event MUCH easier (and based on how the weather graphics were triggered back in my two decades in TV).

Thanks for your time and your consideration- and for creating such a feature-rich plugin!

Lawrence_SoCal

Man, I love this plugin as is makes running our live stream so much less stressful, and more professional/consistent. The level of automation I now have means I can get someone (volunteer) WAY less technical than I to run a live stream [and minimize level of required training] and still have consistent experience

UI feedback
- The 'if this then that' orientation of settings on many of the tabs is reflected in the settings list created in the window below
ie in the Time tab, one sets at Time, switch to , using and what is saved below looks/reflect the same. Sequence is the same way in that what you set, and how it is displayed in the window below corresponds
- but not for Media [/sad face]
I consider this a low-order priority/request, but from a usability perspective, I know after months of using the Media based scene changes, I still struggle.
Now (today) I used the new feature to re-order the Media tab which will be a HUGE help, and may well negate the need to do anything else [quite possible]. To me this is a 'if you get bored, and don't have something else to work on type item
Regardless, for UI consistency it would be nice if the order of setting (ie when Media source ends, switch to, using) is reflected in the settings window (vs flipping around to showing switch to, using, when)

Again - with ability to manually re-order Media list, this may become a non-issue for me [as I follow a specific scene order for our live stream. My OBS scene list is now 27 items long .. and I'm using each and every one of them. I could shorten it by a couple, but only by complicating the setup].

This tool is quite usable as is. To me this is, as an old software company [Scitor? with Project Scheduler??] called this type of comment, a WIBNIF... wouldn't it be nice if
[think I heard this phrase about 30 years ago.. definitely applies to this feedback/comment... a nice to have .. not need to have]

dj_hydra

Good afternoon, I am using a google translator. I have a problem, I installed OBS Studio in Windows 10, when installing the plugin as it says I cannot find the option within tools, before I had it working perfectly in Windows 7, I also installed the Visual C +++ package, does anyone know what it can be? I attach two photos where you can see the location of the .dll file and the tools menu where it should appear, thanks in advance, greetings.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 2.png
    2.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 66

Warmuptill

Good afternoon, I am using a google translator. I have a problem, I installed OBS Studio in Windows 10, when installing the plugin as it says I cannot find the option within tools, before I had it working perfectly in Windows 7, I also installed the Visual C +++ package, does anyone know what it can be? I attach two photos where you can see the location of the .dll file and the tools menu where it should appear, thanks in advance, greetings.
Can you share a log file of a startup of OBS?
Maybe there is some issue with loading the plugin which could be seen there.

dj_hydra

Can you share a log file of a startup of OBS?
Maybe there is some issue with loading the plugin which could be seen there.

Thanks for your answer, I am attaching the program start file, greetings and thanks.

Attachments

• 2020-08-24 16-39-48.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 28

Warmuptill

Thanks for your answer, I am attaching the program start file, greetings and thanks.
Thanks for the log!

16:39:49.647: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/advanced-scene-switcher.dll': (null) (126)
16:39:49.647: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/advanced-scene-switcher.dll' not loaded

Are you sure that you have installed the latest redistributable from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads ?

Specifically this one?
x64: vc_redist.x64.exe

If you are sure that you have done so, just to be sure, can you see if this error also occurs with the previous version of the plugin?

Patskout

They used to be under:
/Users/<YOUR USER NAME>/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/basic/scenes/<SCENE COLLECTION NAME>.json

Unfortunately I do not know if that is still the case.

If you cannot find it there you can use the following build of the scene switcher plugin to export / import the settings to / from a file.

thanks. i still cant find the .dll file. Do you think u can jus post the dll file here. I wonder why obs dont jus post.. and we can just copy it in the obstudio plugin folder

mvfsullivan

Is it possible to automate a scene based on audio level? I want to change to an elnarged cam scene when I yell, and leave it up for a few seconds after audio levels back out, then switch back to the original. Is this possible at all, via this plugin, another, or OBS in general? I'm using SLOBS right now but would gladly switch back for this feature alone