Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.5

Warmuptill

Is there a way to switch to a scene if a text file just updates? not a specific content in it, just the change of the file.
I guess you could try the option to only check the file contents if the file changed and use the regular expression ".*" to match any content.
But I am not sure if this will achieve what you are trying to do.

Cabal-2140

I guess you could try the option to only check the file contents if the file changed and use the regular expression ".*" to match any content.
But I am not sure if this will achieve what you are trying to do.
I'd like to automatically switch to a scene if streamlabels updates one of the most recent files and with the included autoswitcher then back after 30 sek.

Warmuptill

Warmuptill updated Advanced Scene Switcher with a new update entry:

Fixes and improvements

Add regular expression support to the executable tab
Add option to also to match window titles which are not in focus
Add ability to reorder window title and executable switches
Add option to chose thread priority for scene switcher

Crash and memory leak fixes and improvements for media tab

Please report if there are any regressions or new issues!
As usual this new release requires use of at least OBS 25.

Read the rest of this update entry...

DemystifySci

Thought I was losing my mind, but the new package posted yesterday doesn't have a .so file included. Went back to the previous release and found the necessary files.

Warmuptill

Thought I was losing my mind, but the new package posted yesterday doesn't have a .so file included. Went back to the previous release and found the necessary files.
Oh sorry about that - Can you please clarify what is missing and I will add it back in asap?

(Just checked - did you maybe accidentally download the source code instead?)

Pjetro77

You probably downloaded the source code instead of the prebuilt plug-in.
If you want you can download the prebuilt dll from github under the releases section or use the "Go to download" button at the top of the screen.
That did the trick! :D
Many thanks!

Warmuptill

The windows 1.6.1 did not load the dll.
I left a note on github
Can you check if installing the latest vc_redist.x64.exe on https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads makes a difference?

EDIT:
A bit of background in case it is working after installing the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable:
I switched to using an automated build setup which unfortunately seems to only support this newer version of Visual Studio.

Last edited:

Lyd753

that was cool, used the autostop stream after the media/video ended (that was 2 hours unattended) thank you!

luncht1me

I can't get this to work at all. It keeps locking my scenes up.

All I want, is to cut from one scene when I press the hotkey to do so, then fade back when I press the hotkey to go back to the other scene. It's so hit and miss and if my fade transition overlaps that 'check interval' just one time, it locks everything up. I've tried so many different values of fade transition time and interval time and nothing works ever. It's really frustrating. I can get the transitions to work as intended maybe once or twice before those timers conflict and my scenes lock up.

Warmuptill

I can't get this to work at all. It keeps locking my scenes up.

All I want, is to cut from one scene when I press the hotkey to do so, then fade back when I press the hotkey to go back to the other scene. It's so hit and miss and if my fade transition overlaps that 'check interval' just one time, it locks everything up. I've tried so many different values of fade transition time and interval time and nothing works ever. It's really frustrating. I can get the transitions to work as intended maybe once or twice before those timers conflict and my scenes lock up.
From your description you do not need the plugin at all, I think.
OBS supports switching scenes using hotkey without installing any plugin.

The scene switcher will only adjust transitions of the scene switches triggered by the scene switcher, not the ones you trigger manually (e.g. using hotkeys)
For this functionality check this plugin out:

What exactly do you mean by scenes locking up?

makeitwrite

Hello, this plugin is great and allowed me to automate some things for easier use of OBS while recording a church service. I have a question and wondering if there is a way for this plugin to send a keystroke (hotkey) to OBS as scenes switch? (or if it would be a worthwhile addition). For instance, We have a live microphone on for the sermon, but we may show a short video (in a new scene) during the service and when that video scene starts would like to send a hotkey to mute the main stage microphone and unmute when the video ends. If there is another way to do this I'd be interested in hearing about it. All the best and thanks for making this!!

mattbatt

Hello, this plugin is great and allowed me to automate some things for easier use of OBS while recording a church service. I have a question and wondering if there is a way for this plugin to send a keystroke (hotkey) to OBS as scenes switch? (or if it would be a worthwhile addition). For instance, We have a live microphone on for the sermon, but we may show a short video (in a new scene) during the service and when that video scene starts would like to send a hotkey to mute the main stage microphone and unmute when the video ends. If there is another way to do this I'd be interested in hearing about it. All the best and thanks for making this!!
Assuming you mean to mute the mic in OBS not in the house... You could just remove the audio source in the scene playing the video the default setting is for the audio to fade when there is a change. You could also grab the fader in the OBS audio mixer and pull it down for the video playback scene it will mute for the duration of the video playback scene.
Assigning a hotkey as a mute toggle or as a push to mute is available in the standard vanilla OBS. If you assign hotkey M to mute an audio source in OBS it will mute the source. You can then assign the same key or any other key to unmute the source. You can even get crazy and assign the same key to all you audio sources and mute everything.
If you go into the audio section of settings you can check the box to push to mute individual sources and then go over to the hotkey section to assign a hotkey to that. This will act like a momentary mute switch it will mute audio as long as you have the hotkey pushed, when you let off it comes back.
NOW if you meant to mute the microphone in the house that could get interesting, involving a plugin that sends MIDI comands to the audio console..... It can be done.

Lawrence_SoCal

For instance, We have a live microphone on for the sermon, but we may show a short video (in a new scene) during the service and when that video scene starts would like to send a hotkey to mute the main stage microphone and unmute when the video ends. If there is another way to do this I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Doing the same for a House of Worship service. As you indicated changing scenes, as others indicted, why even have the microphone in the scene with pre-recorded video? My approach has been to remove the microphone from the scene when playing pre-recorded video snippets. Thanks to @Warmuptill for being super responsive and fixing the initial bugs in the Media tab (fixed in 1.6.1). So my scenes are self-contained (either live video or pre-recorded... never both... learned the hard way after a few too many times of forgetting to mute, or unmute, the mic manually) play the video, and use this plug-in to auto-switch to next scene (with live video fed, and microphone present in audio source).
The only thing I'm missing is a PowerPoint page change (next) with scene change. I'm looking into combining the Dummy Source to execute command and python script PowerPoint slide window navigation using OBS hotkey 1.0, as I don't want to use (or have to remember to hit) hotkeys. In my case, I never have a scene change that doesn't also involve a PPTx slide change.

Marq

Is it possible to add option to execute program like batch file while switching to specific scene?

I feel like starting external programs is out of the scope of a scene switcher, but if there is a lot of demand I might look into it.
Thanks for the suggestion though!

I published a simple OBS script for this purpose:

makeitwrite

Doing the same for a House of Worship service. As you indicated changing scenes, as others indicted, why even have the microphone in the scene with pre-recorded video? My approach has been to remove the microphone from the scene when playing pre-recorded video snippets. Thanks to @Warmuptill for being super responsive and fixing the initial bugs in the Media tab (fixed in 1.6.1). So my scenes are self-contained (either live video or pre-recorded... never both... learned the hard way after a few too many times of forgetting to mute, or unmute, the mic manually) play the video, and use this plug-in to auto-switch to next scene (with live video fed, and microphone present in audio source).
The only thing I'm missing is a PowerPoint page change (next) with scene change. I'm looking into combining the Dummy Source to execute command and python script PowerPoint slide window navigation using OBS hotkey 1.0, as I don't want to use (or have to remember to hit) hotkeys. In my case, I never have a scene change that doesn't also involve a PPTx slide change.

Thanks for the reply - You hit the nail on the head. I have not figured out, though I've heard it mentioned several times, that there is a way to tie an audio input source to a scene. Seems when I create an audio source, it shows in the mixer and is just there for all scenes. If I mute it, it is muted for all scenes. In some scenes I need the mic on. Thats why I was looking for some automated way to mute it for a particular scene. I may have missed something somewhere if it can actually be done. I'm running OBS 25.0.7 on a MacBook Pro / Catalina. If there is a way to tie a mic to a scene, let me know.

As to PowerPoint, we use a program on a separate computer called Song Show Plus (but could be any program including PPT) which uses its own picture format for bible verses and song lyrics but can display PPTx files as well. I installed NDI tools from NewTek and load NDI Scan Converter on the SSP machine (Windows 10). You can create a Scene with an NDI source in OBS, specify the source as a particular machine, a particular monitor if there is more then one on that machine, or just a section of the screen. It will pull the image of the slide show over the local network. No measurable delay so if you are constantly updating slides for song lyrics for instance, you only need one scene since it updates the slides to OBS with no noticable delay.

All the best,

Bob

mattbatt

You know what you are right BOB if you mute or turn down the volume on a source it affects all scenes using that source. A way around this is instead of having "mic 1" in scene "camera" and scene "video" you could remove the "mic 1 source" from the scene (not delete the source) and add a new source called "mic 1a" that pulls from the same place that way you can adjust "mic 1a" separately from "mic 1".
I must have been sleep deprived last night.
The only caveat I would say about automation is that if you have someone start talking before the video is done fading out their mic would remain off, OBS doesn't know or care who's talking over what. In that case you could have video audio be the side chain trigger on a ducker. Does OBS have duckers?

Lawrence_SoCal

Thanks for the reply - You hit the nail on the head. I have not figured out, though I've heard it mentioned several times, that there is a way to tie an audio input source to a scene. Seems when I create an audio source, it shows in the mixer and is just there for all scenes. If I mute it, it is muted for all scenes. In some scenes I need the mic on. Thats why I was looking for some automated way to mute it for a particular scene. I may have missed something somewhere if it can actually be done. I'm running OBS 25.0.7 on a MacBook Pro / Catalina. If there is a way to tie a mic to a scene, let me know.
I'm using 25.0.8 on Windows 10... so not sure if there is a difference. But for me, there's a difference between Duplicating a Source and Referencing a source. Referencing would be the behavior you are mentioning of a change in one scene, to a source would change that same source in all scenes the same way. A Duplicate source on the other hand, would not.. i think.. at least for me. Muting a microphone in one scene does NOT mute same mic in another scene for me. In my case, I remove the mic from the scene entirely... so those of us in the room are 'off-the-air' while pre-recorded video playing (own scene). which can be helpful as I can talk to person in front of camera and not worry about audience hearing. I then give that person a signal when the camera and mic are back on "on-the-air" (a manual Tally light, so to speak.. if I recall the terminology correctly)