Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.5

Lawrence_SoCal

First and foremost - thank you for this.
My interest is in the Media Source switching (a recorded video ends, followed by automated scene change ... exactly what I'm looking for)
I am live streaming a broadcast combining live video and pre-recorded content

However, I've come across a number of anomalies with Adv Scene Switcher v1.5. If anyone can help out, I'd appreciate it. Yes, OBS' included Automatic Scene switcher is Inactive. My setup is Win10 Enterprise, OBS 25.0.8 64-bit, Dell mobile Precision 7530 Xeon 6-core, Intel P630 & NVidia Quadro P2000 GPU, 64GB RAM, NVMe SSD
This tools' DLL placed in C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit
My machine has MS Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64) 14.20.27508 which otherwise seems to be working, so I didn't add the 2017 only version
if any of the following fixed by Adv Scene switcher v1.6, please let me know

1. I currently have over 10+ scene changes to be triggered by video endings
I enter Media scene change details, and the list often doesn't save everything/properly (one or two will go missing)
Or what I entered (and appeared after entering the "+", is slightly changed when I came back to the tool... like a corrupted entry
This last week getting my media source switching list accurate took 20+ tries. The 'errors' are not consistent. I'll add an scene change, leave come back and a different scene change in the list will be missing, or one duplicated, or ?? [very frustrating and time consuming]
[so I only do it as the automation is that valuable to me]
I've gone to screen capturing the list, then comparing/checking each and every time I re-open OBS or make Media Scene switching changes...
Is there a trick to adding entries cleanly and getting them to stick?
Should Adv Scene switcher be stopped before/after/during list edit???
Does closing Tools window via Close button (vs Upper right X on the window) make a difference? Do I need to stop Tool before closing?
Is the list saved someplace I can check/edit outside of the tool (in a DB, or ??)

2. The Media Source switching pull-down list doesn't recognize/include the media sources (videos) in all of the scenes until I play them. ie, when I open OBS and go straight into Adv Scene Switcher - media Source switching tab, most (vast majority) of the videos in the various scenes won't be listed. I have to go to each scene, let the video starting playing, next scene, etc. THEN I can select the videos in the media source switching pull down list
I'm hoping this isn't 'functioning as designed'? Is there another trick (other than my clumsy work-around) to having the videos appear in the media switcher pull-down list?

3. OBS now crashes on every exit. [latest crash log attached]
I've tried stopping Adv Scene Switcher, then closing/exiting, etc... no effect
if a memory corruption issue, maybe this is why I'm having issue #1?

Request for change
- enable editing of media scene changes (vs deleting a media source switch single line item and creating new). For example, double click on line item and it populates the settings in the tool, then change normally, and hit + (if that creates a new item vs overwriting old, I'm fine with that [actually, that would be my recommended behavior]. A user can then easily/quickly delete old line item.

Other -
- {not sure if what I'm looking for already exists natively in OBS, another plug-in, and would be a good addition here. Any advice appreciated} For each new scene, I'd love to have the option to add a page change (next) to be sent to PowerPoint. I saw the recent ppt_slide.py script. I do NOT want/need to use hotkeys or similar to change PPT page. I want the scene change and page change to happen together. I'm thinking either a script/plug-in/something execution as part of (1st action) each scene where I want to trigger the page change. Or when Adv Media switcher changes scenes to also kick off another action (the page change in this case). Anyways... just a thought/suggestion

Attachments

• OBS crash.txt
    150 KB · Views: 259

SandyM

Firstly Thank You for this plugin which I use regularly.

I downloaded it a month or so ago and I'm about to do a tutorial video to show other churches how to automate their recordings/livestreams. The only problem I've got is I can't find the files for installation on Windows or Mac! I'm probably being very slow today.

I've gone to https://github.com/WarmUpTill/SceneSwitcher and clicked the 'Clone or Download' and my download is a folder entitled SceneSwitcher-Master which looks like the source files rather than the Windows/Mac installation files. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Many thanks

Ceetch

Loving this plugin, since I can finally switch scenes based on executables, rather than window titles.
One question I have is whether the state of an input source can be used to switch scenes. Such as if my capture card is displaying a game or not.
Basically, most capture cards will either display a "no input" message or even just a black screen when nothing is playing. If the plugin can determine if the source is displaying that "no input" image or not, and switch to that scene if there's something besides the "no input" image being shown, that might be useful.
Perhaps just grab a frame every second or so and compare it to a known "no input" frame (maybe need the user to do some configuration so the plugin can "see" the no input frame ahead of time so it has something to compare to) and switch if the current video feed is different enough from the "no input" image.

Warmuptill

Firstly Thank You for this plugin which I use regularly.

I downloaded it a month or so ago and I'm about to do a tutorial video to show other churches how to automate their recordings/livestreams. The only problem I've got is I can't find the files for installation on Windows or Mac! I'm probably being very slow today.

I've gone to https://github.com/WarmUpTill/SceneSwitcher and clicked the 'Clone or Download' and my download is a folder entitled SceneSwitcher-Master which looks like the source files rather than the Windows/Mac installation files. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Many thanks
You can download the plugin using the download button on the overview page here or if you want to use github see the "releases" section.
The "Clone or Download" button on github is referring to the source code.

Loving this plugin, since I can finally switch scenes based on executables, rather than window titles.
One question I have is whether the state of an input source can be used to switch scenes. Such as if my capture card is displaying a game or not.
Basically, most capture cards will either display a "no input" message or even just a black screen when nothing is playing. If the plugin can determine if the source is displaying that "no input" image or not, and switch to that scene if there's something besides the "no input" image being shown, that might be useful.
Perhaps just grab a frame every second or so and compare it to a known "no input" frame (maybe need the user to do some configuration so the plugin can "see" the no input frame ahead of time so it has something to compare to) and switch if the current video feed is different enough from the "no input" image.
Currently the plugin does not support image detection, but it was requested a couple of times already.
I think comparing the frames might be a rather expensive operation that is why I am hesitant, but I might look into it.

First and foremost - thank you for this.
My interest is in the Media Source switching (a recorded video ends, followed by automated scene change ... exactly what I'm looking for)
I am live streaming a broadcast combining live video and pre-recorded content

However, I've come across a number of anomalies with Adv Scene Switcher v1.5. If anyone can help out, I'd appreciate it. Yes, OBS' included Automatic Scene switcher is Inactive. My setup is Win10 Enterprise, OBS 25.0.8 64-bit, Dell mobile Precision 7530 Xeon 6-core, Intel P630 & NVidia Quadro P2000 GPU, 64GB RAM, NVMe SSD
This tools' DLL placed in C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit
My machine has MS Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64) 14.20.27508 which otherwise seems to be working, so I didn't add the 2017 only version
if any of the following fixed by Adv Scene switcher v1.6, please let me know

1. I currently have over 10+ scene changes to be triggered by video endings
I enter Media scene change details, and the list often doesn't save everything/properly (one or two will go missing)
Or what I entered (and appeared after entering the "+", is slightly changed when I came back to the tool... like a corrupted entry
This last week getting my media source switching list accurate took 20+ tries. The 'errors' are not consistent. I'll add an scene change, leave come back and a different scene change in the list will be missing, or one duplicated, or ?? [very frustrating and time consuming]
[so I only do it as the automation is that valuable to me]
I've gone to screen capturing the list, then comparing/checking each and every time I re-open OBS or make Media Scene switching changes...
Is there a trick to adding entries cleanly and getting them to stick?
Should Adv Scene switcher be stopped before/after/during list edit???
Does closing Tools window via Close button (vs Upper right X on the window) make a difference? Do I need to stop Tool before closing?
Is the list saved someplace I can check/edit outside of the tool (in a DB, or ??)

2. The Media Source switching pull-down list doesn't recognize/include the media sources (videos) in all of the scenes until I play them. ie, when I open OBS and go straight into Adv Scene Switcher - media Source switching tab, most (vast majority) of the videos in the various scenes won't be listed. I have to go to each scene, let the video starting playing, next scene, etc. THEN I can select the videos in the media source switching pull down list
I'm hoping this isn't 'functioning as designed'? Is there another trick (other than my clumsy work-around) to having the videos appear in the media switcher pull-down list?

3. OBS now crashes on every exit. [latest crash log attached]
I've tried stopping Adv Scene Switcher, then closing/exiting, etc... no effect
if a memory corruption issue, maybe this is why I'm having issue #1?

Request for change
- enable editing of media scene changes (vs deleting a media source switch single line item and creating new). For example, double click on line item and it populates the settings in the tool, then change normally, and hit + (if that creates a new item vs overwriting old, I'm fine with that [actually, that would be my recommended behavior]. A user can then easily/quickly delete old line item.

Other -
- {not sure if what I'm looking for already exists natively in OBS, another plug-in, and would be a good addition here. Any advice appreciated} For each new scene, I'd love to have the option to add a page change (next) to be sent to PowerPoint. I saw the recent ppt_slide.py script. I do NOT want/need to use hotkeys or similar to change PPT page. I want the scene change and page change to happen together. I'm thinking either a script/plug-in/something execution as part of (1st action) each scene where I want to trigger the page change. Or when Adv Media switcher changes scenes to also kick off another action (the page change in this case). Anyways... just a thought/suggestion
Version 1.6 did not change any behavior regarding the media tab besides fixing a very very minor leak when loading / saving the settings on the media tab.
I was not aware about any stability issues yet regarding the media tab but you do not seem to be the only one reporting them (was also just reported on github today)
In this particular crash report I do not see any signs of scene switcher causing the crash but maybe I am missing something.
I will definitely look into it.
EDIT: I will send you a version containing the behaviour described in your change request via PM for testing.

Last edited:

tius

Sorry, if this is a FAQ. I use a separate PC for encoding and NDI to transmit the data between the pc. I would like to use advanced scene switcher on the encoding pc to switch automatically to another scene if the NDI data stream stops (using idle detection). However, I cannot get that working. Advanced scene switcher always switches to the second scene, even if there the NDI source is active.

Is there a trick to get that job done? Thanks in advance for any hints!

Warmuptill

Sorry, if this is a FAQ. I use a separate PC for encoding and NDI to transmit the data between the pc. I would like to use advanced scene switcher on the encoding pc to switch automatically to another scene if the NDI data stream stops (using idle detection). However, I cannot get that working. Advanced scene switcher always switches to the second scene, even if there the NDI source is active.

Is there a trick to get that job done? Thanks in advance for any hints!
I am not quite sure if I understand the problem correctly, but idle detection is only referring to keyboard / mouse inputs not NDI source input.
Sorry if this was unclear.

tius

I am not quite sure if I understand the problem correctly, but idle detection is only referring to keyboard / mouse inputs not NDI source input.
Sorry if this was unclear.

Thank you very much @Warmuptill! This make things clearer :-)

Do you think there is a way to monitor NDI source input and switch to another scene if it fails? That would allow an automatic fallback if the primary pc fails.

Warmuptill

Thank you very much @Warmuptill! This make things clearer :-)

Do you think there is a way to monitor NDI source input and switch to another scene if it fails? That would allow an automatic fallback if the primary pc fails.
At least at the moment I do not think this can be done with the advanced scene switcher.
But I think just checking if a source is active using obs_source_active() and then switching accordingly would theoretically be an option.
I cannot promise that I will add this functionality anytime soon though as I am not familiar enough with the NDI source.

Mastercrown

I need help, after 20 minutes automatic scene switching in Obs while streaming or obs local, it seems that the vlc videosource in every scene where a vlc videosource is set will be lost(no more picture). I have to do manual overwride in vlc videosource the source(url) again, to get the picture back. It seems that it will timeout after 20 minutes. any help for this problem? The vlc videosources are streams, no local files.

Leoaccorsi

Warmuptill submitted a new resource:

Automatic Scene Switching - Switches to specified scenes depending on which window is in focus

Read more about this resource...
Hello my friends! I have a Mac sierra 10.12.6, and using obs 24.0.6, downloaded The scene switcher 10.0.4, and installed as instructions, but
Warmuptill submitted a new resource:

Automatic Scene Switching - Switches to specified scenes depending on which window is in focus

Read more about this resource...
hello guys! I have a Mac OS Sierra 10. 12.6 with ohs 24.0.6. Downloaded the advanced scene switcher 10.0.4, installed everything, but when I run the app, and click in the advanced scene switcher tab, the obs suddenly shuts down. do you know whats going on?

Attachments

• Process: obs [557].pdf
    160.9 KB · Views: 26

Warmuptill

Hello my friends! I have a Mac sierra 10.12.6, and using obs 24.0.6, downloaded The scene switcher 10.0.4, and installed as instructions, but

hello guys! I have a Mac OS Sierra 10. 12.6 with ohs 24.0.6. Downloaded the advanced scene switcher 10.0.4, installed everything, but when I run the app, and click in the advanced scene switcher tab, the obs suddenly shuts down. do you know whats going on?
Hello,
The issue is "Symbol not found: _obs_source_media_get_state" which was introduced with OBS 25.
You will have to use an older version of the plugin (1.4) as you are still using OBS 24.

Leoaccorsi

exactly, I downloaded the 25 version, but it didn't run, then I downloaded de 24 and installed. then I downloaded the 1.4 version, but, somehow in the folder "tools" I the obs, already shown the option ADVANCED SCENE SWITCHER... WHEN I CLICK, the ohs sits down suddenly... Do you know how to uninstall this folder in the tools? I tried to uninstall and then install again, but its still there! thank you!

tius

At least at the moment I do not think this can be done with the advanced scene switcher.
But I think just checking if a source is active using obs_source_active() and then switching accordingly would theoretically be an option.
I cannot promise that I will add this functionality anytime soon though as I am not familiar enough with the NDI source.

Hi @Warmuptill, thank you very much! Perhaps it would be an even more flexible option to monitor a screen region for changes and trigger a scene switch either on changes or inactivity within this region. I can imagine some more use cases for such an option :-)

Pjetro77

Thankyou for this plugin! Really the thing I am searching for! :)
However I can't manage to install it... I have download the plugin and extracted it, but I can't find the advanced-scene-switcher.dll file you are refering to in the intro.

What am I doing wrong?? Or do I have to get another file for computer (I have windows as OS).

Looking forward hearing from you! :D

Warmuptill

Thankyou for this plugin! Really the thing I am searching for! :)
However I can't manage to install it... I have download the plugin and extracted it, but I can't find the advanced-scene-switcher.dll file you are refering to in the intro.

What am I doing wrong?? Or do I have to get another file for computer (I have windows as OS).

Looking forward hearing from you! :D
You probably downloaded the source code instead of the prebuilt plug-in.
If you want you can download the prebuilt dll from github under the releases section or use the "Go to download" button at the top of the screen.

Cabal-2140

Is there a way to switch to a scene if a text file just updates? not a specific content in it, just the change of the file.