Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.5

zer0mavrick

So is the creator of this on hiatus? He used to be so prompt with updates and it's been about 2 months now. I was really excited to see a plugin like this in the works. After reinstalling windows like twice and trying a bunch of different things, the transitions like "fade" and whatnot don't work at all. It's either black screen or it just goes straight to the second source. Did anyone else find a way to fix this?

Warmuptill

So is the creator of this on hiatus? He used to be so prompt with updates and it's been about 2 months now. I was really excited to see a plugin like this in the works. After reinstalling windows like twice and trying a bunch of different things, the transitions like "fade" and whatnot don't work at all. It's either black screen or it just goes straight to the second source. Did anyone else find a way to fix this?
Currently I have no big new features or changes which would warrant releasing an update and I am just busy with other stuff.
But I will gladly try to fix bugs / problems if you find any :)

Can you describe the issue you are facing in a bit more detail?
What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Casebreez

Thanks for the reply - You hit the nail on the head. I have not figured out, though I've heard it mentioned several times, that there is a way to tie an audio input source to a scene. Seems when I create an audio source, it shows in the mixer and is just there for all scenes. If I mute it, it is muted for all scenes. In some scenes I need the mic on. Thats why I was looking for some automated way to mute it for a particular scene. I may have missed something somewhere if it can actually be done. I'm running OBS 25.0.7 on a MacBook Pro / Catalina. If there is a way to tie a mic to a scene, let me know.

As to PowerPoint, we use a program on a separate computer called Song Show Plus (but could be any program including PPT) which uses its own picture format for bible verses and song lyrics but can display PPTx files as well. I installed NDI tools from NewTek and load NDI Scan Converter on the SSP machine (Windows 10). You can create a Scene with an NDI source in OBS, specify the source as a particular machine, a particular monitor if there is more then one on that machine, or just a section of the screen. It will pull the image of the slide show over the local network. No measurable delay so if you are constantly updating slides for song lyrics for instance, you only need one scene since it updates the slides to OBS with no noticable delay.

All the best,

Bob

I may be misunderstanding what you're trying to do. But I have personally disabled all default audio inputs and outputs. Then if I need a mic for once scene I just add an audio input capture in the sources for that scene. It doesn't show up in any of my other scenes. Allows me to have a scene without having to mute it, there just isn't an input for the mic on that scene. So you could not add the mic input to the scene you want silent and it will shut off when you switch to it. You may also be able to figure something out with just a standard hotkey to mute. I haven't messed around with automating it, but there is likely a way to use a macro or link the hot key to a transition. Hope this helps or gives you some ideas.

Freedoms Corner

Hey I love the plugin. However I want to start doing 24/7 news streams. Is there a way that I can have a scene switch at a certain time. I.e. Switch to scene 1 at 2 Am every sat. How would I do this?

Also I love the plugin!!

Warmuptill

Hey I love the plugin. However I want to start doing 24/7 news streams. Is there a way that I can have a scene switch at a certain time. I.e. Switch to scene 1 at 2 Am every sat. How would I do this?

Also I love the plugin!!
You can switch scenes based on the current system time on the "Time" tab.
Switching based on the weekday is not supported at the moment.

Freedoms Corner

I like the Time feature but is there a way you can schedule it on days of the week. So like at 9AM Monday it switches to a scene and then 7AM Tuesday it switches to another scene.

Phibbit

Is there anyway to allow for manual override when automatically switching scenes when media ends? What I mean is that if I switch scene before the media is ended the switcher detects that the media has ended and switches to the automated scene as programmed which is not what I want. It would be great if it had a box to say automatically switch at media end except if scene is switched manually. (reading that back, im not sure I make sense!)

Warmuptill

Is there anyway to allow for manual override when automatically switching scenes when media ends? What I mean is that if I switch scene before the media is ended the switcher detects that the media has ended and switches to the automated scene as programmed which is not what I want. It would be great if it had a box to say automatically switch at media end except if scene is switched manually. (reading that back, im not sure I make sense!)
I think I understand the problem.
The issue is that manually switching to a different scene and the media playback ending "naturally" will both result in state "Ended".

You could however try using the state "Playing" with a very low "Time remaining shorter" value to achieve the behaviour you described above.
(But "Time remaining shorter" value should not be lower than the check interval value specified on the General tab)

Warmuptill

I like the Time feature but is there a way you can schedule it on days of the week. So like at 9AM Monday it switches to a scene and then 7AM Tuesday it switches to another scene.
I will look into it, but I cannot promise that I will add it anytime soon.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Phibbit

I think I understand the problem.
The issue is that manually switching to a different scene and the media playback ending "naturally" will both result in state "Ended".

You could however try using the state "Playing" with a very low "Time remaining shorter" value to achieve the behaviour you described above.
(But "Time remaining shorter" value should not be lower than the check interval value specified on the General tab)
Great, thanks, that seems a good work-around.

snss

First of all, great plugin!
However I wish it could have:
- some basic help;
- in the Time tab: be able to change/edit and save the hour and a way to reorder the scenes instead of deleting and re-entering them.
- in the Sequence tab: be able to select between seconds, minutes or even hours instead of just seconds and be able to re-order the scenes instead of deleting and re-entering them.
Also, I would like a way to re-order the tabs. I know that this is not a priority, but for me it would be much easier to have Time and Sequence tabs before Transition.
Do you think that it's possible to have this in the next version?

Thank you!

Warmuptill

First of all, great plugin!
However I wish it could have:
- some basic help;
- in the Time tab: be able to change/edit and save the hour and a way to reorder the scenes instead of deleting and re-entering them.
- in the Sequence tab: be able to select between seconds, minutes or even hours instead of just seconds and be able to re-order the scenes instead of deleting and re-entering them.
Also, I would like a way to re-order the tabs. I know that this is not a priority, but for me it would be much easier to have Time and Sequence tabs before Transition.
Do you think that it's possible to have this in the next version?

Thank you!
Thanks for the suggestions - added them to the todo list :)
(I cant give you an ETA when I will get around to adding these suggestions however)

Lawrence_SoCal

Just an FYI (this applies to both Time and Media, that I'm aware of, I don't use the other tabs)
  • Select the item you wish to edit;
  • The data for the entry will be pre-populated into the settings area;
  • Make the change and hit "+" to create new entry;
  • Delete old entry
Not as efficient as direct editing, but is a quick and easy

Lawrence_SoCal

C:\Program Files\obs-studio\bin\64bit is that a typo? Shouldn't the dll go into the obs-plugins folder?

Correct - I suspect those instructions are from when originally released, many OBS versions ago. I believe if followed more recent notes/comments you'd find reference to the new location for OBS 25
I installed to C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit

Also, I use the latest Visual C++ redistributable (2015-2019) from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
Note Visual C++ 2015, 2017 and 2019 all share the same redistributable files.

mamanoodles

I must be doing something wrong. I followed the instructions to installing this plugin to a T and I'm not sure what's going on.

I downloaded the plugin, extracted to my desktop. I then dragged the 64bit Windows file to my 64bit folder, specifically inside C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit. I installed the latest Visual C++ redistributable (2015-2019) from the link posted above. Restarted my computer as it prompted. Opened up OBS and the plugin is not showing up for me :( What am I doing wrong?

snss

Just an FYI (this applies to both Time and Media, that I'm aware of, I don't use the other tabs)
  • Select the item you wish to edit;
  • The data for the entry will be pre-populated into the settings area;
  • Make the change and hit "+" to create new entry;
  • Delete old entry
Not as efficient as direct editing, but is a quick and easy

Thank you for the suggestion. Indeed, but it will save some time.

mknejp

I have been using Advanced Scene Switcher a while for conference calls now and it's great. However there is a really weird quirk with the active/inactive state when I launch OBS. Sometimes the scene switcher is active and sometimes it's inactive and I can't seem to determine why, and can't find an option where I can set it to always launch active or inactive.

Just now I did an experiement:
- Launch OBS, switcher is *inactive*
- Close OBS without changing anything
- Launch OBS, switcher is *active*
- Launch OBS, switcher is *inactive*
And so on. I did it several times and it kept changing.

This is really unfortunate because I don't want the switcher to be active if I don't manually start it, because I also use OBS for my face video and don't want that to suddenly show an application window.

I'm running OBS 25.0.8 (64 bit) on Windows with the latest plugin downloaded here.