Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.5

vital_things

Hi!
Complete and utter noob here so please bear with me! This appears to be exactly what I was looking for, in that I'm attempting to do a constant audio stream with images, but I want the images (there will be dozens of them) to change at set points. These will be variable, depending on the length of the audio track.
My problem is that I have zero of the skills mentioned. For example, in the README.txt:-

"You'll need CMake and a working development environment for OBS Studio installed on your computer. Once you've done that, do the following:
git clone https://github.com/WarmUpTill/SceneSwitcher.git
cd SceneSwitcher

mkdir build && cd build"

I get nothing but tumbleweed in my head when I read that. Download CMake? Not a problem, I'm good at downloading. Know what to do with Cmake or github? Not a clue.

Is there by chance an even simpler installation guide? No worries if not, I think all the work already done is incredible,even if I don't understand it!!

Thanks,
David

Andrey.D

Hello. There is such a task:
OBS and NGINX take several streams at once.
Each stream is displayed on a separate stage.
Is there a need that in the event of a disconnect from the source, which is broadcast on the current scene, there was a switch to another preset or intermediate scene?
This would help a lot to automate streams from several sources, to remove the screensaver in case of the disappearance of the signal, etc.
As an example, let's say the scene uses a VLC source, if the image/sound in that source is missing, there would be a transition to the stage with a screensaver or to another participant's stream. You need control of external sources and internal (OBS plugins) on various parameters.

dimebag

Hi i'm using macOS high sierra and i've been able to follow everything. But when ever i try to paste the advanced-scene-switcher.so file it won't let me paste it in. i've logged in as root and have permission to read and write file in both locations that i am copying from and to were i want to paste but it won't let me paste it in to the plugins folder. looking at the sharing and permissions of the contents/plugins folder even though i am logged in as administrator it still says you can only read under the sharing/permissions info. I'm really stomped as to why it won't let me do it. has anyone had a similar problem?

Pengi123

Hi, I'm using macOS Mojave
I have problems with that All my scenes was duplicate when changing scene collection.
I don't know why I see also on this forum that when they stop this plugin the obs did not have duplication scene problems and I try to stop Advanced Scene Switcher and I see that obs not duplicating scenes.
Can you fix this problem to I can every time be ON this plugin "Advanced Scene Switcher" when I changing scene collection?

THE R3Y3S

Hi, how i can make a backup of my settings or i can find them? Because i unistall obs but i did a global backup, so i want to try to find them.

laurentiusho

Yaaaaaaaaay! Thank you so much! My show is tonight and I'm so happy to have it up and running again! Thank you!!!!!!!!!
Where's the so called 'Contents/Plugins' folder path? I couldn't find it anywhere!
I only managed to go as far as: Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins
I dropped the .so file in there.. and... nothing! Nothing happened in my obs window?!?!

andrewecko

Hi, I'm a new OBS user (Mac), and I'm not very familiar with the proper terms you would use, so bear with me:

I'm a musician who has been live streaming my performances. I have a setup that involves a video with a countdown timer in one scene, and my camera in another scene. I downloaded the Advanced Scene Switcher so I could automatically change from my countdown timer scene to my camera scene. The goal is to touch the computer as little as possible so when my camera is active, people don't see me messing around on the computer and I can engage them immediately. I set up the scene sequence to change from my countdown scene to my camera scene by inputting the length of my countdown video in seconds. And it works.

My issue is that sometimes, before streaming, I accidentally check the countdown scene before I'm ready. After switching to my camera scene to make sure everything looks good, I'll switch to my countdown scene, start streaming, and the scene switches to my camera early, cutting off the countdown. I realized that this is because the scene sequence timer doesn't stop ticking. I tried using Pause but the scene sequence timer will pick up where it left off.

Is there a way to stop the scene sequence timer completely, and reset the scene sequence timer when the countdown scene becomes active again? I'm trying to do this without hotkeys so I don't have to touch my computer.

Jordan21

Hello,

I have a windows LENOVO, and Im trying to download the advance switcher plugin but its giving me the unicorn icon saying there is a error. Can someone help or ever experience this?

Does anyone have a detailed step-by-step installation guide? I'm sure the steps put forward are sufficient for most, but I'm at a loss.

For example, the directions reference file advanced-scene-switcher.dll in the download, but I can't find a file by that name in the download.

A detailed step-by-step that details every individual action needed to go from downlod to function would be helpful.

Can anyone point me in that direction?

Thanks

Nubium

Hi. I am totally new to this forum, and I've only been using OBS since the lockdown to learn how to stream my dj sets. I am missing something. I want to install this plugin on my mac, i follow the direction but I can't find the 'advanced-scene-switcher.so' file in the folder that i have downloaded, maybe this is super easy but please help. where is that file please. Thanks so much. have a great day.

StragelX

Hello, does this work with OBS Streamlabs? or only with OBS studio? If it does, please give instructions for instalation. Thanks.

Soof zig

hi
just updated the last version 25.0.7
on mac catalina 10.15.4
and suddenly the "advanced scene switcher" just disappeared from the "Tools" section
i tried to download the plugin again and put it everywhere in the obs folders but still dont see it on the "Tools"
any idea?
thanks

th33559

Hi, I am also having trouble installing Advanced Scene Switcher on macOS Catalina (10.15.4). I am running OBS 25.0.7.

I have placed the advanced-scene-switcher.so file in the "OBS.app/Contents/Plugins/" folder but it is not showing up in the Tools dropdown. I have restarted OBS and machine several times.

I also tried disabling Gatekeeper (following this process) but to no avail.

Any help is greatly appreciated!! Happy to tip $$ for help :)

Last edited:

madk0w

Same here. Since I updated OBS to 25.0.7 (and updated to 25.0.8 today) and advanced-scene-switcher to 1.5, it is not showing in the Tools dropdown.

I am on macOS Catalina 10.15.4

I tried installing advanced-scene-switcher.so file in:
"OBS.app/Contents/Plugins/"
and
"~/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/advanced-scene-switcher/bin/"

I also removed the quarantine of advanced-scene-switcher.so using the following command in terminal:

xattr -d com.apple.quarantine ~/Library/Application\ Support/obs-studio/plugins/advanced-scene-switcher/bin/advanced-scene-switcher.so

but nothing worked !!

madk0w

Gotcha!!! So finally got it to work. I re-downloaded advanced-scene-switcher version created April 27th. (I previously had the April 26th version)

Put
advanced-scene-switcher.so
in

ran

sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine ~/Library/Application\ Support/obs-studio/plugins/advanced-scene-switcher/bin/advanced-scene-switcher.so

in terminal,

and "advanced scene switcher" is back in the Tools menu !!!

(with macOS Catalina 10.15.4 and OBS 25.0.8)

v02020

Gotcha!!! So finally got it to work. I re-downloaded advanced-scene-switcher version created April 27th. (I previously had the April 26th version)

Put
advanced-scene-switcher.so
in

ran

sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine ~/Library/Application\ Support/obs-studio/plugins/advanced-scene-switcher/bin/advanced-scene-switcher.so

in terminal,

and "advanced scene switcher" is back in the Tools menu !!!

(with macOS Catalina 10.15.4 and OBS 25.0.8)
I get to "plugins" but don't see "advanced-scene-switcher"... like the instructions say to put it in after "bin"