Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.5

andrescastaned

Hm, very interesting.

It looks like the settings contain two different names for the scenes, for example:
"LOGI_CAM" and "LOGI"
So while the UI gets updated nothing actually gets deleted as no entry for "LOGI" can be found.

Did you ever manually adjust the settings file and reimport it or happen to rename your scenes?

I am very sorry about this and I will try to find a fix for this.
(Storing the scene names twice does not make sense anyways)

To fix your issue for now just import the settings of the attached file.

EDIT:
Yup, looks like renaming scenes can lead to this issue.

Hi

With your file, the problem is resolved ! Thank You

KozmykTunes

Hello,

It looks like this plugin can do what I'm after, but I can't figure out how to use it...

I'd like to stream and record a specific Scene for a specific Profile, every Monday at 7 pm (my local time). The Scene is capturing a specific browser Window on my Desktop. When I'm at my PC I just click on Stream and Record and everything is good. But on Mondays I'm away so I'd like to leave my PC on with all the windows and OBS set up and open, etc, and have the stream and recording start at 7pm and last for one hour.

Could someone please show me what exactly I have to enter in each Tab in the Advanced Scene Switcher to accomplish this automated stream and recording?

Thank you!

OrLoko

I want to setup a simple thing and I'm not sure how to accomplish it.
I have a custom Stinger that I want to use globally, but between Scene "A" and "B"(and vice versa), I want to use "Lume wipe" for example. So I set this* on the Transition tab, I also set a Sequence timer to keep cycling between those scenes.

But I'm noticing that, after the 1st action, the OBS auto changes the default scene transition(Stinger) on the side of the control panel to "Luma Wipe" instead of keeping Stinger...so, if I press any hotkey to simple switch between scenes (or clicking on another scene) it will end up using the Luma Wipe, instead of the Stinger

I really don't mind this part. but What I'm trying to accomplish is that Stinger is going to be the main transition between scenes, expect on scene A to B vice versa. The only way to achieve that is to set all scenes(and which transition it should use) on the settings of the Advanced Scene Switcher ?

Because on the Transition tab, it's says :
The settings below only affect scene transitions caused by the scene switcher and not the ones you are causing manually. Additionally they will take priority over transition settings configured elsewhere in the scene switcher.

Remco

I'm trying to get audio based switching to work, but it won't :(
Just using the input of choice and de scene, setting the % .. and when de level is higher than the % is doesn' t switch .. help?!

Warmuptill

I'm trying to get audio based switching to work, but it won't :(
Just using the input of choice and de scene, setting the % .. and when de level is higher than the % is doesn' t switch .. help?!
Can you please enable verbose logging on the general tab and share the log file?

Edit: Sorry if this is stating the obvious - but did you enable the scene switcher and did you set a reasonable interval on the general tab ?
I have not been able to test this feature much so there could definitely be some issues I did not think about.

Last edited:

KozmykTunes

Hello,

It looks like this plugin can do what I'm after, but I can't figure out how to use it...

I'd like to stream and record a specific Scene for a specific Profile, every Monday at 7 pm (my local time). The Scene is capturing a specific browser Window on my Desktop. When I'm at my PC I just click on Stream and Record and everything is good. But on Mondays I'm away so I'd like to leave my PC on with all the windows and OBS set up and open, etc, and have the stream and recording start at 7pm and last for one hour.

Could someone please show me what exactly I have to enter in each Tab in the Advanced Scene Switcher to accomplish this automated stream and recording?
Thank you!

I think I got it :)

First, since all the windows, Scenes, Profiles, etc, were set, and the time of the recording was my priority, I only set a time condition in the plugin. In the General tab I set Automatically Start - Recording and Streaming on scene MyScene.

Second, click on the Start button on the General tab and then the Close button!! The Plugin window has to be closed so that the conditions take effect!

I don't think there is a way to specify the length of time of Streaming/Recording, or I haven't found it yet.

Good luck :)

KozmykTunes

I think I got it :)

First, since all the windows, Scenes, Profiles, etc, were set, and the time of the recording was my priority, I only set a time condition in the plugin. In the General tab I set Automatically Start - Recording and Streaming on scene MyScene.

Second, click on the Start button on the General tab and then the Close button!! The Plugin window has to be closed so that the conditions take effect!

I don't think there is a way to specify the length of time of Streaming/Recording, or I haven't found it yet.

Good luck :)

I think OBS has to be on a different Scene than the one it should switch to when the time condition comes true.

==

Phibbit

Hi
Is there any way the media tab could use VLC sources as well as just media sources? I know that VLC could contain more than one source which complicates things.

I have started using vlc folders for fixed scene names and just dropping the files I want into the folders which is quicker than setting up new media sources each week and it would be great to be able to switch scenes when the vlc source is finished.

thank,

Phil

Warmuptill

Hi
Is there any way the media tab could use VLC sources as well as just media sources? I know that VLC could contain more than one source which complicates things.

I have started using vlc folders for fixed scene names and just dropping the files I want into the folders which is quicker than setting up new media sources each week and it would be great to be able to switch scenes when the vlc source is finished.

thank,

Phil
Hi,
you can find a test build with this option here:
(64 bit Windows - if you need other platforms also let me know)

Please let me know if this works as expected.
(Sorry, I had no clue this type of source existed)

I thought i posted this but do not see it anywhere. So in the sequence tab, do you think it would be possible to add a "random time" in seconds there? now its like you can set it at 10 s or 30s i want it to be completely random sometimes.

also i am NOT seeing the " day " in the time tab. i have even downloaded the drop box version you last posted with VLC and not sure i even see anything VLC related in there

i just noticed too that the audio settings are no showing hmmmm... suppose i need to delete what i had from b4 and start over?

i did JUST update obs too not sure if that was a reason, kind anew to OBS

Phibbit

Phibbit

Wow 25 minutes after the question and its added, Im impressed!
That seems to be working perfectly for me, thank you so much.
I have spotted one issue (the one I expected), it doesnt affect what I need it for but may do for others. With the VLC source you can add a folder rather than just a file. If there are two clips in the folder then the switcher will switch at the end of the first clip and not wait until the entire playlist is completed.
Again, not a problem for me, this works fine as is, but would be worth pointing out in any release notes.

Phibbit

Sadly, for some unknown reason, using VLC as a source has stopped working completely : (
When I copy the new version back into the plugins folder it worked once and then not a second time.

Warmuptill

Sadly, for some unknown reason, using VLC as a source has stopped working completely : (
When I copy the new version back into the plugins folder it worked once and then not a second time.
Do you mean there are issues with the switching logic or can you not select VLC sources in the Scene Switcher UI?

obsfan5150

Just updated to OBS 26.0 Mac and advanced scene switcher was gone. Downloaded the plugin again, recreated my scenes (Sequences) I wanted to switch as before and they no longer switch.

Warmuptill

Just updated to OBS 26.0 Mac and advanced scene switcher was gone. Downloaded the plugin again, recreated my scenes (Sequences) I wanted to switch as before and they no longer switch.
Did you start the plugin on the general tab?
If so please enable verbose logging on the general tab and send a log file and if possible the settings (export to file).

obsfan5150

Did you start the plugin on the general tab?
If so please enable verbose logging on the general tab and send a log file and if possible the settings (export to file).
Thank you for your help! No I hadn't done that, as I don't seem to recall ever having to do that before. Just tried and now it works. Will I have to do that every time I open OBS?

Warmuptill

Thank you for your help! No I hadn't done that, as I don't seem to recall ever having to do that before. Just tried and now it works. Will I have to do that every time I open OBS?
You can select the behavior of the plugin on the general tab.
It can either ...
  • start automatically
  • be stopped when opening OBS
  • start if it was active when last closing OBS

Phibbit

Do you mean there are issues with the switching logic or can you not select VLC sources in the Scene Switcher UI?
The VLC sources showed up fine. The switching worked fine at first but then stopped completely, copying the plugin again made it work one more time then it stopped again.