Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.5

Warmuptill

The VLC sources showed up fine. The switching worked fine at first but then stopped completely, copying the plugin again made it work one more time then it stopped again.

What exactly are you configuring in your VLC source and the plugin?
(For the latter you could just export the settings on the general tab)
If I know that I can try to reproduce the issue.

Phibbit

What exactly are you configuring in your VLC source and the plugin?
(For the latter you could just export the settings on the general tab)
If I know that I can try to reproduce the issue.
The VLC source is configured to look in a directory as the source rather than just look at the file. This would show up as a source no problem. Then in the media tab I had it set to switch scene with 600ms left to go, it would work for a while and then stop, not sure if the directory part confused it. Sadly I deleted the config so cant upload the export, sorry.

Warmuptill

The VLC source is configured to look in a directory as the source rather than just look at the file. This would show up as a source no problem. Then in the media tab I had it set to switch scene with 600ms left to go, it would work for a while and then stop, not sure if the directory part confused it. Sadly I deleted the config so cant upload the export, sorry.
Thanks, that will probably help me reproduce the issue.

Do you happen to remember which "state" you chose?
With state "playing" it does work as expected while in state "none" it does not, at least with the limited testing done on my end.
Could that have been the issue?

EDIT: If that is the case I should probably add the option to select "any" as a possible state.

Last edited:

Phibbit

Thanks, that will probably help me reproduce the issue.

Do you happen to remember which "state" you chose?
With state "playing" it does work as expected while in state "none" it does not, at least with the limited testing done on my end.
Could that have been the issue?

EDIT: If that is the case I should probably add the option to select "any" as a possible state.

I had it set that when the VLC Video Source is playing and time remaining shorter then 600ms switch to... I havent tried with the state is none as I'd had earlier issues with that, in that if I manually changed scene before the source had finished it would detect that the was a change in the media and switch the scene anyway. Hope this helps, thanks for looking into this.

RonGav

I may be misunderstanding what you're trying to do. But I have personally disabled all default audio inputs and outputs. Then if I need a mic for once scene I just add an audio input capture in the sources for that scene. It doesn't show up in any of my other scenes. Allows me to have a scene without having to mute it, there just isn't an input for the mic on that scene. So you could not add the mic input to the scene you want silent and it will shut off when you switch to it. You may also be able to figure something out with just a standard hotkey to mute. I haven't messed around with automating it, but there is likely a way to use a macro or link the hot key to a transition. Hope this helps or gives you some ideas.
I'm looking for that simple but logical approach as well. Assign audio where you need it, even if it an extra entry to the sources. but the trick is to find where to DISABLE all default audio ins and outs. Is that Adanced audio. I need to look.

Casebreez

I'm looking for that simple but logical approach as well. Assign audio where you need it, even if it an extra entry to the sources. but the trick is to find where to DISABLE all default audio ins and outs. Is that Adanced audio. I need to look.
It's in Audio. Go to Audio then Global Audio Devices and disable them all. You will have to manually add your audio inputs now. (mic, desktop, etc)

AEffigy

Hello, I am a theatre person now using Zoom for digital productions. We use scenes sequentially in our trade, and this plugin is helping me a lot. I have a question though. Is there a way to add a macro to the custom transition? I use snapcam for some costumes and effects, and it would help my actors a lot if when they hit the "next scene" button It could have the transition keypress the hotkeys I've set in snapcam.
Thank you for this awesome plugin, and for any help!

Lawrence_SoCal

What I've seen is using one of the Resource plug-ins which is to add support for a command line source to a scene (ie, transition to scene, and a with the right plug-in, you now have the ability to execute a command line).

AEffigy

So I've got the plugin working, but I know next to nothing of the script language. What would my syntax be for the keypress?

I installed the Advanced Scene Switcher and was amazed at what it can do. However I noticed that I could not enter more than 6 scene changes. I tried to add more from within the plug in, but it would not let me. I exported a Round Trip text file, edited it manually to included 5 more transitions, imported it back in to OBS using the plug in, but it would not recognize the additional scene switching commands.

Is there any way to expand the number of scene changes from 6?

Warmuptill

I installed the Advanced Scene Switcher and was amazed at what it can do. However I noticed that I could not enter more than 6 scene changes. I tried to add more from within the plug in, but it would not let me. I exported a Round Trip text file, edited it manually to included 5 more transitions, imported it back in to OBS using the plug in, but it would not recognize the additional scene switching commands.

Is there any way to expand the number of scene changes from 6?
Do you have more than 6 scenes?
The plugin will only ever be able to execute one rule for a given start scene.

Let's say you have Scene A and B.
You could only have these rules:
A -> wait x -> B
B -> wait y -> A

But not:
A wait x -> B
A wait z -> B
B wait y -> A

As only one "A -> ..." rule would actually work.
When trying to enter "A -> wait z -> B" and "A -> wait x -> B" already exists, "A -> wait x -> B" will be overwritten by "A -> wait z -> B".

With that being said I am trying to update the UI of the scene switcher plugin which would allow you to enter both "A" cases but only the first entry in the list would ever be chosen.
A build with this the updated UI would be available here:
(You might have to be logged in to download the artifacts)
But be warned, that the build might still be a bit unstable, as it is not yet fully tested.

GabiDG

Hello, I just installed OBS (with Advanced Scene Switcher 1.7) on my new Windows computer and I ran in all sort of troubles. Afterwards I copied the old advanced-scene-switcher.dll from the old computer (I wish I knew which version it is - probably one from June) and that one works perfectly.
Issues I encountered with version 1.7
- "Task Switching" and "OBS" in widow title matching do not work any more (nothing happens when Alt-Tab, for example)
- the Full Screen and Focused conditions in window title matching do not seem to be respected at least for OneNote; it will always switch the scene when OneNote is opened, regardless of whether is in focus and/or full screen.
As I already wrote, the old version has not trouble (well it does not have the focus option at all, so I cannot claim is does the focus condition...)
I think I also had a few more crashes when closing OBS while version 1.7 dll was installed, but I am not very sure about that.
I wish I could send you a debug log, but while I know how to enable it, I do not know where the log is located.
Thank you for the outstanding work! I wish I could use version 1.7!

GabiDG

I found a partial solution by adding both dll to OBS (I just renamed the new one to advanced-scene-switcher17.dll).

"Task Switching" works, probably triggered by the old dll.
I think version 1.7 instead of detecting Full Screen Mode (what you get if you press F11 in many Windows programs, for example Chrome) it detects when the windows is maximized. The old version properly detects Full Screen Mode.
So far I plan to use both versions: the old one for Task Switching and Full Screen mode, and the new one for scene sequences together with automatic recording when one of the scenes in the sequence appears. I'll never forget to record one of my lectures again!

Warmuptill

I found a partial solution by adding both dll to OBS (I just renamed the new one to advanced-scene-switcher17.dll).

"Task Switching" works, probably triggered by the old dll.
I think version 1.7 instead of detecting Full Screen Mode (what you get if you press F11 in many Windows programs, for example Chrome) it detects when the windows is maximized. The old version properly detects Full Screen Mode.
So far I plan to use both versions: the old one for Task Switching and Full Screen mode, and the new one for scene sequences together with automatic recording when one of the scenes in the sequence appears. I'll never forget to record one of my lectures again!
The fullscreen / maximized behavior was indeed changed a while back to align the behavior of the plugin on the different platforms and to enable matching maximized windows.
I added the option to differentiate between maximized / fullscreen on a development build a while ago as it was requested on github.
But this was not yet released "officially".

You can find a recent build here:
But as mentioned in an earlier comment these builds might be a bit unstable.
(Also, this maximized feature will not be supported on MacOS - this will not affect you on windows of course)

I am not sure what changed regarding the "Task Switching".
I will investigate - so thank you for reporting that there is an issue!

EDIT: The issue regarding "Task Switching" seems to be that windows with the "WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW" property were filtered.
I think the intention was to not show these types of windows in the window selection drop down selectin, as they do not necessarily have a visible name.
EDIT2: Updated the link above to point to a build where the "Task Switching" issue should be resolved.

Last edited:

GabiDG

EDIT2: Updated the link above to point to a build where the "Task Switching" issue should be resolved.
This version works fine except one thing: it does not detect when OneNote for Windows 10 is full screen. The June version had no trouble with it.

Last edited:

GabiDG

I should have said that it detects fine when Chrome or Powerpoint is full screen, but not when OneNote for Windows 10 is full screen.

GabiDG

it seems Advanced Scene Switcher does not see at all OneNote when it is full screen, so it won't trigger with any combination of focus/maxed/fullscreen. Even when all three are unchecked.

Warmuptill

it seems Advanced Scene Switcher does not see at all OneNote when it is full screen, so it won't trigger with any combination of focus/maxed/fullscreen. Even when all three are unchecked.
I quickly set up OneNote and did some tests:
It seems that OneNote in fullscreen mode actually changes its window name compared to running in maximized / regular mode.
The new window name is displayed in the top left corner of OneNote and should start by the name of the notebook followed by additional information about what you are currently editing.

The reason why this now a problem compared to previous versions of the plugin is because with the introduction of the "is focused" option the fullscreen check now takes the window title into account instead of just looking at the front most window to do its window size check.

You could solve this problem by just matching the title of your notebook "<Your name here>'s Notebook.*" or something of that sort.

The reason why this window does not show up in the window selection drop down is because certain types of windows are filtered as otherwise you would have many many useless entries like "Default IME", "SystemResourceNotifyWindow", ... which would add hundreds of unnecessary entries.

Let me know if that works for you or if you encounter any issues.

GabiDG

You could solve this problem by just matching the title of your notebook "<Your name here>'s Notebook.*" or something of that sort.
Let me know if that works for you or if you encounter any issues.
I actually tried that (even with ".*Notebook.*", and also simply with ".*OneNote.*"), but I am completely unable to trigger a scene change with OneNote in full screen more. Not even when focus, maximized, and fullscreen checkboxes are all off.
I have to use Automatic Scene Switcher to trigger OneNote, even thou I would like to trigger on fullscreen mode only.
For what's worth, I tried to use the window name reported by Window Spy from AutoHotkey, with the same lack of success.

Last edited: