Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.4

DOLF

Hello. There was a problem with saving hotkeys to enable and disable automatic scene switching. That is, I assign hotkeys, and everything works, but after restarting OBS they are not saved (((
Безымянный.png
Screenshot_61.png

Warmuptill

Hello. There was a problem with saving hotkeys to enable and disable automatic scene switching. That is, I assign hotkeys, and everything works, but after restarting OBS they are not saved (((
View attachment 62659View attachment 62661
There was a problem in the previous versions of the plugin that required you to use the hotkeys at least once for them to be saved, which should (hopefully) have been resolved with the most recent update.

Which version of the plugin are you using?

If you are using the latest version of the plugin what are the exact steps to reproduce this behavior?

THE R3Y3S

Man btw now i have another problem. I play league of legends, and have 2 executable file, 1 for the client and 1 in game, when i try to swap to ingame, obs remains on client scene....

THE R3Y3S

Uhm i just enable "scene transitions defined in the..." from transition tab and now works... I don't know why. Btw on sequence time is set to 0 to every scene, so i think there's a bug when import old sequence from the old version

Warmuptill

Uhm i just enable "scene transitions defined in the..." from transition tab and now works... I don't know why. Btw on sequence time is set to 0 to every scene, so i think there's a bug when import old sequence from the old version
Thanks for reporting the problem!
I will try to investigate it later today.

EDIT: I can't seem to reproduce the issue with the "old sequence from old version".
How old is the version you are referring to? (I tested with 1.7)
Would you be able to share the settings file you tried to import?

During my investigations I found a potential crash when importing scene sequences if a scene sequence was currently in progress.
Maybe that caused the issue?

> Man btw now i have another problem. I play league of legends, and have 2 executable file, 1 for the client and 1 in game, when i try to swap to ingame, obs remains on client scene....
> hm i just enable "scene transitions defined in the..." from transition tab and now works...

I cannot explain this behaviour at all unfortunately.

Did you maybe just add these new entries to the window tab?
If no scene or no transition transition is selected for a particular entry - meaning that "select scene" or "select transition" is the currently active selection - then this entry will be ignored.

Last edited:

Seigrom

Good!. In advance, thanks for the recent plugin update and for listening to our voice. We are experiencing some problems: In MEDIA, when setting the parameter "when xx is endend and none switch to xx using xx", it performs its task, but when wanting to manually switch another scene, it instantly detects that the video is in finished mode and jumps to the selected scene in that parameter, without letting me choose any other scene. Thank you in advance for the great work!

attached configuration file

Attachments

• CONFIG 001.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 29

Warmuptill

Good!. In advance, thanks for the recent plugin update and for listening to our voice. We are experiencing some problems: In MEDIA, when setting the parameter "when xx is endend and none switch to xx using xx", it performs its task, but when wanting to manually switch another scene, it instantly detects that the video is in finished mode and jumps to the selected scene in that parameter, without letting me choose any other scene. Thank you in advance for the great work!

attached configuration file
The problem here is that this is exactly working as specified.
If you manually switch away from the scene currently playing the media source, the playback of the media source will end, thus the scene switch will be activated.
You could work around this by also using the time restriction options.
Unfortunately I cannot give you an example as I cannot test it at the moment.

DOLF

There was a problem in the previous versions of the plugin that required you to use the hotkeys at least once for them to be saved, which should (hopefully) have been resolved with the most recent update.

Which version of the plugin are you using?

If you are using the latest version of the plugin what are the exact steps to reproduce this behavior?
Yes, I am using the latest version of the plugin, I tried to reinstall it in advance and did not help. In general, I elementarily put the bind of hot keys to activate random scene switching, apply the settings, try to press, everything is activated and works. After restarting the obs, the hotkeys for your plugin disappear and are not saved. The other hotkeys that I configured for the scenes, for example, remain and are saved.

DOLF

Yes, I am using the latest version of the plugin, I tried to reinstall it in advance and did not help. In general, I elementarily put the bind of hot keys to activate random scene switching, apply the settings, try to press, everything is activated and works. After restarting the obs, the hotkeys for your plugin disappear and are not saved. The other hotkeys that I configured for the scenes, for example, remain and are saved.
Everything, figured it out. I just updated the plugin incorrectly, after a successful update everything is saved! Thank you for your help and your efforts in creating and developing this plugin! Good luck)))

DOLF

Hello again) I found a bug in the latest version of the plugin, everything is said in the screenshot
Screenshot_ццц43.png

Similar to the previous post, from @mknejp, I also need
  • A way to force the state of the switcher to be Active or Inactive.
  • But more so, I want to trigger the state via Vbscript, or at least READ the current state -- is there any documentation available?

Last edited:

Warmuptill

Similar to the previous post, from @mknejp, I also need
  • A way to force the state of the switcher to be Active or Inactive.
  • But more so, I want to trigger the state via Vbscript, or at least READ the current state -- is there any documentation available?
I am not sure if I found the correct post, but the option to force certain startup behavior was implemented already and can be configured on the general tab. (Does this work as expected?)

You could parse the current state from the OBS log file as the scene switcher will log a message if it is stopped or started.
Changing the state externally is currently not possible unless you simulate key presses to use the OBS hotkey.

...You could parse the current state from the OBS log file as the scene switcher will log a message if it is stopped or started.
Changing the state externally is currently not possible unless you simulate key presses to use the OBS hotkey.

Can you give me a clue as to what to look for in the log file? I am not seeing such a reference.

To confirm, log file I found is in this path: C:\Program Files\obs-studio\config\obs-studio\logs

Is that correct?

Can you give me a clue as to what to look for in the log file? I am not seeing such a reference.

To confirm, log file I found is in this path: C:\Program Files\obs-studio\config\obs-studio\logs

Is that correct?

Never mind... found it:

13:32:41.352: [adv-ss] stopped
13:33:15.815: [adv-ss] started

(it helped to install the latest version, as the version I had was not logging anything)

Hey @Warmuptill --

I have been trying to get something to work for me over the last several days, and not able to get there yet:

• I am trying to at least add an indicator to an OBS browser page that will show the status of the auto-switching with HTML text/image, or allow the user to switch the status with an HTML switch.
HTML Indicator example:​
obs html indicator.png

HTML Switch example:​

obs html switch.png

• An HTML indicator would have to be able to monitor the OBS Hotkey.
  • An HTML switch would have to be able to trigger the OBS Hotkey.
  • I have had some success in adding the HTML switch, and getting it to respond to the OBS Hotkey, but the HTML window itself has to be the active window -- as in, the user has to click the mouse inside the HTML window before pressing the OBS Hotkey.
  • I have had some success with triggering the OBS Hotkey from a script using SendKeys in a vbscript. It works _sometimes_.... as it seems there may be an issue as to whether or not OBS is seen as the "active window".
  • I have tried using "watch folder" utility to monitor the OBS log folder, so the HTML indicator could be refreshed to reflect the true status. However, it seems the OBS log file doesn't actually get updated in real time... seems to be minutes instead of seconds.
    • Is it possible you could write out a simple one-line log file that merely indicates the current status of the auto-switching?
    • If so, it would be much easier to monitor, and get the HTML indicator refreshed.

Any other ideas, I would greatly appreciate.

Warmuptill

Hey @Warmuptill --

I have been trying to get something to work for me over the last several days, and not able to get there yet:

• I am trying to at least add an indicator to an OBS browser page that will show the status of the auto-switching with HTML text/image, or allow the user to switch the status with an HTML switch.
HTML Indicator example:​

HTML Switch example:​

• An HTML indicator would have to be able to monitor the OBS Hotkey.
  • An HTML switch would have to be able to trigger the OBS Hotkey.
  • I have had some success in adding the HTML switch, and getting it to respond to the OBS Hotkey, but the HTML window itself has to be the active window -- as in, the user has to click the mouse inside the HTML window before pressing the OBS Hotkey.
  • I have had some success with triggering the OBS Hotkey from a script using SendKeys in a vbscript. It works _sometimes_.... as it seems there may be an issue as to whether or not OBS is seen as the "active window".
  • I have tried using "watch folder" utility to monitor the OBS log folder, so the HTML indicator could be refreshed to reflect the true status. However, it seems the OBS log file doesn't actually get updated in real time... seems to be minutes instead of seconds.
    • Is it possible you could write out a simple one-line log file that merely indicates the current status of the auto-switching?
    • If so, it would be much easier to monitor, and get the HTML indicator refreshed.

Any other ideas, I would greatly appreciate.

I am not familiar with the "watch folder" utility and the "SendKeys" functionality in vbscript.
For me the OBS log is updated right away, but maybe there is some sort of buffering going on your system.

You can find a build of the plugin that let's you chose a file on the general tab to print the current status to a file here:
If you want more details on what I did you can check out the changes here:
Maybe that helps you in adding the functionality that you need :)

I am not sure yet if I will add this to the plugin officially as I do not think there is much demand for it - but maybe I am wrong here.

Last edited:

rockymania

Hello, i want to switch scene if a file was modified, for testing i added following rule:

Switch to Testbild using Schnitt if G:/Streamlabs/Streamlabs Chatbot/Services/Twitch/Files/ExtraLife.txt was modified and contains (RegEx):
".*"

This works only on obs start, how can i get working this automatically at file change everytime? It seems the file modification will not monitored.

Thanks for your Help :)

1605525110364.png

rockymania

Edit: After 14 Minutes and 20 Seconds Scene will switch, how can i decrease time?
This is my general Setting for checking conditions

1605527752059.png