Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.3

madk0w

I get to "plugins" but don't see "advanced-scene-switcher"... like the instructions say to put it in after "bin"
you have to create the last two folders /advanced-scene-switcher/bin/ and put advanced-scene-switcher.so in the bin folder

unlimitedsounds

I just tried to use ADVANCED SCENE SWITCHER on 24.0.6 HIGH SIERRA MAC and it crashes OBS as soon as I select it. All I want to do it switch between 2 scenes (cameras) after specific time...

WoddySSS

hi need help ide. I want to make sure that after the appearance of the signal in the VLC automatically switches to this scene (For example: I stream from the phone to the obs, and suddenly the connection disappears, and this plugin switches to the scene where it’s written that the stream will resume soon, when the connection appears back, the plugin should return back to the previous scene). Google translator:D

Sweatymunter

Hiya, thanks for the plugin, got it installed with no issues. Im trying to figure out if its capable of doing the below scene switching.

I have a Main scene and 19 separate scenes each containing a single short visual video, Ideally, I'd like to be able to get the switcher to swtich from

Main - Random from scene list of vids - Main on repeat

Is this possible? or is there a way that it can do it without the other 19 scenes being in random order ?

thanks!

Brotuulaan

I'm getting a crash any time I switch scene collections while this plugin is installed. I pulled the .dll file out of the x64 folder and restarted OBS (the crash log pointed there as the fault address), and it switched just fine. Is anyone else currently experiencing this?

***EDIT***
Hm. I just stuck it back in, and now it's switching just fine. It crashed 4 times in a row before I checked the log, and now it's switched 3 times in a row in the blink of an eye...
***/EDIT***

gehric

Hi All, I do extremely long streams, is there a way to set a time for when to switch to another scene, not relying on the timer
for example switch to scene 2 at 6.17am then switch to Scene 3 at 7.14am
That's putting a clock in place of the timer or some sort of drop down box

Sharper

Hey,

Is it possible to switch to preview somehow? Let's say I want to play a Video and once it ends, it goes to whatever window I have in the Preview (Studio Mode)

Cheers

pythros

Hey there,

Couple of things.

1. Could it be possible to get an option/feature to automatically switch scenes when the clock, not timer, reaches a certain time, please? Even down to the second? I'm trying to coordinate with a live audience by having an intro video for the stream that needs to start at very specific time. Ideally I would love to do this with a timecode system by neighed OBS or my other presentation software support the use of timecode.

2. I've been testing this on my Windows system for gaming, but, one of my clients uses a Mac for their system. I installed it like normal to the plugins folder, go to Tools -> Advance Scene Switcher and OBS crashes. I have never been able to get in to set parameters. I've attached the dump in a text file. Also, I looked through the plugin file you included via TextEdit and noticed a few lines refer to your user "Till" locations. I wonder if this has anything to do with the crash since it is trying to locate a "symbol"

Code:
Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x4] Symbol missing

Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: _obs_source_media_get_state
  Referenced from: /Applications/OBS 2.app/Contents/Plugins/advanced-scene-switcher.so
  Expected in: /Applications/OBS 2.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libobs.0.dylib

Thank you for your time!

Attachments

• obsdump-advance.txt
    104.5 KB · Views: 38

Warmuptill

Hey there,

Couple of things.

1. Could it be possible to get an option/feature to automatically switch scenes when the clock, not timer, reaches a certain time, please? Even down to the second? I'm trying to coordinate with a live audience by having an intro video for the stream that needs to start at very specific time. Ideally I would love to do this with a timecode system by neighed OBS or my other presentation software support the use of timecode.

2. I've been testing this on my Windows system for gaming, but, one of my clients uses a Mac for their system. I installed it like normal to the plugins folder, go to Tools -> Advance Scene Switcher and OBS crashes. I have never been able to get in to set parameters. I've attached the dump in a text file. Also, I looked through the plugin file you included via TextEdit and noticed a few lines refer to your user "Till" locations. I wonder if this has anything to do with the crash since it is trying to locate a "symbol"

Code:
Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x4] Symbol missing

Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: _obs_source_media_get_state
  Referenced from: /Applications/OBS 2.app/Contents/Plugins/advanced-scene-switcher.so
  Expected in: /Applications/OBS 2.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libobs.0.dylib

Thank you for your time!
The issue seems to be related to "_obs_source_media_get_state".
Which Version of OBS are you using?
If it is older than OBS 25 you will have to use an older version of the plugin.

MYKOOL

Hi,
I'm currently doing DJ livestreams and want the stream to be more dynamic so I have 3 Scenes that I cycle through, each scene holds for 6 seconds before cutting to the next - but I'd also like a fourth scene to cut every 3 minutes and hold for 30 seconds before switching back to Scene 1 - I can't seem to work out how to do this?
So far I have the 3 scenes switching automatically working correctly, but I can't seem to get this 4th scene working. I though of adding it to the randomiser but I don't know how to configure it correctly. Anyone able to help with this?

djalragone44

Hi all.... apologies if this was discussed before, new user. Running OS X 10.12.6 (Sierra) - the highest I can go on this 2011 iMac. I'm running OBS 24.0.6 - it's working perfectly. When I follow the instructions on the website with the Advanced Scene Switcher plugin (and the directions in the readme.txt) - it shows up fine in my software but when I try launching it, it constantly crashes my software. Any ideas?

pythros

The issue seems to be related to "_obs_source_media_get_state".
Which Version of OBS are you using?
If it is older than OBS 25 you will have to use an older version of the plugin.

Aha. We were indeed they were on 24. Updating it to 25 resolved it. Thanks. Any chance on the feature request in point 1?

@djalragone44 see above.

IsaiahFoster

I recently added the advance scene switcher. I added my media (video) and for some reason the timer is off by 17 seconds compared to the actual video time. Why is my video transitioning to the next scene earlier than the video being completed? The seconds are aligned with the video. Is there a button to allow the video to automatically play out and transition without adding the seconds in?

EmotionFox

Hello Wapuptill thanks you very much for this plugin which should definitly be implemented in OBS as default, but I cannot manage to use different transitions when I switch to "scene1" to "scene2" or "scene1" to "scene3" or even "scene2" to "scene1" manually or with the shortcut for exemple, is it even possible with your plugin ? If no why does the "Transitions" tab only affect the "automated" scene switchs caused by your plugin ?

I whis so much that I could automatically switch the transition depending on which scene I'm and wich scene I target to switch :C Thanks again if you could answer me.

Warmuptill

Hello Wapuptill thanks you very much for this plugin which should definitly be implemented in OBS as default, but I cannot manage to use different transitions when I switch to "scene1" to "scene2" or "scene1" to "scene3" or even "scene2" to "scene1" manually or with the shortcut for exemple, is it even possible with your plugin ? If no why does the "Transitions" tab only affect the "automated" scene switchs caused by your plugin ?

I whis so much that I could automatically switch the transition depending on which scene I'm and wich scene I target to switch :C Thanks again if you could answer me.
Have a look at this plug-in:

I think it should do exactly what you are looking for.

EmotionFox

Have a look at this plug-in:

I think it should do exactly what you are looking for.

Thank you so much, this is exactly what I was looking for indeed, finnaly I can make my stream look like a point and click on switching from different scene :D

gjrowe

I tried installing on my Mac and get this error...
“advanced-scene-switcher.so” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.
...what is the work around?

Can you add scheduled scene switcher?
For example, switch to scene B at 19:00 and at 20:30 switch to scene C. Also, when Advanced scene switcher is active, I cannot switch to another scene. I think it's a bug.

Warmuptill

I tried installing on my Mac and get this error...
“advanced-scene-switcher.so” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.
...what is the work around?
Where do you see this error? In the OBS logs?
Does this help?
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine ~/Library/Application\ Support/obs-studio/plugins/advanced-scene-switcher/bin/advanced-scene-switcher.so

Can you add scheduled scene switcher?
For example, switch to scene B at 19:00 and at 20:30 switch to scene C. Also, when Advanced scene switcher is active, I cannot switch to another scene. I think it's a bug.
I have prepared adding this functionality - I will send you a pre release version.
Regarding the latter point - Depends on how you have configured the scene switcher, so I cannot say if it is a bug or not.