Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.26.4

Igor S

I ran into another issue, I use controller akai apc40 to run ableton, but when I launch the software - advanced scene switcher stops responding, and vise versa, when advanced scene switcher is running - akai apc40 does not catchup with ableton... Is it impossible to run them both simultaneously?

AaronD

I ran into another issue, I use controller akai apc40 to run ableton, but when I launch the software - advanced scene switcher stops responding, and vise versa, when advanced scene switcher is running - akai apc40 does not catchup with ableton... Is it impossible to run them both simultaneously?
If they both receive MIDI, do they both grab exclusive control of that MIDI input? If so, then you have the same problem that sound and video used to have (video still does on Windows), where the first device to ask for it gets it, and everything else is either denied or gets an easy-to-generate blank stream. This leads to all kinds of tricks, and routing between apps, to get everything to where it needs to go while technically satisfying the exclusivity rule.

If all you need in Adv. SS is a button or two, can you use hotkeys instead of MIDI? Then the MIDI controller goes to the DAW. There are USB numpads available, that might fit next to the MIDI controller, but keep in mind that your normal keyboard will also have the same hotkeys. It's not specific to the physical keyboard.

Which version of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable did you install?
Did you also install the 32bit version? (Just in case)
You can check this in the "Add or remove programs" dialog of Windows.

If you don't rely on the "Video" condition type you can ignore this message / disable the warning on the General tab.
Version 1.23.3 did not contain the "Video" condition type at all by accident and this is likely why you don't see those issues in that version.

If you do need the "Video" condition type but cannot update the Redistributable you can instead install version 1.26.2 of the plugin.

I apologize about this mess!
Unfortunately, I cannot control which version of the Redistributable is installed in the Windows runner images on GitHub used to build the plugin.
I believe the recent OBS beta releases also faced the same issues and will prompt you to install the most recent version of the Redistributable:
I don't use the "video" condition type. I don't see this "video" condition type in the list either.
1719437909525.png

1719436215765.png

As you can see I have installed the latest versions.

I haven't had any issues with the ASS-plugin version 1.26.4. That's why I hadn't mentioned it yet. But because Igor S mentioned it and you came up with the same solution that you gave me last month, I thought I should respond anyway.

The only issue I had with the plugin was last saterday. I disabled the plugin (due to conflicting macros) last Saturday and later I enabled it again. At that last moment OBS Studio crashed during livestream. I have attached the crash report.

No need for apologizing. You're doing a great job by making this very usefull plugin. Thanks for all your efforts.

Attachments

• Crash 2024-06-22 12-42-27.txt
    150 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: