Advanced Scene Switcher

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.27.2

GM_Rod

Hi there!
I've been using the plugin for a lot of stuff. AMAZING, thank you.
But today I tried to use it to auto-change Twitch category, but it can't get the token...
I click Connect Account and it looks like it'll work, I get the Twitch token page, click authorize...
But then it fails to get the token.
@FiniteSingularity seems to think it's because it might be using the same port as something else on my machine.
Perhaps Streamer.bot? It's the only thing I can think of that's also running here that could be doing this.
Help...

May have a bug? I have a group with 31 media sources, a script running so that only 1 source can be active/shown at a time. Attempting to work on the ducking again, so created a condition if media, any media source on groupname, soon as I selected that
group OBS went into hang mode... 99% cpu 99% memory (i have 64gb ram installed) bunch of browser page.exe's open(ive counted 25, I don't know if its the media/meme popups i have doing that, i doubt its adv-ss), I believe this is the same issue I had before in the obs discord, had that condition saved then obs would lock up every time you start it, took me a few hours to figure out it was adv-ss causing it. I ended up deleting the main settings file to fix it, then re load an old backup... again... ;) I had that condition for awhile, but just recently loaded in a bunch more memes, used to only be like 7-8 when it didn't hang...

also had a question, when everything is normal I'm noticing some weird behavior... for example: some sources have my social banner at the top, some at the bottom, sometimes, no matter what I do, it wants to go to the bottom, then move back up top, but I don't have it going to the bottom anywhere in another macro under that scene/source scenario, it drives me nuts, i get a lot of delayed reactions, fully loaded scenes/sources, things out of place till adv-ss catches up and moves things into place, like 1-3 mins late sometimes... I set condition check to 40ms, is that too quick? Making it lag?

fencer

Hello
obs_macro_file_append_date_to_text.png

I would like to add date & time to text output to some log file using File condition.
What sintaksis should I use to do it?

Warmuptill

If you look at the screen shot you can currently select to run the then or the else actions regardless of the macros condition, the condition is not evaluated. Sure you pfaff around with pauses and unpauses but why not add a more direct and typical programming solution.
Just below the macro selection you should have option to select that the macro should only be ran when its (or another macros) conditions evaluate to “true“.

Unfortunately I can’t share a screenshot at the moment as I don’t have access to my PC / only have very limited internet access.

Warmuptill

Hi there!
I've been using the plugin for a lot of stuff. AMAZING, thank you.
But today I tried to use it to auto-change Twitch category, but it can't get the token...
I click Connect Account and it looks like it'll work, I get the Twitch token page, click authorize...
But then it fails to get the token.
@FiniteSingularity seems to think it's because it might be using the same port as something else on my machine.
Perhaps Streamer.bot? It's the only thing I can think of that's also running here that could be doing this.
Help...
This part of the discussion thread might help you figure out which price is blocking the port 8080.

Sorry for not being able to help further at the moment. :(
I have just released a new version which does include the necessary binaries once again.
However, it might still be necessary that you install the latest release of the the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, which can be found here.

That either means that you have some sort of firewall in place which prevents binding to that port or something is already using that port.
You might be able to find out which process is using this port by running netstat -a -b.

If you can't figure out what the issue is we can also try to modify your settings file and manually enter the token there.
Feel free to contact me directly in this case (just to avoid accidentally leaking your token here).
HelloView attachment 105491
I would like to add date & time to text output to some log file using File condition.
What sintaksis should I use to do it?
You will have to set up variables containing the date, which you can then use in the File action .
Here is an example / hopefully this will help:

Last edited:

GM_Rod

Yep, as I suspected, it's Streamer.Bot.
So if I tell SB to use a different port, will it work?
Am I going to break other stuff doing this?
Or...
Can I just stop the server, do the token and then restart it?
1721492254925.png

Warmuptill

Yep, as I suspected, it's Streamer.Bot.
So if I tell SB to use a different port, will it work?
Am I going to break other stuff doing this?
Or...
Can I just stop the server, do the token and then restart it?
View attachment 105544
Just stopping the server temporarily while you setup the token should suffice.
Once that is done you can start the SB server again / advanced scene switcher won’t need that port afterwards.

Mujahid

Hey, thank you for making this plugin, i use version 1.26.4.

Is it possible to use the 'File' option to select a Python script to allow the plugin to switch scenes if the python output gives a value of 1?

1721492765928.png

1721492811594.png

AaronD

Hey, thank you for making this plugin, i use version 1.26.4.

Is it possible to use the 'File' option to select a Python script to allow the plugin to switch scenes if the python output gives a value of 1?

View attachment 105545
View attachment 105547
I can't answer your question, but I do know that it's more nuanced than that.

From your example script, you're asking about reading stdout as text. There's also stderr, and a few others that only have numbers: 1 = stdout, 2 = stderr, 3-9 are just those numbers. And there's the return value or exit code (two names for the same thing), which there's only one of and can only be a number, not text. All of those would be useful.

I don't use the "video" condition type. I don't see this "video" condition type in the list either.
View attachment 104941
View attachment 104940
As you can see I have installed the latest versions.

I haven't had any issues with the ASS-plugin version 1.26.4. That's why I hadn't mentioned it yet. But because Igor S mentioned it and you came up with the same solution that you gave me last month, I thought I should respond anyway.

The only issue I had with the plugin was last saterday. I disabled the plugin (due to conflicting macros) last Saturday and later I enabled it again. At that last moment OBS Studio crashed during livestream. I have attached the crash report.

No need for apologizing. You're doing a great job by making this very usefull plugin. Thanks for all your efforts.
I found the solution by deleting a few msvcp-files in the folder 64-bit as suggested by R1CH. Because I had the same issue (error message) when I started the new version of OBS Studio 30.2.0 in portable mode, I searched for an solution in the forum and I found it here:
Make sure you don't have random msvcp files in your obs-studio/bin/64bit folder.
Now I don't receive error messages when I start OBS Studio 30.2.0 and also not when I go to Advanced Scene Switcher.
I can also see for example the "video" condition type.

Attachments

• MSVCP-files.png
    MSVCP-files.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 9

Gareth Allen

I'm wondering if there is a way to set a variable to be the value of a text source. Currently using an API plugin to periodically update text sources in certain scenes.

I was thinking I could automate it so when the API changes these text values I would have a macro that checks that the saved variable and text source no longer match, show a scene, then sets the variables to the contents of the updated text source.

I've managed to figure out the condition side of this using the 'Setting value matches' functionality (and doing a NOT check) but can't figure out if the setting of the variable side is possible. I've looked at the Variable options and nothing is jumping out at me!

Thanks!

AaronD

I'm wondering if there is a way to set a variable to be the value of a text source. Currently using an API plugin to periodically update text sources in certain scenes.

I was thinking I could automate it so when the API changes these text values I would have a macro that checks that the saved variable and text source no longer match, show a scene, then sets the variables to the contents of the updated text source.

I've managed to figure out the condition side of this using the 'Setting value matches' functionality (and doing a NOT check) but can't figure out if the setting of the variable side is possible. I've looked at the Variable options and nothing is jumping out at me!

Thanks!
It requires an Action to set the variable - a Condition won't do it. Are you asking how to get the value that the Condition saw?

Gareth Allen

You know what, i've done what I needed to do without the use of variables. Condition check if 'settings value changed' does what I wanted to do for me. Fantastic tool it really is!

jeffhippauf

Flatpak Plugins not loading in OBS 30.2.1​

Since updating to OBS 30.2.1 and opening OBS, no plugins that were previously installed are showing. I have a flatpak installation on Zorin OS. Only think that has changed from a couple weeks ago to now was the OBS update.

To find my plugins folder to go to File>Show Settings Folder which is /home/[user]/.var/app/com.obsproject.Studio/config/obs-studio/plugin-config/. In this folder I see all of my plugin files that I have previously installed with all of the logs, exports, etc. still saved in there however, they are not showing in OBS. Please help, this is a nightmare and software engineers are really messed up.

Attachments

• 2024-07-23 17-20-54.txt
    18 KB · Views: 9

AaronD

Flatpak Plugins not loading in OBS 30.2.1​

Since updating to OBS 30.2.1 and opening OBS, no plugins that were previously installed are showing. I have a flatpak installation on Zorin OS. Only think that has changed from a couple weeks ago to now was the OBS update.

To find my plugins folder to go to File>Show Settings Folder which is /home/[user]/.var/app/com.obsproject.Studio/config/obs-studio/plugin-config/. In this folder I see all of my plugin files that I have previously installed with all of the logs, exports, etc. still saved in there however, they are not showing in OBS. Please help, this is a nightmare and software engineers are really messed up.
I think this is better posted as a new thread in the Linux subforum. This thread is about a specific plugin, regardless of OS.

But generally, flatpak, snap, and other containers are not very well compatible with OBS anyway. Only use them if you absolutely have to. Install natively instead. Not only do containers make plugins a mess, but their intentional design is counter to what OBS needs to really work well.

Containers are sandboxes. Few things get in, and few things get out. This intentional lack of connection caters to a security mindset, with standalone apps that don't need much connection. OBS needs access to all kinds of system resources, like cameras, audio, etc. It can be made to work, but you have a bunch of hoops to jump through, and by the time it does, you've effectively negated all the benefits of the container while keeping most of its drawbacks.

Besides, live media and security/privacy are kinda opposites of each other anyway. You're like a giant billboard that says, "Look at me! I'm over here! And I'm spewing information!"
(Don't have anything private on your streaming rig, especially not in a form that allows it to appear by accident while you're live! But if you don't have it on there at all, then of course it can't appear, not even by accident.)

Anyway, don't use containers. Flatpak, snap, etc. Always install OBS natively if at all possible.

we need to create a search function or something... i believe ive perfected my macros, but if I sit there for 5-6 mins, something triggers that shouldnt be, doesnt highlight, actions are not something id create, I cant figure out why its happening, wish i could search for the action, because if its there, ive freaking hidden it WELL. Gone over my macro 100's of times and cant find it. - mostly venting, but would be usefull

AaronD

we need to create a search function or something... i believe ive perfected my macros, but if I sit there for 5-6 mins, something triggers that shouldnt be, doesnt highlight, actions are not something id create, I cant figure out why its happening, wish i could search for the action, because if its there, ive freaking hidden it WELL. Gone over my macro 100's of times and cant find it. - mostly venting, but would be usefull
Would it help to create a document like this (attached) for your rig? *Always* keep an *exact* match between it and all of your macros, and do your first round of troubleshooting in there. It's helped me a lot, because I can see a lot at once, in a way that's easy to see connections and interactions.

Attachments

• Macros.pdf
    40.1 KB · Views: 16

Hemux

AaronD, sorry for the late reply, I realize I forgot to give you an update: thank you very much for all the input, but in the end I found an other (easier?) solution, I removed many of my macros and I just started using Streamer bot. The tool makes my life much easier! Cheers anyway for the help.

KensonPlays

Is the plugin completely broken on 30.2.2?

It is only like half working. I want it to switch to 'intermission' when I'm in a group waiting to load into a boss. It seems to pick up the 'in group' shot fine and switches to 'intermission' but I can't get it to go back to game automatically. It's really ticking me off and I'm about to uninstall this plugin since it is not working right.

It picks up the "in group" image like this just fine, but when that is not showing in-game, I want it to automatically go back to the Game screen.
CorporateClash_oAjmf8a3dX.jpg

I've tried two separate macros with the friends list (which is in the same spot when not in a group) to switch to game, but that didn't work. I also tried "Else" on the main macro, to no avail as well.

Right now, this is the only game I'd use it for, so if I can't get it working, it's not really worth keeping installed. Don't have any other games I'd use it on right now.