Advanced Scene Switcher

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.27.2

Lawrence_SoCal

What i want is to crate a macro that will hide my webcam when i show "display capture window" and make it full screen
First, I'd suggest considering whether that is a Source you want to Turn On/Off, or would that be better in its own Scene (Duplicate Scene, then re-arrange for new layout)... possibly picture in picture with webcam in a corner... or as you prefer... I'm sure others will provide other guidance, but maybe the simpler, basic OBS Studio operation approach (ie using Scene layout) might make more sense?

AaronD

What i want is to crate a macro that will hide my webcam when i show "display capture window" and make it full screen
First, I'd suggest considering whether that is a Source you want to Turn On/Off, or would that be better in its own Scene (Duplicate Scene, then re-arrange for new layout)... possibly picture in picture with webcam in a corner... or as you prefer... I'm sure others will provide other guidance, but maybe the simpler, basic OBS Studio operation approach (ie using Scene layout) might make more sense?
Yes. I've found that OBS tends to work better with lots of simple scenes, and duplicated sources across those scenes. If you copy/paste by reference (the default), then I believe it only counts once overall, and not once per instance, in terms of the required processing.

But if you have a machine that can easily handle the Multiview, the additional load of actually duplicating it probably doesn't matter anyway.

cheddargt

Hey mate!! This plugin is incredible! Congratulations on pulling this off!!

On a side note: would it be possible to include a condition during the macros set up to detect from which device the key was pressed? This would be huge!

AaronD

Hey mate!! This plugin is incredible! Congratulations on pulling this off!!

On a side note: would it be possible to include a condition during the macros set up to detect from which device the key was pressed? This would be huge!
That might be more difficult than you realize. The problem is that all keyboards report the same key the same way, and the operating system counts all of them as the same keyboard.

Different keyboard layouts are handled in the OS, not the keyboard, and the code that the keyboard sends has nothing to do with ASCII or Unicode or anything else. Each app receives the key code *after* the OS translation, which is also where all of the keyboards are combined.

There are workarounds, of course, as that video shows, but it's not as simple as just doubling the amount of available inputs just by adding a second keyboard.

M4rk81

Amazing plugin!

I've set up various scenes that automatically switch to another after a certain number of seconds, but I need to do one more thing:

When I display a chat comment on screen (using ChatNinja), I want the scene in which it's shown not to switch automatically. Once the comment is no longer displayed, I want the automatic switching to resume.

How can I do all this?

AaronD

Amazing plugin!

I've set up various scenes that automatically switch to another after a certain number of seconds, but I need to do one more thing:

When I display a chat comment on screen (using ChatNinja), I want the scene in which it's shown not to switch automatically. Once the comment is no longer displayed, I want the automatic switching to resume.

How can I do all this?
Add a second condition to each of the switching macros (assuming you have one per switch and not a big one that does everything).
And not <chat is shown>

The problem then becomes, "How does it know when the chat is shown?" For that part, I don't know - it probably depends on some specifics that you haven't shared yet - but maybe you can figure it out from there.

AaronD

hi there, is it possible to change scene when i am looking at camera 1 or camera 2?
You mean like facial recognition? Full face on each camera, and not the others, switches to that camera?

If it's in there at all, it would be in the Video condition. Several machine-vision-type things in there; maybe that's one of them.

Warmuptill

hi there, is it possible to change scene when i am looking at camera 1 or camera 2?
As mentioned by AaronD the “Video” Condition type might be of use.

It will allow you to use face recognition on a video source.

But please note that this can be very resource intensive depending on the size of the area to check and the frequency of the checks.

RobertWilliams

Amazing plugin!

How can I do all this?
You can add an action to Pause (and Unpause) the macro that is doing the scene switch switching.

StadiumPK

I have a very weird use case, but wondering if you can tweak the "matches pattern" slightly. Hoping it would 'check' to see if that file it is trying to match has been updated or not. If the file is different than originally used, update and try to match it.

Use case
I play a game, and I would like to detect when that player dies (it says "XYZ was slain" on the screen in the same spot), but I would manually set their name in a text file, that text file then populates an obs layer with that text.

What I would like to do is take a screenshot of that text layer (this works fine as ive tested it), and then have the matches pattern view that file. The problem is, when you set the macro up, it accepts that file and will never refresh, even if the source file changes.

or

If the pattern matching could match the text inside a .text file, been trying to test this but I can't get it to work.

jakebattersby

I am trying to set up 'reactive' scenes using Advance Scene Switcher following instructions from GaelLevel on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYF15CZXgUE).

I have a screenshot of my gameplay which I've selected in Advance Scene Switcher and when I hover over it the image shows a preview as it should. Still, when I click on the 'select area' button it shows on the popup menu "Screenshot is empty - is the source visible?".

I tried making a new screenshot but it creates a new .png file that is empty and sized zero bytes and has no image so clearly that isn't working either.

I thought maybe I needed to update the plugin so I did that and tested again but the same issue is occurring.

I've attached screenshots for reference and the log file below. Any help would be appreciated!

Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/IoB26iHkfhCzlcHJ

b3ck

if I wanted to setup a macro so that if on a scene A or B for 30 minutes (and every 30 minutes) send chat message in twitch chat how would I do that?

Warmuptill

I have a very weird use case, but wondering if you can tweak the "matches pattern" slightly. Hoping it would 'check' to see if that file it is trying to match has been updated or not. If the file is different than originally used, update and try to match it.

Use case
I play a game, and I would like to detect when that player dies (it says "XYZ was slain" on the screen in the same spot), but I would manually set their name in a text file, that text file then populates an obs layer with that text.

What I would like to do is take a screenshot of that text layer (this works fine as ive tested it), and then have the matches pattern view that file. The problem is, when you set the macro up, it accepts that file and will never refresh, even if the source file changes.

or

If the pattern matching could match the text inside a .text file, been trying to test this but I can't get it to work.
I will look into adding a check for modifications of the source file.

In Windows, where can I find the advanced scene switch log?
In OBS select Help > Log Files.

if I wanted to setup a macro so that if on a scene A or B for 30 minutes (and every 30 minutes) send chat message in twitch chat how would I do that?
I replied to your GitHub discussion thread here:

Warmuptill

"Screenshot is empty - is the source visible?".
This message is shown, if you have either selected a source which at the moment has no output at all (e.g. a Game Capture source with no selected game to capture), or if the source is not part of the current scene or hidden on the current scene, as in that case OBS might not render the source and thus no screenshot can be created.