Advanced Scene Switcher

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.27.2

Warmuptill

Is the plugin completely broken on 30.2.2?

It is only like half working. I want it to switch to 'intermission' when I'm in a group waiting to load into a boss. It seems to pick up the 'in group' shot fine and switches to 'intermission' but I can't get it to go back to game automatically. It's really ticking me off and I'm about to uninstall this plugin since it is not working right.

It picks up the "in group" image like this just fine, but when that is not showing in-game, I want it to automatically go back to the Game screen.
View attachment 105780

I've tried two separate macros with the friends list (which is in the same spot when not in a group) to switch to game, but that didn't work. I also tried "Else" on the main macro, to no avail as well.

Right now, this is the only game I'd use it for, so if I can't get it working, it's not really worth keeping installed. Don't have any other games I'd use it on right now.
Can you share a screenshot of the macro(s) you have set up and are not working as expected?
I assume that it should look something like this from what you have described:
1722274352491.png

Do you have configured other macros which might interfere with this one?

Can you enable verbose logging and share a log file of the issue?
The option to enable verbose loggin can be found on the General tab at (1) in the screenshot below:
1722273989653.png

OBS log files can be found under the "Help" section:
1722274080589.png

___TC___

This plugin realy does way more than it's title says, I love it.
Maybe a request? As you can allready wirte to a file, would it be possible to add an increment like writing a +1 to a file. I would like to use it as a sort of win/loss counter.

AaronD

This plugin realy does way more than it's title says, I love it.
Maybe a request? As you can allready wirte to a file, would it be possible to add an increment like writing a +1 to a file. I would like to use it as a sort of win/loss counter.
"+1" how?
  • Incrementing filename?
  • Append to existing content?
  • Replace existing content?
  • Read existing content, convert to a number, add 1, and replace with the new number as text?
  • Something else?

___TC___

"+1" how?
  • Incrementing filename?
  • Append to existing content?
  • Replace existing content?
  • Read existing content, convert to a number, add 1, and replace with the new number as text?
  • Something else?
Thank you for the reply!

I guess the 4th option.

Like lets say the content of the txt-file = 3 it replaces it by 4...

AaronD

Thank you for the reply!

I guess the 4th option.

Like lets say the content of the txt-file = 3 it replaces it by 4...
What if there's more than just a number in it? Like maybe you gave it your shopping list by mistake, instead of a scorecard?
  • Take the first or last number?
    • Replace the entire contents with just the result?
    • Replace only the found number with its result?
  • Increment all found numbers in-place? ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcGA4alhPas )
  • Just fail?
    • What should that failure do?
At any rate, this is a surprisingly complicated problem, and the solution is probably specific to each use. So I think you're far more likely to get a set of individual tools that you can use to put your own solution together, instead of a complete solution already done.

___TC___

What if there's more than just a number in it? Like maybe you gave it your shopping list by mistake, instead of a scorecard?
  • Take the first or last number?
    • Replace the entire contents with just the result?
    • Replace only the found number with its result?
  • Increment all found numbers in-place? ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcGA4alhPas )
  • Just fail?
    • What should that failure do?
At any rate, this is a surprisingly complicated problem, and the solution is probably specific to each use. So I think you're far more likely to get a set of individual tools that you can use to put your own solution together, instead of a complete solution already done.
Well, in my case the file would only contain just one number.... if the file is empty it should just write 1 in the file.

Thx for the reply.

___TC___

Ow, actually solved what I wanted to do.
Wrote a simple bat file that just adds +1 to the number in a txt-file, and used the Run command in the plugin to execute it.

Thx anyway for the help.

ottawafro

Use Variables.

1722390790478.png

Set the Variable to zero at the stream of the stream.

Write the value to the text file at the start of the stream / macro.

1722390700300.png

When you die , run this ..

1722390930473.png

For mine , i don't use a hotkey ... I get the plugin to detect the video of my game.. for the "DYING SCREEN" ( Diablo IV )

1722391096135.png

hellroi

Hey,

I'm doing live streams daily and since I am not always watching the screen, I have created various telegram alerts for issues that occur during the shows.

Now, I am trying to find a way for OBS to notify me if there is an issue with the sound coming only from one side (L or R). It seems like there are no matching criteria in the Advance Scene Switcher.

Does anyone have an idea of how I can solve that?

All the best

AaronD

Now, I am trying to find a way for OBS to notify me if there is an issue with the sound coming only from one side (L or R). It seems like there are no matching criteria in the Advance Scene Switcher.

Does anyone have an idea of how I can solve that?
Depending on where the tap point is, that Adv. SS looks at, you might use the same trick that is normally for getting two separately controlled mics from a single 2-channel interface:

Have two copies of that stereo source, and pan them hard left and hard right. Normally you'd also use the Mono button to put them back in the center, but if you're only using them for automation triggers, you might not need that. And since they're only for automation triggers, don't send them anywhere either. Monitor Off, and uncheck all of the Tracks. Also wouldn't hurt to name them something to remind you what's going on there, 'cause that's not a "normal" configuration that most people have.

TCG248

I have an app called Outplayed on Overwolf. it detects games and automatically records them. I've been trying to use AdvSS to re-create this in obs. my first and only idea of this was when the source game capture detects a full-screen game, AdvSS would start recording. then when game capture stops detecting a game, AdvSS would end recording. (auto game is the game capture source)
2024-07-31_16-41.png

anyone have any better ideas?

falcoflyer

Trying to debug an issue I've been having - When obtaining the json from a source, the "text" field doesn't populate if it's reading from a file. It appears to just be the text if "Read From File" is checked on the source.

Is there any way to obtain the actual value of the text file?

1722522489124.png

AaronD

Hiya!
My OBS log apparently has a weird entry about AdvSS.
It says:
19:39:07.904: [adv-ss] detected busy loop - refusing to sleep less than 1ms (There's a million of these. Ask the dev of the plugin what's up with that. Could be performance killer, who knows?)
And of course here's my log.
Anything on my weird log issue? :-)
You've got a lot from streamelements as well. That's known to be problematic too. Good ideas, but poorly written.

And those entries come up long before Adv. SS does. Generally, software problems tend to be more related to earlier reports than later ones. In fact, later ones are often side-effects of the earlier ones. So the standard procedure to fix them is to start at the top, fix the first one, and create a new report. Then fix the first one again, and create a new report. Etc.

AaronD

I have an app called Outplayed on Overwolf. it detects games and automatically records them. I've been trying to use AdvSS to re-create this in obs. my first and only idea of this was when the source game capture detects a full-screen game, AdvSS would start recording. then when game capture stops detecting a game, AdvSS would end recording. (auto game is the game capture source)
View attachment 106157
anyone have any better ideas?
A source being active in OBS does not mean it's receiving data, unfortunately. It simply means it's being shown, data or not.

You might use the Video condition on that source, to see if it's changing. This also accounts for OBS hanging on the last frame when it stops receiving data...provided that the data itself doesn't become static.

AaronD

Trying to debug an issue I've been having - When obtaining the json from a source, the "text" field doesn't populate if it's reading from a file. It appears to just be the text if "Read From File" is checked on the source.

View attachment 106305
@Warmuptill would know this better than I do, but my understanding is that the "settings to match" is just a dumb string that is compared to what is read from the source's settings. No more logic than that.

If all you care about is the file, and not the source, then you could use the File condition instead. You'd have that path in two places now - the source and the condition - that you'd have to keep in sync manually, but I think it should work.

Warmuptill

Anything on my weird log issue? :-)
This log appears, if the execution of a "interval" of checking all macro conditions and executing the relevant macros takes longer than the value you have configured here on the General tab:
1722534270949.png

If such a situation is detected the plugin will not immediately run the next "interval" of checking conditions and running actions, but instead wait a bit, as to avoid fully loading the CPU.

Depending on what you have configured this might be expected.
For example, you can run into this situation, if you have very long running actions in Macros or have configured a very low value for the "Check conditions every X ms" field.

As this is mostly useful when debugging issues I will adjust the behavior of the plugin to only print this message when verbose logs are enabled.
Sorry if this caused issues on your side!

View attachment 106305
If you want to assign the content of a file to a variable you can use the "File" condition type.
Here is an example:
1722534703854.png

I assume the "Text Source" source type does not use the "text" settings value when reading from a file, as the text to be displayed is not stored in its settings, but at the given file path.
Thus, an empty string for "text" is likely to be expected in this case.

Warmuptill

View attachment 106305
As already mentioned by AaronD the Video condition might be of help here.
In particular the "<source> has no output" check.

You can then set up a macro like this to automatically start recoding once the source has something to capture:
1722535481416.png

You can import this example macro using this code:
Code:
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

shprd95

Hi there, your plugin is awesome, i tried to google some guide how to setup some automation with your plugin, but haven't found anything so i ask here.
What i want is to crate a macro that will hide my webcam when i show "display capture window" and make it full screen as for now it's on the middle of a screen/ For example i chatting with people, they see my browser window and when i wanna show them youtube video it should open full screen and hide my webcam.

This is my best. The problem is it enables/disables instead of hiding and also it not switching to full screen mode, and also not returning back. Thanks in advance!
Screenshot 2024-08-02 163214.png