Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.26.4

AaronD

I even added a command to wait 5 seconds after I hit 'start streaming' before doing the "start commercial" action, just to remove the possibility of the "start commercial" action being done before Twitch 'realizes' I'm live.
The ad cooldown on Twitch only comes into play if you're trying to run an ad shortly after another one has just ended. Wouldn't be relevant here.
I wonder if it does though. I've written algorithms before, that don't start in the steady state, but run a cycle (or at least part of a cycle) immediately, before eventually settling there. If Twitch's ad cooldown does that, then it might not work for some time after you first go live.

AaronD

Dear Warmuptill, I don't quite understand the Audio/Fade function. It seems that it only works in the Fade/Out direction. But the Fade/In direction is really needed. How is this possible?
Thanks!
Works for me, in version 1.23.1. (yeah, that's old now, but it does everything I need)
Possible regression somewhere?

RandomNerd

I wonder if it does though. I've written algorithms before, that don't start in the steady state, but run a cycle (or at least part of a cycle) immediately, before eventually settling there. If Twitch's ad cooldown does that, then it might not work for some time after you first go live.
It definitely works right away, because presently I'm running an ad immediately manually, with no issue. The button to do so within Twitch's 'stream manager' (just took a screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/p5b5pQ3.png ) stops being grayed out ~3 seconds after I click "start streaming" in OBS, and I can run the 3m ad with a click there. I can do the same via a function within Elgato's Twitch plugin for my Stream Deck, with a push of a button assigned to the "play ad" function, just as immediately.

AaronD

It's unlikely that it's a regression; rather, it's because I don't understand how to set the action correctly.

Does this do both a fade-out and a fade-in for you?:
1719240465438.png

Igor S

1719420937389.png
Why do I only have "Macro" tab? And how do I set up "switch function" for source "desktop audio" "mute-unmute" by pressing one single button? Thanks...

AaronD

Why do I only have "Macro" tab?
Scroll up a bit from where you show, and there's a checkbox to show the older tabs that are no longer maintained. Everything they do can be done with the macros now, plus a LOT more! At some point, the other tabs might go away entirely, so try to not use them for new stuff. Use the macros instead.

And how do I set up "switch function" for source "desktop audio" "mute-unmute" by pressing one single button? Thanks...
I showed a toggle function a while ago (8 pages already!), for a slightly different application:
Can you adapt that to work for you?

If you are notified that some plugin functionality might not be available, you will have to install the latest version of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, which can be found here.
I installed a few weeks back this version of VC_redist.x64.exe after installing ASS plugin version 1.26.2 for portable OBS and that worked with version 1.26.3. But after installing the ASS plugin version 1.26.4 I had exact the same warning as Igor S. I reinstalled VC_redist.x64.exe but still the exact the same plugin libraries are not loaded. So this doesn't solve the problem for the portable version of OBS Studio.

Attachments

• 2024-06-26 19-40-25.txt
    77.6 KB · Views: 1

Igor S

Scroll up a bit from where you show, and there's a checkbox to show the older tabs that are no longer maintained. Everything they do can be done with the macros now, plus a LOT more! At some point, the other tabs might go away entirely, so try to not use them for new stuff. Use the macros instead.

I showed a toggle function a while ago (8 pages already!), for a slightly different application:
Can you adapt that to work for you?
...so I just have to switch to the scene that has no "desktop audio source" enabled instead of trying to toggle mute/unmute?

Warmuptill

...so I just have to switch to the scene that has no "desktop audio source" enabled instead of trying to toggle mute/unmute?
Without know what else is configured it is difficult to say what the problem might be.
(One of the "old" tabs might interfere with the macros / settings on the General tab might prevent the macro from being executed)

You could try to export your settings to a file an share them here.
This can be done on the General tab in the Save / load settings section.

It might also be useful if you can provide an OB log of the issue with verbose logging enabled.
The logging behavior of the plugin can be changed on the General tab at (1) in the screenshot below:
343311866-20f4547d-43f1-4e9e-a57c-08a32b746227.PNG

Two general suggestions.
  1. Uncheck the "Perform actions only on condition change" checkbox in your macro.
  2. Lower the "Check conditions every ... ms" value on the General tab to e.g. 50ms.
    I am referring to the (1) setting in the screenshot below:
    287486727-ff136e4b-cc35-47ba-b439-7a573e2eefd2.PNG

Warmuptill

I installed a few weeks back this version of VC_redist.x64.exe after installing ASS plugin version 1.26.2 for portable OBS and that worked with version 1.26.3. But after installing the ASS plugin version 1.26.4 I had exact the same warning as Igor S. I reinstalled VC_redist.x64.exe but still the exact the same plugin libraries are not loaded. So this doesn't solve the problem for the portable version of OBS Studio.
Which version of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable did you install?
Did you also install the 32bit version? (Just in case)
You can check this in the "Add or remove programs" dialog of Windows.

If you don't rely on the "Video" condition type you can ignore this message / disable the warning on the General tab.
Version 1.23.3 did not contain the "Video" condition type at all by accident and this is likely why you don't see those issues in that version.

If you do need the "Video" condition type but cannot update the Redistributable you can instead install version 1.26.2 of the plugin.

I apologize about this mess!
Unfortunately, I cannot control which version of the Redistributable is installed in the Windows runner images on GitHub used to build the plugin.
I believe the recent OBS beta releases also faced the same issues and will prompt you to install the most recent version of the Redistributable:

AaronD

1719433121482.png

No toggle in my version, which is a bit old. If the current version doesn't either, then you'll need to use the toggle logic that I showed in the link above.

For the button not always working, I wonder if it has to do with the "Start/Stop Listening" button. That's to automatically determine what to listen for and filter out, not to disable the condition. Beyond that, I don't know.