I'll be the hipster but any chance you can get this to speak with Winamp?

Yeah, I'm that monster.

But I am getting constant crashes with OBS 25.0.8 in inputting anything with last.fm, having the program read a program (trying for Winamp, hence the asking for it above), and VLC player.
univrsal
univrsal
the latest release has some issues, but the previous one should work fine
I'm having some issues with using VLC I did read this in the comments "Do you have any VLC sources added? It only works with VLC sources not with the actual VLC player" but I have no idea how or where I would put these sources, and whether or not a simply VLC playlist file suffices? great little addon though
univrsal
univrsal
You have to add a VLC Video source, which can load playlists or individual files.
Love this plugin, I really do. But I really hate that media control dock that was added recently. Mostly because I can't seem to find a way to not make it show again on startup every time.
I always have to go and manually turn it off from the docks menu every single time I start OBS.
I have no use for this dock at all, so it is really, really annoying.
can't manage to make it work with chrome with OBS 25.0.8 :/ i don't know why, i followed all the steps one by one
univrsal
univrsal
What do you mean by "make it work with chrome" what music source are you using?
Looks like a good plugin. Trying to get it working with VLC but the source only has "none" on it and refreshing doesn't add anything. Any ideas?
univrsal
univrsal
Do you have any VLC sources added? It only works with VLC sources not with the actual VLC player
Great Plugin. Litle complicated, but after some time I got what I wanted.

But... how do I uninstall the plugin. I did it with the Control Panel and by deleting the files, but the Music Control panel still shows up at the beginnen.
univrsal
univrsal
running the uninstaller should take care of it if you're on windows, otherwise you have to delete the plugin files manually
I found it a little hard to setup, but I'm pretty sure that's just me as I have inexperience with using OBS plugins. I am using it for a 24/7 music stream, and it is a great plugin to use. I would recommend this if you are trying to use this for a 24/7 stream, or for any stream that you are trying to show song info.
Thanks for the update and fix on the placeholder image :D
and oh! I don't know if that was there before, but just saw the "hide when paused" option for the progress bar. Thanks!

If you'd like a report on the dock, the buttons don't seem to interact with Spotify at all. forward, back, or play/pause. The song name does update and the image for "play/pause" does change if I play/pause it with my keyboard or the program itself. (Just reporting for others who might want use it)
univrsal
univrsal
Yeah I noticed the issue with spotify, I think I know what's causing it'll just take a bit for me to fix it.
I got it installed and working with Spotify. I can get album art, progress bar, song title and artist.
Updated to 1.4.1. I believe 1.4.0 was crashing OBS 25. Didn't seem to have any issues with 1.4.1 though.
Would be nice to have the progress bar and the cover disappear when spotify is paused. Cover used to work, but not any more for some reason.
univrsal
univrsal
I know about the cover issue, but I haven't gotten around to fix it
Yet another very useful plugin!
No more "snip" for me, it's Tuna now.
Thank You!
(and thanks to Heatsick's rating, I was able to make the placeholder image into a transparent/empty one)
Awesome, would love direct VLC
Easy to install and use. Lacks direct VLC support, but was able to get it working with the Windows Title function.
This is great! It works really well, and is very customizable. One critique that would be nice is the ability for a "main" artist wildcard, since some songs can have a ton of artists, like a movie soundtrack with multiple singers on a track.
univrsal
univrsal
Spotify reports all artists as one long string so the only option would be to assume that the first one is the "main" artist, but other than that it could be doable
This is excellent, great work.
I've been using Twobbler until now to grab song info and album covers (through last.fm) while playing from Spotify, and this is much less cumbersome and also updates several times faster. The only thing I'd like to see added is the option to use a custom cover placeholder (or none at all) when nothing is playing.
Edit: Found the cover placeholder image in the plugin files. A path setting in the GUI would be nice though!
Very useful with Spotify!

Displays song info with a plugin instead of additional software is much more comfortable for me.

Open OBS and go.
Thank you so much!
Really great work!
I put myself in window title mode and no problem with Foobar2000, I just replaced the name of the software "[foobar2000]" with nothing and it is no longer displayed.
It can really be used with any music player or browser, it is complete and excellent for everyone.

Sure, I'll share it in a tutorial in French for my YouTube community.