MIDIControl - Control OBS (and SoundBoard) with MIDI Devices

Free MIDIControl - Control OBS (and SoundBoard) with MIDI Devices 1.7.0.0

MIDIControl is an external software (Windows Only), to remote control OBS with any MIDI controller, like APC (from AKAI), Launchpad (from Novation)

Switch scene, show/hide source, mute/unmute any scene/source, show/hide filter, adjust volume ... by pressing a MIDI Key or using MIDI knobs/slider
2021-03-04 11_23_10.png

Also, you can play any local audio file (like a soundboard)
1590766321400.png

2021-03-04 11_20_46.png

Install .NET 4.7.2 redistributable.
Install & enable obs-websocket.

HOW TO CONFIGURE:
0. Open OBS (with obs-websocket enabled)
1. Start MIDIControl after plugging your MIDI device. Open it from SysTray
2. In "Options", configure the OBS section options. (the MIDI section should be OK by default for a minimal usage).
3. "Add" a new MIDI Key.
4. Press the MIDI key, it should recognise it, and display it on the "Add MIDI Keybind" window.
5. Select the action(s) you wanna assign to this midi Key. Validate.
6. Repeat steps 3->5 for every MIDI key.
7. Save your preset.
8. Reduce the window if you want to.

HOW TO USE:
0. Open OBS.
1. Start MIDIControl after plugging your MIDI device.
2. Press on your MIDI Keys !

If you have an Android device, you can setup it as a MIDI device, for example with DJ PADS (if your device supports MIDI)

MIDIControl forwards MIDI events to another virtual MIDI device, in order other apps have access to this events.

Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com
Author
Etuldan
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.50 star(s) 10 ratings

More resources from Etuldan

Latest updates

1. Twitch Chat !

New features: Send message in your Twitch Chat ! Supports for APC40 LEDs feedback Save Record/Replay
  2. Sliders for Filter settings

Sliders/Knob can now control filters settings values for OBS.
  3. Media Keys (Play/Next/Previous)

MIDIControl is now able to simulate Media Keys so you can play/pause your current track, next or...

Latest reviews

Really great plugin, especially since the dev keeps updating it! Maybe a good feature will be to add color's when a button is pressed, so when i for example switch to a scene the buttons gets red or green, i think it could be a simple "On button press" option!
Etuldan
Etuldan
LED is bounded to actions in OBS/Soundboard, and not to keypress (for example, keypress on a button linked to a scene change will enable this LED, and disable all other change scene buttons)
Really good app, been using this since it came out but I personally would believe that this would be much better if it was Open Source,s o the community can add their own contributions and make this program even better than it is right now.

Keep up with the great work, you've come pretty far!
Audio Faders in APCmini keep being erratic with an initial big jump. Going to test the rest.
Etuldan
Etuldan
Initial "big" jump should not be an issue.
-inf dB , -42.1dB and -36.1dB is almost the same : muted
However, it is very important to get high precision for higher values.
For me version 1.6.0.2 is not working properly: keys arren't trigger the OBS scene. Sliders are strange : they follow a Logarithmic run.
Version 1.3.0 work better for me.
Anyway it's a very good project ! Thanks !
Excellent tool, lightweight but powerful.
Setup was only slightly confusing, but I figured it out pretty quick, was instantly blows away at its accuracy and ease. Better than the other plugin I tried which did nothing but slow OBS down to .5fps somehow. But, I unplugged my midi controller and since then I cant get the plugin to respond to it. Still going to try to get it working, might have to do a reinstall but we'll see. Was great when it worked! Only thing I dont like is that you cant change the channel once its set, its uneditable, meaning I have to delete whatever I mapped and re map it. Other than that its 5⭐
Etuldan
Etuldan
If you edit the keybind, and while the edit window opened you press another MIDI key (with a different channel for example), it should work.
Not only does this give us an interface to repeat all MIDI events through a multi-MIDI driver like LoopBe1 but it gives direct control to OBS via websocket which I love.. It's very clean. Honestly this could be expanded into a very capable global MIDI control hub. Great work. One thing I noticed is that the new start/stop/toggle stream record function requires a double message to activate in OBS. So in otherwords, I need to press my button twice to either stop or start recording function. Not sure if others are having this issue. I don't have any such issues with mute toggle, etc...
Works very well! I've tried all of the other midi plugins for obs and this works the easiest and best. Thanks.
I still need to use another program (MidiKey2Key) to activate computer keyboard "hotkeys" using midi. If this plugin had a way to either send a computer keystroke combination or even better, enable access to the same list of hotkeys dynamically listed in OBS, that would enable it to trigger all OBS functions and 3rd party plugins like ReplaySource, for example which control Speed, Direction, or any of the other controls available in this or other plugins that show up in OBS's dynamic hotkey-list.

One other possibly more complicated enhancement might be to enable midi SysEx messages to be captured as well. Right now, I use BOME midi translator to receive SysEx and then convert to midi CC messages to send to this plugin...
Etuldan
Etuldan
A MIDI to Keystroke feature could be a good idea indeed.

About SysEx, MIDIControl uses NAudio lib to intercept MIDI Event.
As stated here https://github.com/naudio/NAudio/issues/186 , there is no plan to receive SysEx. And I don't plan to switch from NAudio lib to another one.
Great so far, would be great to start and stop streaming and recording, otherwise its the best.
Etuldan
Etuldan
With current updated version, you can ! Enjoy :)