Resource icon

win-capture-audio v2.2.3-beta

using seperate source for in-game communications sounds good but i dont really know how to do this since it captures the .exe window. i have to search for this kind of thing but thanx for the suggestion. Also, i have downloaded the plugin from the download link, is there a way i can somehow update it? because you wrote about earlier versions of it.

You SHOULD be able to just install it, but it may be prudent to uninstall the version you have installed before installing a newer one if your sources disappear or misbehave.

Note that 2.0.0-beta(x) need a window to grab onto, while newer releases look for processes which emit sound.

--Katt. =^.^=

Last edited:

TheQuietKarma

hello, i try to use this handful app and its working fine but i have a strange issue. I stream Cod Warzone and when i use the audio output from the game's exe all the sounds pass fine except the ingame communication. When someone talks in game stream cannot hear it. i tried setting up the same device in game and on stream and other ways to fix that but nothing seems to help. I want to use this app so bad but that issue keeps me from it!
Check out the video posted in the win-capture Discord for my work around fix to audio issues with warzone without having to use Voicemeeter

Starboii

Hello
I am not able to select executables. Did I do something wrong? What do I do?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-23 192829.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-07-23 192829.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 123
Hello
Thanks in advance

Are you using Windows 10? And if so, which release? You can find this by running the "winver" command from the "Run" dialog or a command prompt session.

You must be using at least 2004 (a.k.a. 20H1) with 20H2 being strongly recommended, assuming Home, Pro and Educational.

If you are using an LTSC release of Windows 10 Enterprise, it needs to be at least 2021 or later.

Also, please make sure you're using a supported version of OBS Studio. It needs to be at least 27.0.0 or later. 27.2.0 and later if you want the ability to use Twitch's chat from within OBS Studio since the API changed. You can still pull the streaming key from the site for versions 27.1.x and 27.0.x.

--Katt. =^.^=

Are you using Windows 10? And if so, which release? You can find this by running the "winver" command from the "Run" dialog or a command prompt session.

You must be using at least 2004 (a.k.a. 20H1) with 20H2 being strongly recommended, assuming Home, Pro and Educational.

If you are using an LTSC release of Windows 10 Enterprise, it needs to be at least 2021 or later.

Also, please make sure you're using a supported version of OBS Studio. It needs to be at least 27.0.0 or later. 27.2.0 and later if you want the ability to use Twitch's chat from within OBS Studio since the API changed. You can still pull the streaming key from the site for versions 27.1.x and 27.0.x.

--Katt. =^.^

Hello
Thanks in advance

I also forgot one key item after you've checked everything else:

Make sure that the apps whose sound you want to capture has emitted or is emitting sound, preferably the latter.

Also, you can add an exe if you know it already by clicking the "+" button and filling out the blank with the .exe name. You do not need the full pathname. Just "name.exe" is enough.

--Katt. =^.^=

Last edited:

bozbez

bozbez updated win-capture-audio with a new update entry:

win-capture-audio v2.2.3-beta

For OBS versions 27.2.4 and newer, on (an updated) Windows 10 2004 (released 2020-05-27) or later.
This is (as with previous releases) a beta release - use at your own risk.

• Updates Chinese, Japanese, French, Russian, Turkish, Brazilian Portuguese, Korean, Persian and Ukranian translations.
  • Fixes properties window session list race condition and uses a single session monitor instance for all plugin sources (thanks...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ersol

I sometimes record with my headset in, sometimes I don't. I've found that for some reason my volume in OBS changes between the two, and I can't figure out why. It is a substantial change...

Headset:
1660783526493.png

Desktop:
1660783554895.png

This is from the same source (just a song on YT). Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

Lawrence_SoCal

I sometimes record with my headset in, sometimes I don't. I've found that for some reason my volume in OBS changes between the two, and I can't figure out why. It is a substantial change...

Headset: View attachment 85658
Desktop: View attachment 85659

This is from the same source (just a song on YT). Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?
Could be an OS level hardware driver configuration/setting adjusting default output volume level for different outputs (as speaker vs headphone jacks are different physical interfaces)?

Nomadnetic

Hello I have recently started using win capture audio plug in for streaming and found the I am having an intermittent issue of audio stuttering i will post a link to a clip showing the issue if anyone has an idea what the culprit is it would be appreciated. https://www.twitch.tv/nerfherder_x/clip/HelpfulSarcasticTigerOptimizePrime-9YTIVHb_qWppsUrK
I'm also suffering from the issue demonstrated in this clip. Generally anything that runs through the plugin has the same stuttering/distortion. Has anyone had luck solving this issue?

Ersol

Could be an OS level hardware driver configuration/setting adjusting default output volume level for different outputs (as speaker vs headphone jacks are different physical interfaces)?
Not the slightest clue how I could change that. For now I've just resolved to only recording using my headset (which turned out to have issues of its own due to being Corsair, and their laughably bad iCUE).

Can you tell me why it is showing like this and how to fix it?

Which version of OBS Studio are you running? This plugin is meant for at a bare minimum of 27.0.0 and later, with 27.2.0 and later being highly recommended. And more importantly, did you install over an existing installation or uninstall the previous release of the plugin? I strongly recommend the latter procedure, especially if you're upgrading from 2.0.0beta(x).

Furthermore, you need, at a bare minimum, Windows 10 64-bit Home and Pro at least 2004 (a.k.a. 20H1) with 20H2 being strongly recommended or Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit LTSC 2021 or later, or any release of Windows 11. These have an OS-level API that this plugin makes use of. Without it, the plugin will not work.

--Katt. =^.^=

dylanthyvill4in

Hello, I have noticed after about 30 minutes of using the plugin my sound starts to make a strange robotic noise. I am on Windows 11. The only fix I have found is restarting OBS.

Hello, I have noticed after about 30 minutes of using the plugin my sound starts to make a strange robotic noise. I am on Windows 11. The only fix I have found is restarting OBS.

You might also try setting all pipeline endpoints (done in the Sound control panel) in Windows as well as OBS Studio's audio encoder to the same frequency, either 44.1 or 48 kHz. That way you reduce the number of times OBS Studio has to do sample rate conversion. However, that won't fix browser sources.

And apparently, the problem is with Windows itself rather than the plugin.

--Katt. =^.^=