win-capture-audio v2.2.3-beta

Supported Bit Versions
  1. 64-bit
Source Code URL
https://github.com/bozbez/win-capture-audio
Minimum OBS Studio Version
Supported Platforms
  1. Windows
An OBS plugin similar to OBS's win-capture/game-capture that allows for audio capture from a specific application, rather than the system's audio as a whole. This eliminates the need for third-party software or hardware audio mixing tools that introduce complexity, and in the case of software tools, introduce mandatory latency.

Internally it uses ActivateAudioInterfaceAsync with AUDIOCLIENT_PROCESS_LOOPBACK_PARAMS. This initialization structure is only officially available on Windows 11, however it appears to work additionally on relatively recent versions of Windows 10.

This plugin is in a BETA state, expect issues - https://discord.gg/4D5Yk5gFnM for support and updates.
An updated version of Windows 10 2004 (released 2020-05-27) or later is required.

See the README.md for installation instructions.
Author
bozbez
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.47 star(s) 51 ratings

Latest updates

1. win-capture-audio v2.2.3-beta

For OBS versions 27.2.4 and newer, on (an updated) Windows 10 2004 (released 2020-05-27) or...
  2. win-capture-audio v2.2.2-beta

For OBS versions 27.1.3 and newer, on (an updated) Windows 10 2004 (released 2020-05-27) or...
  3. win-capture-audio v2.2.1-beta

For OBS versions 27.1.3 and newer, on (an updated) Windows 10 2004 (released 2020-05-27) or...

Latest reviews

This is still a must-have because OBSes implementation doesn't have exclusion, unfortunately. So you can't really separate let's say all music and non-music sources.

I also don't experience any problems myself and I'm on latest OBS version.
Used to be amazing and much better than OBS's implementation. I wish they'd update it so the audio dropout after 30 minutes would stop.

The ability to make an audio source that includes everything except for one application is an invaluable addition that OBS needs to add if the dev of this plugin no longer has time to update it.
I can´t give 5 stars but I will give 100000 stars when this is corrected. There is a problem with the plugin. It´s random, but after some minutes, like 30 minutes, or more, or less I can´t tell (and in OBS LOGS we can´t see anything wrong), the audio capture just adds some kind of distortion/ noise sound, more like cutting sound popping, I can´t describe but I can show here:

This is when the audio problem starts (it can start rendomly at any time, or simply not happen):
https://www.twitch.tv/peeempeegee/clip/EncouragingAntediluvianGoldfishKappaWealth-qvsaQ0sxwwdMcNRb?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

And this is when someone from my viewers tells me, and i just select randomly another Scene Collection,, turn back, and voila:
https://www.twitch.tv/peeempeegee/clip/SmoothAttractiveWoodpeckerResidentSleeper-mFrOH5m33-qkkpMw?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

Please solve this, because your plugin is PERFECT, no delay, no latency, no prob´s with audio buffers and everything (and please remain this exactly the same because I need this perfect sync to use it live stream while playing guitar above sources captured by your plugin).

Thank you very much!
The idea is fantastic.
But there's a known issue that really is a pain in the a**.
Something like every 30 minuts, every sound is inaudible.. It crashes like robot voices or something..
Whenever you get the new version of OBS, something like this happens.
I had low Desktop Audio volume issues in my recordings, since I upgraded to newer OBS versions. I tried many suggestions and workarounds from the OBS forum, but nothing fixed my audio.

This plugin finally fixed my low audio volume issues! Now, my recordings have perfect audio.
I love this plugin, and it has such great potential. But my number 1 issue is that I've noticed I can't separate the Application Audio Capture into different channels. What I mean by that is that whenever I change one of them to channel 2, it won't pickup the audio, and will only pickup the audio on channel 1.

Now idk if that's something you can fix, or if it's an OBS problem, but I would absolutely love to be able to do this.

Other than that, it's amazing. Being able to have my discord as a separate audio capture is great, and I love also having my game audio as a separate audio capture.
This is precisely what I needed for those nights I get the urge to sit back and chill with some Music and Rocket League. It's stupidly easy to set up and use and it only took a minute or two to figure out how to add only the audio I wanted.

Now I can listen to any music I want and stream without worry about getting bombarded with dozens of copyright strikes.
Have been using ever since I found it, fixed a bunch of issues with my audio and eased setting up audio for separated tracks.
Voice wont captured on this plugin on several games with different audio and voice channel, such as warzone, valorant, etc
The plugin is excellent, a function like this should always be in OBS by default, it only has one problem and that is that when I installed and configured it I had to uninstall OBS since it kept crashing when I opened it, I hope it continues to improve so that it is more stable.