win-capture-audio v2.0.0-beta.3

Supported Bit Versions
64-bit
Source Code URL
https://github.com/bozbez/win-capture-audio
Minimum OBS Studio Version
Supported Platforms
Windows
An OBS plugin similar to OBS's win-capture/game-capture that allows for audio capture from a specific application, rather than the system's audio as a whole. This eliminates the need for third-party software or hardware audio mixing tools that introduce complexity, and in the case of software tools, introduce mandatory latency.

Internally it uses ActivateAudioInterfaceAsync with AUDIOCLIENT_PROCESS_LOOPBACK_PARAMS. This initialization structure is only officially available on Windows 11, however it appears to work additionally on relatively recent versions of Windows 10.

This plugin is in a BETA state, expect issues - https://discord.gg/4D5Yk5gFnM for support and updates.
An updated version of Windows 10 2004 (released 2020-05-27) or later is required.

See the README.md for installation instructions.
Author
bozbez
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 8 ratings

Latest updates

1. win-capture-audio v2.0.0-beta.3

For OBS versions 27.0.1 and newer, on (an updated) Windows 10 2004 (released 2020-05-27) or...
  2. win-capture-audio v2.0.0-beta.2

For OBS versions 27.0.1 and newer, on (an updated) Windows 10 2004 (released 2020-05-27) or...
  3. win-capture-audio v2.0.0-beta

For OBS versions 27.0.1 and newer. Full rewrite with the ActivateAudioInterfaceAsync with...

Latest reviews

This plugin is life changing for streamers. Thanks a lot!

And a qiestion... would this plugin as a source filter automaticaly switch the audio capture based on the aplication screen shown on the source? It would be a really good stuff!
Eu testei e aprovei! Suuuuuper top!

Fico muito feliz pela oportunidade e obviamente pelo seu esforço em disponibilizar um plugin tão simples, mas genial!
This is an excellent plugin. thaks... but i noticed it does not work with music production Daws like studio one or ableton. Nonetheless it works for other case uses.
Great plugin.

As it is in early stages, there's quite a few creepy crawly bugs here and there but overall does its job.
Can't wait for what it'll be like a few releases down the line. I can't wait to use it more often then.
You just made so many people's lives easier, especially for those that had to explain Voicemeeter to streamers and had them make it work via voice call or TeamViewer

I give it 1 or 2 major releases and this will be part of core OBS.

10/10
This plugin is a fucking game changer. Last build (24 hours ago) stopped working after 2 minutes, this one works perfectly. I am able to capture only my spotify while running youtube in the background, and anything else doesn't get captured. Highly recommend to any and all streamers of any sizes.
Holy mother of plugins, I can't believe it works! Amazing work, thanks for creating this. This was a long awaited feature, it will help so many people. Thanks.