Resource icon

win-capture-audio v2.2.3-beta

This is still a must-have because OBSes implementation doesn't have exclusion, unfortunately. So you can't really separate let's say all music and non-music sources.

I also don't experience any problems myself and I'm on latest OBS version.
Used to be amazing and much better than OBS's implementation. I wish they'd update it so the audio dropout after 30 minutes would stop.

The ability to make an audio source that includes everything except for one application is an invaluable addition that OBS needs to add if the dev of this plugin no longer has time to update it.
I can´t give 5 stars but I will give 100000 stars when this is corrected. There is a problem with the plugin. It´s random, but after some minutes, like 30 minutes, or more, or less I can´t tell (and in OBS LOGS we can´t see anything wrong), the audio capture just adds some kind of distortion/ noise sound, more like cutting sound popping, I can´t describe but I can show here:

This is when the audio problem starts (it can start rendomly at any time, or simply not happen):
https://www.twitch.tv/peeempeegee/clip/EncouragingAntediluvianGoldfishKappaWealth-qvsaQ0sxwwdMcNRb?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

And this is when someone from my viewers tells me, and i just select randomly another Scene Collection,, turn back, and voila:
https://www.twitch.tv/peeempeegee/clip/SmoothAttractiveWoodpeckerResidentSleeper-mFrOH5m33-qkkpMw?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

Please solve this, because your plugin is PERFECT, no delay, no latency, no prob´s with audio buffers and everything (and please remain this exactly the same because I need this perfect sync to use it live stream while playing guitar above sources captured by your plugin).

Thank you very much!
The idea is fantastic.
But there's a known issue that really is a pain in the a**.
Something like every 30 minuts, every sound is inaudible.. It crashes like robot voices or something..
Whenever you get the new version of OBS, something like this happens.
I had low Desktop Audio volume issues in my recordings, since I upgraded to newer OBS versions. I tried many suggestions and workarounds from the OBS forum, but nothing fixed my audio.

This plugin finally fixed my low audio volume issues! Now, my recordings have perfect audio.
I love this plugin, and it has such great potential. But my number 1 issue is that I've noticed I can't separate the Application Audio Capture into different channels. What I mean by that is that whenever I change one of them to channel 2, it won't pickup the audio, and will only pickup the audio on channel 1.

Now idk if that's something you can fix, or if it's an OBS problem, but I would absolutely love to be able to do this.

Other than that, it's amazing. Being able to have my discord as a separate audio capture is great, and I love also having my game audio as a separate audio capture.
This is precisely what I needed for those nights I get the urge to sit back and chill with some Music and Rocket League. It's stupidly easy to set up and use and it only took a minute or two to figure out how to add only the audio I wanted.

Now I can listen to any music I want and stream without worry about getting bombarded with dozens of copyright strikes.
Have been using ever since I found it, fixed a bunch of issues with my audio and eased setting up audio for separated tracks.
Voice wont captured on this plugin on several games with different audio and voice channel, such as warzone, valorant, etc
The plugin is excellent, a function like this should always be in OBS by default, it only has one problem and that is that when I installed and configured it I had to uninstall OBS since it kept crashing when I opened it, I hope it continues to improve so that it is more stable.
I liked the plugin I liked the functions that have a pity that it is not compatible with MacOS X and linux when you will release the final version of win-capture-audio
With the early issues now ironed out, this plugin is a must-have. OBS 28 introduces a similar feature, but doesn't do it nearly as well as this plugin. Incredible work bozbez, thank you for this!
Has worked flawlessly so far!
ok i think i figured it out why this happens. seems like warzone has 2 channels for ingame audio and ingame communication so the plugin picks up only one, the ingame audio. so yeah i think thats what it is.
This plugin is actually a godsend compared to having to use voicemeeter. Yes, my OBS does crash maybe once a week but its a quick restart and it never happens when I'm live or recording. Totally worth it as it's only a beta.

The only gripe I have is that the audio sources show up in the source window as sources. If there could be a way to make this work cross scene without having to use duplicates or make it work inside the audio mixer window the plugin would be essentially perfect and something I would have expected to be in base OBS.

I recommend this plugin to absolutely everyone. Voicemeeter is just waaay too intrusive especially when I'm not using OBS and this plugin completely fixes that for me.
Perfect if it didnt bug occasionally. FInding audio cuts out randomly on long streams but does come back. Not sure how to diagnose or fix. Working on making an asio link pro mix and just monitor everything through obs which is unfortunate
Thank you so much! This should be included in OBS by default please keep it up!
The latest beta made exiting OBS Studio fine. Working great for me with Discord, Pretzel Rocks and Lionboard to seperate audio and set all different audio levels.
Good tool, but I have some problems with it.

Regularly when I try to capture audio from Teams conference my video drive do something like restarting and then I have to restart OBS. It happens only during the start of capturing, in first 10-30 minutes. After crashing and restarting OBS capturing works good 1-2-3 hours (I didn't use it more time at once). And after some time, in next day for example, all of it repeats.

I'm not sure, but i think, some craches also I had when I tried to capture something with this plug-in when RTSS was turned on.
Without this plugin I have no one of this problems.
This Plugin is Godtier, BUT it comes with big problems.
My OBS keeps crashing when closing while this is installed.
One time my OBS did crash so badly that it nearly destroyed half of my scenes BUT I can't tell if it was this Plugin fault 100%.
But it was after a closing cra
Another BIG problem is: Games Like Valorant Voicechat will NOT be recorded EVEN if I have Valorants Ingame Sounds.
I think this is because voip in Valorant do not work directly over the Game.
So in all my recordings the voicechat is not recorded and I can't find any solution to fix that.