Resource icon

win-capture-audio v2.2.3-beta

EmazingErik

The only problem I have other than OBS not working properly is needing the support for Xbox Game Bar, that way I can finally set up all of my audio the way I've been wanting to.

AlsoaTV

Hi!
Thank you for this amazing plug-in. It does exactly what I'm looking for!

Sadly, the plugin will cause hiccups/crashes for the programs that has it's audio wired through OBS.
When capturing audio (music) from Firefox, it would crash, lag & stop responding.
Even OBS itself crashed at some point. Only program I didn't experience issues in was the game I was playing.

- All these issues were gone after I uninstalled the plug-in.
If anyone knows a fix I would be very grateful!

SightUp

Hi!
Thank you for this amazing plug-in. It does exactly what I'm looking for!

Sadly, the plugin will cause hiccups/crashes for the programs that has it's audio wired through OBS.
When capturing audio (music) from Firefox, it would crash, lag & stop responding.
Even OBS itself crashed at some point. Only program I didn't experience issues in was the game I was playing.

- All these issues were gone after I uninstalled the plug-in.
If anyone knows a fix I would be very grateful!
Does it result in a buzzing on the viewers end?

BlazingGunner91

Hi all i've been using OBS with win capture for a couple months now absolutely no problems until about a week ago i was streaming and a viewer told me the audio was super quiet so i checked and sure enough the audio was barely audible and i change absolutely no settings.

anyone else having this issue or found a work around? i've tried adding gain and it works to a extent but i have to dang near max out the gain settings

carecov

Hi all i've been using OBS with win capture for a couple months now absolutely no problems until about a week ago i was streaming and a viewer told me the audio was super quiet so i checked and sure enough the audio was barely audible and i change absolutely no settings.

anyone else having this issue or found a work around? i've tried adding gain and it works to a extent but i have to dang near max out the gain settings
I have the same problem. I putted all the audios to 600% but I wonder why it doesn't gave the same level of other sounds...

PapapazUK

Was there ever a fix found for the Game Chat audio issue within Warzone specifically? Really love this plugin but without the game chat available - I am forced to use Desktop Audio anyway and lose my split audio. Thanks in advance :)

BlazingGunner91

I have the same problem. I putted all the audios to 600% but I wonder why it doesn't gave the same level of other sounds...
i'm glad i'm not alone. i've tried everything i can think of reinstalling windows reverting to windows 10 all sorts of settings and nothing changes. the only thing i can think of is a windows update broke it.

i did notice tho if i remove the software for my headset from my computer it fixes it but i lose audio quality from my headset if i do that

HoosierLarry

This is a great plugin. It doesn't work with every program though (API issues?). For example, it doesn't capture Windows Media Player (wmplayer.exe) or Groove (music.ui.exe). It worked fine with Audacity (Audacity.exe), iTunes (iTunes.exe), and VLC (vlc.exe).

JusJayD

Myself and my friend who both use this plugin are also having the buzzing issue. Has anyone found a solution to this?

Fishonastick

Hello,

Quite a newbie here, so sorry if this has been asked before. I have been using win capture audio in OBS now for a week or two, and loving it. However, the sound alerts from soundalerts.com (which viewers in my stream can redeem for channel points) now no longer seem to play back for them. I read you need to capture your system audio for that, which kind of defeats the purpose of win capture audio, recording all apps seperately. Is there any way to get the sound alerts back while also using win capture audio?

Apparently, one person said in a comment on my video that moving the sample rate to 44.1 kHz, likely within OBS, fixes it. That's so then it (potentially) matches everything else in the user's system. That way, OBS doesn't have to deal with the notion of sample rate conversion.

I think what's REALLY meant is that sample rates need to be consistent throughout. This includes all sound cards, virtual audio cabling (at inputs AND outputs) and mixers (again, in and out), as well as sound cards.

However, I do have a personal issue with this, and mind you, this is my opinion; do with it as you will: I prefer 48kHz, which is the industry standard for television and other SD audio. I set my setups to 48kHz from top to bottom, and far as I know, no issues have come up.

Admittedly, some audio processing software will only work at 44.1kHz, so you go with that if you need to. The idea is that the ENTIRE sound pipeline needs to be the same sampling rate (and likely same sample depth, i.e. 16 or 24 bits throughout, though I don't know what kind of effect sample depth conversion has on this).

--Katt. =^.^=

Last edited:

SightUp

Apparently, one person said in a comment on my video that moving the sample rate to 44.1 kHz, likely within OBS, fixes it. That's so then it (potentially) matches everything else in the user's system. That way, OBS doesn't have to deal with the notion of sample rate conversion.

I think what's REALLY meant is that sample rates need to be consistent throughout. This includes all sound cards, virtual audio cabling (at inputs AND outputs) and mixers (again, in and out), as well as sound cards.

However, I do have a personal issue with this, and mind you, this is my opinion; do with it as you will: I prefer 48kHz, which is the industry standard for television and other SD audio. I set my setups to 48kHz from top to bottom, and far as I know, no issues have come up.

Admittedly, some audio processing software will only work at 44.1kHz, so you go with that if you need to. The idea is that the ENTIRE sound pipeline needs to be the same sampling rate (and likely same sample depth, i.e. 16 or 24 bits throughout, though I don't know what kind of effect sample depth conversion has on this).

--Katt. =^.^=
Hi Katt.

So help me out here. In my DAC settings, they are set to 16384 buffer size and Sample Rate is 384000. What do you recommend for me to do?

Swishers

Been running into an issue with audio screeching randomly on a ryzen 9 5900x. Had 0 issues on an i9 9900k. Any ideas to help fix?

king4567

我的英文不是很好,如果你看不懂中文,请查看下面的谷歌翻译
My English is not very good, if you can't read Chinese, please check the google translation below

关于插件的语言文本.ini。 我不知道这个是谁制作的语言文本,但是各个语言的翻译极其的不完善,
除了en-GB.ini 其他的只翻译了约40%
Language text .ini about the plugin. I don't know who made this language text, but the translation of each language is extremely imperfect,
Except for en-GB.ini, only about 40% are translated

我个人的观点:如果一个语言翻译没有达到100%翻译,那么不如使用默认的英语
My personal opinion: if a language translation does not reach 100% translation, then it is better to use the default English

QQ截图20220608135840.jpg
QQ截图20220608135818.jpg
QQ截图20220608135802.jpg
QQ截图20220608135701.jpg
QQ截图20220608135524.jpg

以下是来自简体中文的100%翻译 zh-CN.ini
Below is a 100% translation from Simplified Chinese zh-CN.ini

Name="应用音频输出捕获"

Mode="模式"
Mode.Session="从选择的可执行文件中捕获音频"
Mode.Hotkey="使用快捷键采集当前窗口"

ExecutableList="可执行文件"

ActiveSession.Group="从当前活动的会话中添加"
ActiveSession.List="会话"
ActiveSession.Add="添加可执行文件"

Exclude="从选定的可执行文件中捕获除当前音频之外的所有音频"

Hotkey.Start="采集当前窗口"
Hotkey.Stop="停止采集"

我翻译后的页面 VS 原来的翻译页面
my translated page VS Original translated page

QQ截图20220608142256.jpg

QQ截图20220608135352.jpg

我不知道中国(国家)- 台湾(地区)的语言表达方式是否和中国(国家),以下繁体中文来自简体中文直接翻译
100%的繁体中文翻译 zh-TW.ini

I don't know if the China (country)-Taiwan (region) language expression is the same as China (country), the following traditional Chinese are from simplified Chinese direct translation
100% Traditional Chinese translation zh-TW.ini

Name="應用音頻輸出捕獲"

Mode="模式"
Mode.Session="從選擇的可執行文件中捕獲音頻"
Mode.Hotkey="使用快捷鍵採集當前窗口"

ExecutableList="可執行文件"

ActiveSession.Group="從當前活動的會話中添加"
ActiveSession.List="會話"
ActiveSession.Add="添加可執行文件"

Exclude="從選定的可執行文件中捕獲除當前音頻之外的所有音頻"

Hotkey.Start="採集當前窗口"
Hotkey.Stop="停止採集"

Hi Katt.

So help me out here. In my DAC settings, they are set to 16384 buffer size and Sample Rate is 384000. What do you recommend for me to do?

O.O;;;;

Whoa, that's, like... way the heck up there.

Could you show me a screenie of your DAC settings window? I'd be interested in seeing this. 192kHz is usually the most frequent "high-definition" setting at the high end.

--Katt. =^.^=