Tuna

Tuna v1.9.7

frameowork

Hey @universallp,
I have some issues with the cover size. Sometimes it is very small (find the screenshot). Sometimes it has the format I expect. Don't know where can try to tweak as it happens even with the same song.
Best

View attachment 93092
A workaround is "scaling/aspect ratio" in filters of the source you are using. You can ensure that the cover is displayed at, for example, 128x128, regardless of the original image size. Usually it doesn't matter if the cover is blurry when displayed alongside the track info. Hope it helps.

frameowork

Sometimes track covers are not fetched correctly, and a default cover will be displayed. Log files point to curl errors as this one:
08:51:15.687: [tuna] Couldn't fetch file from file:///C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/vlc/art/artistalbum/Abso%D0%AFute%20Zero_%E3%81%82%E3%81%8D/TOHO%20EUROBEAT%20VOL.12%20DOUBLE%20DEALING%20CHARACTER/art.jpg to D:\Personalis\Virtual_Profiles\Streamer\Runtime\Tuna Now Playing Cover.jpg.tmp, curl error: Couldn't read a file:// file (37)
After testing with multiple tracks (~20), I guess it's related to curl's compatibility with east asian languages, because the path
"file:///C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/vlc/art/artistalbum/Abso%D0%AFute%20Zero_%E3%81%82%E3%81%8D/TOHO%20EUROBEAT%20VOL.12%20DOUBLE%20DEALING%20CHARACTER/art.jpg"
does point to an existing file. As vlcplayer sorts track covers by album names, the consequence is that tracks with east asian characters in their album titles can't have their covers correctly displayed.
To remove these characters manually sounds like a ridiculous idea, but is there anything I can do other than not playing tracks with east asian characters in their album titles?

Past attempts:
open obs with admin privilege
take ownership of the entire vlc art folder
multiple attempts to play a problematic track

Edit:
As vlcplayer sorts track covers by album names
... and by artists, which means names like "AbsoЯute Zero" can also cause the fetch to fail.

univrsal

Sometimes track covers are not fetched correctly, and a default cover will be displayed. Log files point to curl errors as this one:

After testing with multiple tracks (~20), I guess it's related to curl's compatibility with east asian languages, because the path

does point to an existing file. As vlcplayer sorts track covers by album names, the consequence is that tracks with east asian characters in their album titles can't have their covers correctly displayed.
To remove these characters manually sounds like a ridiculous idea, but is there anything I can do other than not playing tracks with east asian characters in their album titles?

Past attempts:
open obs with admin privilege
take ownership of the entire vlc art folder
multiple attempts to play a problematic track

Edit:

... and by artists, which means names like "AbsoЯute Zero" can also cause the fetch to fail.

Try this build

BioFUSION

I have this all working for the most part, a quirk im stuck with ATM that I cant figure out is, when I first fire OBS, it'll constantly
say no song playing, till I physically go into the properties of the Text Source, then it kicks in.

Says tuna is running at start. Ive tried a few various things, no luck.

BioFUSION

UPDATE: Ok, I noticed I dont have to go into properties, it starts working when I load the main scene. Its nested in the other where it does not work immediately. As a temp work around, I setup advscnswtr to just imediately goto that scene on startup then back, to get things going.

BioFUSION

You are gonna hate me by the time im done. So it was happening way too often so I decided to change the way my scenes were setup, because where the vlc sources were, they were nested in a group to make a script work (if source1 is active, and you activate s2, then s1 goes off, etc), figuring the problem was the group, this time I made a new root scene and put all 3 vlc sources in it and figured id swap'em out with move.

Well I can only get tuna to recognize 1, even though it let me add all 3 in the vlc tab, it will only update the txt file for one of the sources, it ignores the other 2 when they are active. This may have been the issue to begin with? It getting confused by more then 1 source? Even though before they were in there own scenes until nested together in the group.

FonixStudios

I was going to make the report on the site, but registrations are closed.

I keep getting the "INVALID_CLIENT: Invalid redirect URI" error message.

Steps:
I open OBS
Open the Tuna Settings, going to the Spotify Page.
I put in the Client ID and Secret then click Open Login Page, instantly getting the error.

I have tried to update the plugin with the latest OBS said there was, making a whole new Spotify Developer App different than the ones that my stream deck uses and it still does not work. I know you said you could not replicate it, but I have been getting this error for a month and a half now, with no luck or any idea how I could fix this. I am aware Spotify did have issues with the API, and around this time was when it went down, and hasn't worked since.

My Spotify developer app works on TouchPortal, and the Streamdeck Plugin. It does not work with Tuna currently.

Yes I do have Spotify Premium
Yes I have had it working before

BioFUSION

Ok, I swear this is my last post on the topic, I just wanted to give you a visual as opposed to my long text rant that was likely hard to follow, and was too tired last night. I dont know if this is by design, or a bug. Shows that the titles work fine in a scene with a single source, but include more then one VLC source, even if only 1 is active at a time, tuna only recognizes one of them and ignores the others. Sorry I posted like crazy, Ill try to be more organized next time. ;)

univrsal

Ok, I swear this is my last post on the topic, I just wanted to give you a visual as opposed to my long text rant that was likely hard to follow, and was too tired last night. I dont know if this is by design, or a bug. Shows that the titles work fine in a scene with a single source, but include more then one VLC source, even if only 1 is active at a time, tuna only recognizes one of them and ignores the others. Sorry I posted like crazy, Ill try to be more organized next time. ;)

If you added all the sources from the scene to the source list in the tuna dialog, you can switch between the different sources with hotkeys.
1681840943479.png
I guess picking the first active source should probably be default behavior if there are no mappings.

Edit: You can try this build, which now uses the first active source in a scene:

Last edited:

BioFUSION

This change works in a root scene, but if you group the vlc sources or nest the scene it goes back to "breaking", if nested or grouped the hotkey change doesn't fix it either, Ive spent the last 4 hours re arranging my 3 scenes to make it work with move filters and macros and its just not working. Dead in the water. Funny thing is, if you have 3 individual root sources with 1 vlc src in each, once they get grouped or nested, even though everythings in its own world at the top level, it goes back to only one working, mapped or unmapped, the hotkey wont make it work either, only if mapped and all 3 in the same top scene. Got work tomorrow so I gotta take my ass to bed.

Wish I had backed up were I was before attempting this last 4 hours... So much to revert...

BioFUSION

hmmm, I looked, nobody else supports the vlc source that I can find... how much would I have to scrounge up to "motivate" you ;)

univrsal

It's most likely just a small change so anything is fine, but keep in mind that I don't have patreon or paypal, there are only some wallets linked in my signature.

frameowork

Thanks for reaching out! I was using 1.9.5 already. The build just uploaded makes things fail entirely. No track cover can be displayed at all, which is funny...
1682086286894.png

I replaced placeholder.png with a rounded rectangle, so well.
1682087931760.png
1682086523258.png

The cover, attached to the audio f ile and recognized properly by vlc.

Tuna isn't fetching from vlc's directory (which seems to be already problematic). Instead it goes search on itunes, and gracefully returned a parse failure. Then it falls back to placeholder.png and keeps pumping out errors saying 'D:\Personalis\Virtual_Profiles\Streamer\Runtime\Tuna Now Playing Cover.jpg' does not exist, though it has this runtime cover file created for like 5 times, as I observed in file explorer.
22:09:32.868: [tuna] Cover file 'D:\Personalis\Virtual_Profiles\Streamer\Runtime\Tuna Now Playing Cover.jpg' does not exist
22:09:36.620: [tuna] Couldn't parse json from url https://itunes.apple.com/search?ter... -SEPARATED EDITION-&media=music&entity=album: illegal value
22:09:36.620: [tuna] curl_easy_init() failed when receiving json from https://itunes.apple.com/search?ter... -SEPARATED EDITION-&media=music&entity=album
22:09:36.670: [tuna] Cover file 'D:\Personalis\Virtual_Profiles\Streamer\Runtime\Tuna Now Playing Cover.jpg' does not exist
22:09:38.819: [tuna] Cover file 'D:\Personalis\Virtual_Profiles\Streamer\Runtime\Tuna Now Playing Cover.jpg' does not exist
22:09:39.823: [tuna] Cover file 'D:\Personalis\Virtual_Profiles\Streamer\Runtime\Tuna Now Playing Cover.jpg' does not exist
22:09:43.331: [tuna] Cover file 'D:\Personalis\Virtual_Profiles\Streamer\Runtime\Tuna Now Playing Cover.jpg' does not exist
22:09:43.940: [tuna] Cover file 'D:\Personalis\Virtual_Profiles\Streamer\Runtime\Tuna Now Playing Cover.jpg' does not exist
22:09:44.473: [tuna] Cover file 'D:\Personalis\Virtual_Profiles\Streamer\Runtime\Tuna Now Playing Cover.jpg' does not exist
22:09:45.011: [tuna] Cover file 'D:\Personalis\Virtual_Profiles\Streamer\Runtime\Tuna Now Playing Cover.jpg' does not exist
22:09:45.528: [tuna] Cover file 'D:\Personalis\Virtual_Profiles\Streamer\Runtime\Tuna Now Playing Cover.jpg' does not exist
22:09:49.997: [tuna] Cover file 'D:\Personalis\Virtual_Profiles\Streamer\Runtime\Tuna Now Playing Cover.jpg' does not exist
22:09:53.469: [tuna] Cover file 'D:\Personalis\Virtual_Profiles\Streamer\Runtime\Tuna Now Playing Cover.jpg' does not exist
22:09:54.982: [tuna] Cover file 'D:\Personalis\Virtual_Profiles\Streamer\Runtime\Tuna Now Playing Cover.jpg' does not exist
22:10:16.334: [tuna] Cover file 'D:\Personalis\Virtual_Profiles\Streamer\Runtime\Tuna Now Playing Cover.jpg' does not exist
22:10:16.336: [tuna] Couldn't fetch json from https://itunes.apple.com/search?term=Eurobeat Union EURO BAKAICHIDAI VOL.18&media=music&entity=album curl error: Couldn't resolve host name (6)
22:10:16.336: [tuna] curl_easy_init() failed when receiving json from https://itunes.apple.com/search?term=Eurobeat Union EURO BAKAICHIDAI VOL.18&media=music&entity=album
22:10:16.834: [tuna] Cover file 'D:\Personalis\Virtual_Profiles\Streamer\Runtime\Tuna Now Playing Cover.jpg' does not exist
22:10:16.835: [tuna] Couldn't fetch json from https://itunes.apple.com/search?term=Eurobeat Union EURO BAKAICHIDAI VOL.18&media=music&entity=album curl error: Couldn't resolve host name (6)
22:10:16.835: [tuna] curl_easy_init() failed when receiving json from https://itunes.apple.com/search?term=Eurobeat Union EURO BAKAICHIDAI VOL.18&media=music&entity=album
22:10:17.332: [tuna] Cover file 'D:\Personalis\Virtual_Profiles\Streamer\Runtime\Tuna Now Playing Cover.jpg' does not exist
22:10:18.456: [tuna] Cover file 'D:\Personalis\Virtual_Profiles\Streamer\Runtime\Tuna Now Playing Cover.jpg' does not exist
22:10:19.304: [tuna] Cover file 'D:\Personalis\Virtual_Profiles\Streamer\Runtime\Tuna Now Playing Cover.jpg' does not exist
22:10:20.170: [tuna] Cover file 'D:\Personalis\Virtual_Profiles\Streamer\Runtime\Tuna Now Playing Cover.jpg' does not exist
22:10:23.522: [tuna] Cover file 'D:\Personalis\Virtual_Profiles\Streamer\Runtime\Tuna Now Playing Cover.jpg' does not exist
22:10:26.888: [tuna] Cover file 'D:\Personalis\Virtual_Profiles\Streamer\Runtime\Tuna Now Playing Cover.jpg' does not exist
22:10:28.552: [tuna] Cover file 'D:\Personalis\Virtual_Profiles\Streamer\Runtime\Tuna Now Playing Cover.jpg' does not exist
Past attempts include:
- making sure "fetch cover" was checked and vlc as song source was chosen
- accessing D:\Personalis\Virtual_Profiles\Streamer\Runtime\Tuna Now Playing Cover.jpg successfully in web browser
- restarting tuna
- restarting pc
- playing multiple tracks (~20)
- chown the entire runtime directory to everyone full control
- falling back to release v1.9.5, which still partially works as stated before

trynastreamvlc

Hi, super new here! I'm trying to stream a few videos on OBS 29.0.2 with VLC Source (VLC player 3.0.18) and overlay the file titles on top. However, Tuna settings (Version 1.9.5-HEAD) doesn't show the option to add any "Song info outputs." Any help would be really appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-23 at 11.13.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-23 at 11.13.41 AM.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Screen Shot 2023-04-23 at 11.13.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-23 at 11.13.29 AM.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 24