Tuna

Tuna v1.9.7

univrsal

Downloaded "tuna-windows-x64-923df4b69" - runs without a hitch, and no freezing on any actions. Only anomaly is that playing/pausing from music control is inconsistent. Pause has to be pressed 2 times on average, and playing wont work no matter number of presses (until you use the forward or backward skip button afterward, then it changes the song and starts playing again). Attached that log, but that issue is low-priority as primary hanging/hitching issue is now resolved with this build. Great work, thank you!
Code:
11:17:55.157: [tuna] Response: {
11:17:55.157:     "error": {
11:17:55.157:         "message": "Player command failed: Restriction violated",
11:17:55.157:         "reason": "UNKNOWN",
11:17:55.157:         "status": 403
11:17:55.157:     }
11:17:55.157: }
11:17:55.157:

No clue what that means, I don't have spotify premium so I can't test this features. The controls used to not work at all because the API for them were broken, so I'm surprised they work at all.

DarkBox

Code:
11:17:55.157: [tuna] Response: {
11:17:55.157:     "error": {
11:17:55.157:         "message": "Player command failed: Restriction violated",
11:17:55.157:         "reason": "UNKNOWN",
11:17:55.157:         "status": 403
11:17:55.157:     }
11:17:55.157: }
11:17:55.157:

No clue what that means, I don't have spotify premium so I can't test this features. The controls used to not work at all because the API for them were broken, so I'm surprised they work at all.
It's not a feature I use anyway (I just use the song info from the music control dock), so it doesn't affect me. I did note that it didn't work before, but I just chalked that up to me not updating the plugin regularly. I have written a few scripts of my own that use the Spotify API and its incredibly finicky/inconsistent - Spotify API is notoriously awful. 403 in this case is supposed to mean that there are missing scopes on the authentication, but refreshing provides
Code:
"scope": "user-modify-playback-state user-read-playback-state user-read-currently-playing user-read-recently-played user-read-private"
so that clearly shouldn't be an issue. In any case, if it's not really a testable or supportable feature it's not a problem.

Sweet Blue

Hi all,

First of all, I'd like to thank universallp for the incredible plugin, really awesome to have this "universal" solution for music display on OBS.

Thus said, I'm struggling to use it with my personal music collection, and looking for advice on if there's a better solution or if someone could help me troubleshoot my issue.

TL;DR => here's my main issue :

- I tried using the new "Windows Media Control" source on my Windows 11 computer.
The problem is, I tried playing my music both with MusicBee and Foobar2000 and for both I have the same issue :
each time a new track starts playing, OBS freezes for a few seconds, and the CPU usage goes up in the meantime.
It seems the track detection is what causes the hiccup, but I don't even know where to start looking in order to fix the issue.

Alternatively :

- I've setup MPD on my Windows Computer, and I'm using an old Cantata version. Now, this is not the most convenient, and since I'm stuck with the Windows version, the resampler has quite a bad quality. Now, I know this is off-topic, but this would be a good solution for me, if only someone knew how to get an MPD build with a better resampler packed with it.

-I tried using Spotify and it works fine (albeit the track progression bar is glitchy), but it doesn't seem it would work with my local files (And, to be honest, Spotify's UX for local files is an atrocious experience)

-Maybe using IceCast could be a viable solution for me, but I struggle knowing how to set this up.

Someone has any advice, please?

univrsal

- I tried using the new "Windows Media Control" source on my Windows 11 computer.
The problem is, I tried playing my music both with MusicBee and Foobar2000 and for both I have the same issue :
each time a new track starts playing, OBS freezes for a few seconds, and the CPU usage goes up in the meantime.
It seems the track detection is what causes the hiccup, but I don't even know where to start looking in order to fix the issue.
I can't reproduce this. The new release might fix this, but you can also try disabling "Search for missing covers on itunes.apple.com" and see if that helps.
- I've setup MPD on my Windows Computer, and I'm using an old Cantata version. Now, this is not the most convenient, and since I'm stuck with the Windows version, the resampler has quite a bad quality. Now, I know this is off-topic, but this would be a good solution for me, if only someone knew how to get an MPD build with a better resampler packed with it.
https://www.musicpd.org/download.html contains the lastest mpd version for windows. You should be able to connect to it with cantata.

Sweet Blue

I can't reproduce this. The new release might fix this, but you can also try disabling "Search for missing covers on itunes.apple.com" and see if that helps.

https://www.musicpd.org/download.html contains the lastest mpd version for windows. You should be able to connect to it with cantata.

Kinda weird you can't reproduce it, but I'm not really surprised, I struggle with stutter issues in some apps that most people having a similar computer build than mine don't experience, so...

As for MPD, I know there's a Windows build on the official website.
But I'm a bit nitpicky and wanted to resample all my tracks with it so I could use the crossfade feature (which does sound really nice when streaming music).
The thing is (and this is pretty off-topic, sorry), Windows MPD builds on the official website do not offer anything more than the internal resampler, which does sound pretty crappy.

But with the help of someone I managed to compile a windows MPD build packed with libsamplerate. I control everything using Cantata on Windows, which is actually nice AND, well...

Tuna works incredibly well with MPD, here's a small example of my OBS overlay where you see me crossfading between a 44khz and a 48khz track :

Anyway, hope my experience can help some other people, because I do believe Tuna X MPD is really the best solution for people who, like me, want to stream their personal music collection instead of relying on streaming services =)

(If anyone's interested, I can share my MPD build and conf file)

Anyone know why the music control dock (tutorialized in the first post under a spoiler) is only half-working?
AhBTUuO.png

Previous track and next track buttons work as expected.
Clicking pause or stop causes the VLC video source to stop working entirely.
(It looks like this after that)
CY2q8rQ.png

After that, the play button doesn't do anything. But the previous track/next track buttons do reboot VLC Video Source from the start, as if I'd pressed the ↪️ button next to Filters.
Pause and stop work just like the buttons in the buttons in the context bar for me.
That's strange. How can I further diagnose the issue so I can get some help?

im having an issue rn with song titles i knew how on the old version buy doing %t but now i type title and when i play a song it only says title nothing else

douglasbudde

Hi
Im new to TUNA and was wondering if it can read music from the line in... I DJ from a laptop and the music goes to a PC with the OBS as AUDIO INPUT... if it doesn't do you have any recommendations?

TIA

douglasbudde

Hi guys
Im REALLY having trouble with TUNA... I have posted help here and reddit but have not received any replies...
My main question is how to setup TUNA to receive audio from an input source; for instance, I DJ from a laptop and the music goes to the streaming PC with OBS... what source do I use?

THanks

sidilicious

heya it seems to be broken for me on occasion (99% of the time the image shown for the album art is either the brave logo or a random thumbnail which i obviouslty dont want. i am using the VLC player part of it if that helps with you being able to help just me or fix this issue for everyone)