Tuna

Tuna v1.9.7

UncleWooly

Is it possible to disable Media Control in Tuna? I just want it to pull data from VLC Video Source in OBS only. By default it is Chrome and I don't want it pulling Chrome media info.

Donaldgeluk

How do I set up streamelements song requests with this? I don't see any option for it... or is there a different plugin for that? because I want to show the songs/thumbnails.

sidilicious

1679587483661.png
yeah not sure whats up with the album art it seems to pull any youtube thumbnail on my browser.

BioFUSION

Cant get this to work, I installed it, followed setup, file just has "nothing is playing" in it... I have vlc 3.0.18, tuna 1.9.5, downgraded to 1.9.0 when others didnt work. Only trying with 1 vlc playlist scene atm. This is all I see in the log related to tuna:

14:54:46.196: [tuna] Loading v1.9.0 (build time 2022.10.22 19:57). Qt version: compile-time: 6.3.1, run-time: 6.3.1. libobs: compile-time: 28.0.0, run-time: 29.0.2
14:54:46.265: [tuna] Logged into Spotify.
14:54:46.274: [tuna] Loaded 1 outputs
14:54:46.275: [tuna] Logged into Spotify.
14:54:46.277: [vlc-video]: VLC 3.0.18 Vetinari found, VLC video source enabled
14:55:18.017: [tuna] Logged into Spotify.
14:55:26.159: [tuna] Loaded 1 outputs
14:55:26.159: [tuna] Logged into Spotify.

I do notice when I add a scene in the VLC tab, the scene section nevers stays on my selected scene, so the box under remove never has anything in it, unless you reselect the scene, then it shows. Dont know if thats how its supposed to behave, not from descriptions ive read, but I dont know.

I only logged into spotify so it wouldnt keep saying not logged in, in the log.

Ideas?

BioFUSION

I guess you cant edit your posts here? I never understood forums doing that... Anyway I was in a hurry was only testing the format option useful to me... I want file name, which I guess VLC isn't compatible to use, so it was working the whole time, I'm just dim.

It was, but wasn't for my use case. Oh well.

ItsThatGuyJD

I'm trying to use the window title function to pull the info from my iTunes player but I get back a text that says just title and no album art. I used the spotify function no issue but would like to move to my itunes being the source is it possible to do?

iisGavin

I've recently updated to the most recent OBS and Tuna versions, and my Tuna will not get song names or artists. It has no problem whatsoever with covers. When checking the text filles, Tuna is not writing the song names or artist in them. But the placeholder does display. I have the correct paths set (desktop to make sure I could write to them) in the Tuna settings as well. I've tried moving the text files to different paths and checking, that doesn't do work either. I've relogged into Spotify multiple times and am now using the "Spotify Client ID" and the secret ID. Still nothing, someone please help!

univrsal

Here is my OBS log as well as the Tuna pop up screenshot!

Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/pdXLlVSPa3JxJUsN
Well the configuration seems to be ok, but the requests to Spotify seem be to taking longer than a second and then just time out, which is not good.

You can try this build (you'll have to manually install the plugin), which adds an option to increase the timeout to up to 10 seconds:
1680878072989.png

Additionally you can start OBS with the "--verbose" option and send another log, which will contain some more information:
1676817297941-png.91781

iisGavin

Well the configuration seems to be ok, but the requests to Spotify seem be to taking longer than a second and then just time out, which is not good.

You can try this build (you'll have to manually install the plugin), which adds an option to increase the timeout to up to 10 seconds:
View attachment 92999
Additionally you can start OBS with the "--verbose" option and send another log, which will contain some more information:
1676817297941-png.91781
I manually added the plugin files you gave and still no luck. Same thing as before, the cover updates but not the artist or song name. I did the "--verbose" thing, here is the log with the updated plugin files!

Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/5EikW4w0Ni0YwJta

Edit: Adjusted Tuna refresh rate MS to 10,000 after I uploaded this, still didn't fix it. Updated log to that one.

Last edited:

univrsal

I manually added the plugin files you gave and still no luck. Same thing as before, the cover updates but not the artist or song name. I did the "--verbose" thing, here is the log with the updated plugin files!

Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/5EikW4w0Ni0YwJta

Edit: Adjusted Tuna refresh rate MS to 10,000 after I uploaded this, still didn't fix it. Updated log to that one.
Seems like the requests are processed just fine. You could try using the spotify web client, but other than that I don't know what the issue could be.

iisGavin

Try updating your Spotify client, there's an older version that doesn't send the currently playing song to the Spotify API
Uninstalled my current Spotify application. Reinstalled it through the Microsoft Store, didn't work, uninstalled. Then I downloaded from the Spotify website and still not fixed.

univrsal

This is not an issue on my end, I didn't change anything. When you play songs with the latest version of the Spotify Client it just doesn't tell the Spotify API about the currently playing song. This is apparently a known issue:
These are the issues from when it last happened. Since it's working with the web client it's definitely an issue on Spotify's side and not an issue with the plugin.

ItsThatGuyJD

I'm trying to use the window title function to pull the info from my iTunes player but I get back a text that says just title and no album art. I used the spotify function no issue but would like to move to my iTunes being the source is it possible to do?
Does anyone now if this can work?

Wuestenigel

Hey @universallp,
I have some issues with the cover size. Sometimes it is very small (find the screenshot). Sometimes it has the format I expect. Don't know where can try to tweak as it happens even with the same song.
Best

Bildschirm­foto 2023-04-12 um 02.39.39.png