Tuna

Tuna v1.9.7

FierySoul135

The log says you have 16 outputs configured, so I don't know where your problem is. They're most likely there, but you can't see them because your screen is too small. This is what the list is supposed to look like:
View attachment 90238
If the file is created you still have to add it to obs as a text source.
Okay strange, I can't seem make the screen any bigger, though. I've dragged my cursor around where the output box is but I'm not seeing it change to where I can expand it lol. It's been that way since I first opened Tuna. I appreciate the help!

FierySoul135

Okay strange, I can't seem make the screen any bigger, though. I've dragged my cursor around where the output box is but I'm not seeing it change to where I can expand it lol. It's been that way since I first opened Tuna. I appreciate the help!
I tried moving the window onto my drawing tablet (Basically a 2nd monitor) and I was able to make the window bigger! You're right, all the outputs were there! Thanks again :))

Harky

HELLO feeling very stupid and having trouble finding the right version and instructions for installing for UBUNTU 20.04.5.
Can anyone help - the Overview just says:
"Linux
If you use a Debian based distro you can use the installer, all other distros currently have to either build the plugin from source or extract the binaries from the debian installer and move them into the correct folders themselves."

Which is too vague for my abilities... help

Harky

Ok I've upgraded to UBUNTU Jelly Fish 22 and I've installed Gdebi and i've downloaded and
run sudo gdebi /root/Downloads/tuna-1.9.1linux-x86_64.deb
which seems to work but I dont see it in tools
Do I have to restart OBS?
Ideally I dont want to because Im streaming

LukeSaward

Ok I've upgraded to UBUNTU Jelly Fish 22 and I've installed Gdebi and i've downloaded and
run sudo gdebi /root/Downloads/tuna-1.9.1linux-x86_64.deb
which seems to work but I dont see it in tools
Do I have to restart OBS?
Ideally I dont want to because Im streaming
If you had OBS open when you installed the plugin, you have to restart OBS.

ProjektMikoMiko

Hey, definitely the tool I was looking for, but for some reason the textfile only conatins the placeholder. Won't update to any playing song. Since I'm new to this stuff , propably an Error on my side, but I have no clue which. Watched tutorials and followed your manual, but no results. Any ideas? Thx in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-20 111541.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-01-20 111541.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot 2023-01-20 111625.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-01-20 111625.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot 2023-01-20 111709.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-01-20 111709.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 42

kingtigermusic

I have what is perhaps an unusual question: Is there a way to use more than one source simultaneously in Tuna, or perhaps run multiple instances of Tuna? Basically, I want to be able to use two separate text sources with song info from two music players - e.g., two different Spotify accounts, a Spotify account and VLC, etc. If it were possible, I'd be willing to run Tuna outside of OBS, as well.

EDIT: If it matters, this would be on Ubuntu 22.04.

Zyii

Hi there, I seem to be having an issue where any placeholder image I try to make and point the program at seems to overwrite it with the generic placeholder image either immediately or whenever a song stops playing. Even saving over the image seems to do nothing so I'm curious if there's a setting I'm just not seeing or is there something I'm not doing right? I pull my information off of Spotify if that helps any!

Attachments

• 1674458792592.png
    1674458792592.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 23

univrsal

Hey, definitely the tool I was looking for, but for some reason the textfile only conatins the placeholder. Won't update to any playing song. Since I'm new to this stuff , propably an Error on my side, but I have no clue which. Watched tutorials and followed your manual, but no results. Any ideas? Thx in advance
You'll need to upload your obs studio log file. My guess is that Spotify is limiting the request rate.
I have what is perhaps an unusual question: Is there a way to use more than one source simultaneously in Tuna, or perhaps run multiple instances of Tuna? Basically, I want to be able to use two separate text sources with song info from two music players - e.g., two different Spotify accounts, a Spotify account and VLC, etc. If it were possible, I'd be willing to run Tuna outside of OBS, as well.

EDIT: If it matters, this would be on Ubuntu 22.04.
No, unless you want to run two instances of obs studio.
Hi there, I seem to be having an issue where any placeholder image I try to make and point the program at seems to overwrite it with the generic placeholder image either immediately or whenever a song stops playing. Even saving over the image seems to do nothing so I'm curious if there's a setting I'm just not seeing or is there something I'm not doing right? I pull my information off of Spotify if that helps any!
That path is where tuna saves the cover of the currently playing song.
How do I change the placeholder?
The placeholder image is saved under C:\Program Files\obs-studio\data\obs-plugins\tuna\placeholder.png or ~/.config/obs-studio/plugins/tuna/data/placeholder.png. It can be replaced with a transparent png if you don't want anything to show when nothing is playing.

Zyii

The placeholder image is saved under C:\Program Files\obs-studio\data\obs-plugins\tuna\placeholder.png or ~/.config/obs-studio/plugins/tuna/data/placeholder.png. It can be replaced with a transparent png if you don't want anything to show when nothing is playing.
OH I completely misunderstood when I read through everything! Thank you so much for the clarification! Everything's working just fine now!

ProjektMikoMiko

You'll need to upload your obs studio log file. My guess is that Spotify is limiting the request rate.

No, unless you want to run two instances of obs studio.

Could fix it. Had to enable the share what you listen to setting in spotify. Works perfectly now. So thx again for the great work and of course the support

I'm having installation issues, could anyone help?
step 1: I ran tuna-1.9.1-windows-x64-Installer.exe
2: After that, tuna.dll and tuna.pdb appeared in C/Program Files/obs-studio/obs-plugins/64bit, where it should be
3: turn PC off then back on
4: I should see a new option in the Tools menu, but it's not there!
I'm on OBS 27.2.4 (I rolled back to an old version when 28 broke most of my plugins)

kruher

Hello.
I am using Windows Media Control (Browser-YouTube).
Is it possible to add a variable to display the chapter titles of the video?
Thank you.

LukeSaward

I'm having installation issues, could anyone help?
step 1: I ran tuna-1.9.1-windows-x64-Installer.exe
2: After that, tuna.dll and tuna.pdb appeared in C/Program Files/obs-studio/obs-plugins/64bit, where it should be
3: turn PC off then back on
4: I should see a new option in the Tools menu, but it's not there!
I'm on OBS 27.2.4 (I rolled back to an old version when 28 broke most of my plugins)
1.9.1 is for OBS v28 only.