Tuna

Tuna v1.9.7

noctr

Just a little heads up. As some people might have already heard, Google will disable manifest V2 at the beginning of 2023, which, as far as I know, is required for Tampermonkey and simiilar addons to work. This could affect you if you're using Chrome and you are using the user script which allows tuna to retrieve information from your browser. So uhh idk, maybe switch to firefox or something.

it seems like they will do it a year later https://developer.chrome.com/blog/more-mv2-transition/ :D

univrsal

So they're just postponing the issue a year? I guess people now have a year to choose a browser that will continue V2 support.

BearClaymore

Hi everyone.

I'm lost.

I used Tuna since 3 years with no issue... And i did the OBS 28 update with the Tuna update... and Tuna doesnt hook the music of spotify anymore (text and covers dont work anymore), so i tried to remap everything (.txt, covers etc) ... nothing good, the issue is still there...

So i tried to reinstal the old OBS version (27.2.4) and the Tuna 1.6.0, and the issue is still there >_< tried to remap text files again, but no... Tuna doesnt hook spotify anymore on OBS 27 and 28. (with proper tuna versions)

Please help <_< (i'm on it since 3 days, i'm become crasy)

PS : Sorry i'm french, my english is not perfect (yet).

EDIT : there are a way to remove everything from tuna ? cause deleting the tuna (and OBS) folders in "program files" is not enough, everytime i reinstal everything, Tuna remember my txt files, path, etc... how can i do a true clean instal ?
I had this issue too, and the problem seemed to be with Spotify's newest version. For some reason it was not publishing song information as it used to. Not sure exactly what the issue was there. I solved by installing an older version of Spotify. Another solution is to play spotify on the web, which does publish song info and is captured correctly by Tuna.

Garik85

i had this same issue,tried installing anything relative to obs and,finally,after updating spotify (i use desktop version from the web,not windows store wich comes with w11) it worked again

Gyoo

Hello,

I am trying to setup Tuna using a remote MPD server. Everything works well but the cover art is not retrieved and remains as the default "?" image
I am using latest OBS and Tuna versions.
The cover art is well displayed using other applications such as MPDCtrl on Windows.

Has anyone encountered the same issue ?

univrsal

Hello,

I am trying to setup Tuna using a remote MPD server. Everything works well but the cover art is not retrieved and remains as the default "?" image
I am using latest OBS and Tuna versions.
The cover art is well displayed using other applications such as MPDCtrl on Windows.

Has anyone encountered the same issue ?
MPD only supports cover art for local servers as of right now

Khailz

Hi, when using MPD, Tuna always freezes after saving any changes. It also never connects automatically and needs to be restarted to hook into MPD. Anyone else have this problem?

Khailz

Well, I figured this out quite quickly. Only took me a week to ask and then figure it out in the same day haha. Basically if you have a remote source and have a local directory for the cover art, if you save the settings with local connection checked instead of remote, it will freeze. I had to go into the config file and change
Code:
mpd.local=true
to
Code:
mpd.local=false

This stopped my freezing issue and now it connects just fine.

kwakwak

Hello.
I would like to know if someone knows why my covers don't update sometimes. I changed them but Tuna still showing the old covers again and again. Even when rebooting the computer.

picgirard

I don't have any particular problem with OBS, Tuna and Spotify, but my access token "expires in 3600" and I have to go through the whole process of reaching Parameters, then clicking on "Open ID page" every day. Would entering a Spotify ID client / secret help with that?

BigMeik

Heya,

I keep getting INVALID_CLIENT: Invalid redirect URI after clicking on "Open login page" on the Spotify tab.
I have tried to uninstall and re-install it for at least 10 times, logged out and back into Spotify, but all to no avail.

The weird thing is, no matter how "hard" I try to uninstall the plugin, it seems to remember some information I once put in - but I don't know how! E.g., the "Song placeholder" will always show what I initially put in, even though I deleted the plugin and re-installed a newer version. Where is that information stored? Could that be the reason why it keeps messing up? How does "uninstall" not delete everything that was put in with the program?

Additional relevant information:
Initially, I installed the program on a different user on the same PC. It worked there! After switching users (without touching the plugin) it ceases to work (error mentioned above). Now, even after uninstalling it from the user I initially installed it on and re-installing it on the user I actually want to use does not change anything as the program somehow remembers information mentioned above.

Is there anyone that has/had the same problem? I am out of ideas.

Best regards
Michael

BigMeik

Update as I don't see a way to edit the post above:

It was solved by adding to Spotify's "Redirect URIs" in the developer dashboard. Weirdly, it worked on the other user before without having this added.

Best regards
Michael

kyrthrix

Hello! I have a question! I want to separate the artist and album line in the browser widget, so it displays like this:

SONG TITLE
by Artist
on Album
- PROGRESS BAR -

but I'm no good with coding. I've already completely replaced the album image pull because it was broken for me, but I can't figure out how to make a new line and move the album to it. Does anyone know how to change the code around? For reference, it currently looks like this:

SONG TITLE
by Artist on Album
- PROGRESS BAR -

An image for reference:
1667088038149.png

PaiSand

SONG TITLE
by Artist
on Album
- PROGRESS BAR -

Edit the HTML file located in C:\Program Files\obs-studio\data\obs-plugins\tuna
Remember to open as admin the editor you use or the file will not save.

Look for this line artistLine += "<i>on</i> " + data['album'];
Change it for artistLine += "<br><i>on</i> " + data['album'];
notice the added <br> in front of the <i>

Also, if you want to change the by and on words for something else, do it inside the " ".

Notepad++ is one of the best text/code editors out there, if you wonder what to use to edit the html, or just use windows notepad.

Last edited:

kyrthrix

Edit the HTML file located in C:\Program Files\obs-studio\data\obs-plugins\tuna
Remember to open as admin the editor you use or the file will not save.

Look for this line artistLine += "<i>on</i> " + data['album'];
Change it for artistLine += "<br><i>on</i> " + data['album'];
notice the added <br> in front of the <i>

Also, if you want to change the by and on words for something else, do it inside the " ".

Notepad++ is one of the best text/code editors out there, if you wonder what to use to edit the html, or just use windows notepad.

Yep, that's the editor I use!! Thank you so much!! It worked perfectly. :D

1667095481180.png

univrsal

Hello! I have a question! I want to separate the artist and album line in the browser widget, so it displays like this:

SONG TITLE
by Artist
on Album
- PROGRESS BAR -

but I'm no good with coding. I've already completely replaced the album image pull because it was broken for me, but I can't figure out how to make a new line and move the album to it. Does anyone know how to change the code around? For reference, it currently looks like this:

SONG TITLE
by Artist on Album
- PROGRESS BAR -

An image for reference:
View attachment 88144
What music source are you using? The cover art works fine for me

Quilombo3

universallp, hi! I'm having a lot of issues since the last update.
If I click on refresh it does start to lag until OBS closes completely.
I'm not able to get a log since it does not generate one.
After a few songs it does stop to recognize the songs.
Am I the only one having this issues? I'll try to revert to an older version.