Tuna

Tuna v1.9.7

Basti303

Btw, check out my project that is only possible with your help, also donated already. <3

Basti303

Hi, since updating to new OBS and Tuna version, I am not getting shown the release year from source VLC anymore. This worked in previous versions. Anyone know how to show it?

edit: Everything else works.

It seems like the field "year" is not able to get read from VLC anymore? The only field that Tuna allows from VLC is "release_date". So should I move the year via mp3tag to another field? What exactly would that be?

czar

I am having a problem... tune is not working/showing up under tools in OBS, when I have SE installed on top of OBS. It is working fine without SE installed but I use SE for all my alerts and overlays so need it.
Can anyone help me with this?

PaiSand

I am having a problem... tune is not working/showing up under tools in OBS, when I have SE installed on top of OBS. It is working fine without SE installed but I use SE for all my alerts and overlays so need it.
Can anyone help me with this?
SE isn't needed at all, you can add custom docks for chat and activity (in their site you get the URL) and alerts goes throu a browser source.
Tuna is a separate process.
In order to fix the changes SE made, uninstall it, then uninstall OBS and install OBS again. Add Tuna for the OBS versin you are using. Latest Tuna only works on OBS 28 and up.

Avasam06

Tuna never worked with media sources, it only ever supported VLC sources.
Sorry I got confused between both because they have the same icon in OBS.

I am however experiencing an actual bug (which explains the behaviour I saw): Tuna only sees NEW sources that are added during my OBS session. If I close OBS and open it again. Tuna can no longer sees those sources (I am currently on 1.8.4)

Demo: https://youtu.be/AkXDLNUI8ws
Edit: bug reporting site is back up. This might be my issue: https://git.vrsal.xyz/alex/tuna/issues/182

Last edited:

univrsal

Btw, check out my project that is only possible with your help, also donated already. <3

Nice, it's always cool to see what the plugin is being used for.
I don't know where you donated, but it seems like I didn't receive anything. I appreciate the gesture regardless.
It seems like the field "year" is not able to get read from VLC anymore? The only field that Tuna allows from VLC is "release_date". So should I move the year via mp3tag to another field? What exactly would that be?
I've fixed the bug
1663352756339.png

It'll take a bit for me to make a new release, but you can try this nightly build once it's done (you'll need a github account, the download is at the bottom)

Basti303

@universallp: It worked, thanks for the quick fix! :-)
My donation was last year already. You helped me a lot with the timeleft info, I'm using it for triggering the lower down at the end of each video. :-)

KitPickles

Apologies if this has been asked before (not being able to search a 37 page thread hurts a bit) but will, or does, Tuna support showing a link to Spotify for a Track/Album? Would love to be able to link directly to a song via a chat command. Thanks in advance!

univrsal

Apologies if this has been asked before (not being able to search a 37 page thread hurts a bit) but will, or does, Tuna support showing a link to Spotify for a Track/Album? Would love to be able to link directly to a song via a chat command. Thanks in advance!
I've added the {url} option. It'll be in the next release.

adjstreams

Doesn't look like tuna is working for me since I moved to OBS 28 and installed Tuna v1.8.4 (I didn't remove the previous one). I also went back to v1.8.1 to see if that helped, but I get the same issue. All I'm getting is the song placeholder text. The response log seems to show that I'm authenticated correctly, so I'm not sure what else I can try.

Is there a config file I can delete perhaps to see if that helps?

Wanda__

Doesn't look like tuna is working for me since I moved to OBS 28 and installed Tuna v1.8.4 (I didn't remove the previous one). I also went back to v1.8.1 to see if that helped, but I get the same issue. All I'm getting is the song placeholder text. The response log seems to show that I'm authenticated correctly, so I'm not sure what else I can try.

Same for me.

I tried to remove old OBS (with old Tuna) too. No change.

It still work with your old obs (and old tuna) ? because not for me.

Tuna is completly broke for me. (spotify)
Doesnt hook Text, Cover or progressive bar anymore.

I tried to delete personnal Tuna files too (%appdata%\obs-studio\plugin_config), it changed nothing.

univrsal

Same for me.

I tried to remove old OBS (with old Tuna) too. No change.

It still work with your old obs (and old tuna) ? because not for me.

Tuna is completly broke for me. (spotify)
The only guess I have is that the requests are being denied because of rate limiting. If you're not using a custom client id/secret you can try that:

univrsal

This might explain it, I will try this later, but do we know if there are any plans to fix tuna to work with the latest Spotify?
This is not an issue on my end, I didn't change anything. When you play songs with the latest version of the Spotify Client it just doesn't tell the Spotify API about the currently playing song. This is apparently a known issue:

adjstreams

This is not an issue on my end, I didn't change anything. When you play songs with the latest version of the Spotify Client it just doesn't tell the Spotify API about the currently playing song. This is apparently a known issue:
Thanks for the clarification.

adjstreams

Can confirm my issue is the previously mentioned suggestion that the latest Spotify desktop client isn't sending info to the API, but the Spotify web player works fine, so for me it's an issue on Spotify's end. I'll keep an eye on the Spotify bug report.

reznov0ps143

Having an issue where my Tuna version wont work. I have tried installing the latest version of Tuna on obs 27 but it doesnt show up for me under the tools section. I installed tuna version 1.6.2 and logged in and everything but it wont work. any help? thank you