Stuttering Audio, Tried Everything

Calilum

To date I have...
... verified my drivers are all up to date.
... Made sure my devices all use 48kHz sample rate.
... Turned my bitrate up and down.
... Turned my Audio bitrate up and down.
... Verified my hardware is running cool.
... Tried disabling my webcam.
... Tried swapping USB port for my devices.

And my audio still lags for both voice and whatever game or video is playing in the background. It can't be internet speed as it shows up in video recordings with nothing but me talking as well and while running nothing but OBS and a black screen it shows as well. My Audio DOES NOT lag or stutter when recording on different software.

I've been at this 2 full days now with no solution.

Log File URL: https://obsproject.com/logs/aDCr6f1Pocfyagbp

konsolenritter

You have audio capture sources grouped and inserted into each scene apparently.
If you need your mic and things like desktop audio all time, why not configure as global audio devices instead (settings->audio)?

Calilum

You have audio capture sources grouped and inserted into each scene apparently.
If you need your mic and things like desktop audio all time, why not configure as global audio devices instead (settings->audio)?
I will be swapping to that instead but using a global source does not fix the issue as of present.

Calilum

When streaming or recording the audio skips or pops. BUT, only in OBS using stream elements or simple screen capture through discord does not produce the same issue.

konsolenritter

Aaah, thanks!
I dont know if its lagging, but anyways its totally chopping! Uuuh, thats nasty.

So for sure its not a matter of bitrate or audio bitrate. It's something that loads and burdens your rendering pipeline.
Look what the log analyzer says:

Your mic is usb, right? (Blue Yeti or something?)
Your usb cam seems oldschool: 320x240px with MJPEG, is that right?

Does it help your sound if you draw the cam off the usb?
Sometimes older usb devices hinder each other (or their drivers). That may go worse from win update to win update, too.

Last edited:

Calilum

Does it help your sound if you draw the cam off the usb?
Sometimes older usb devices hinder each other (or their drivers). That may go worse from win update to win update, too.

Can you explain what you mean by that last part?

How would I draw the cam off the USB?

Edit: Also yes, my Mic is Blue Yeti and its a super simple Cam, correct.
I also reviewed the Analyzer and My GPU runs about 40% with another test recording off Clip Studio and the Issue persists.

konsolenritter

**brood**

Really... *sigh*
Your pc hardware seems good, anyway. When came the issue up? Was it after updates? Are "windows sound enhancements" in the windows sound settings turned off (if that checkbox is available there)? Can you check against with another microphone? Does have obs exclusive access to the mic? Little by little i'm running out of ideas...

Calilum

Its been around for about 3 Weeks.(Edit it was exactly 21 days ago)

Windows Sound Enhancements are turned off and ALL possible used and unused Audio devices are on 48kHz.
As it is a Blue Yeti Mic Ghub has access to the device as well. But the issue doesn't occur on Discord or on Skype.

I also don't have another Mic sadly and I've always used this Mic for the past 2 Years.

Last edited:

konsolenritter

Good morning. The most single hint for today: ;)
Make a backup (export) of your current profile and scene collection at all.
Then start over with a fresh new profile and new scene.

Don't rearrange and put anything together at once. Start with a simplest possible configuration: just your Yeti and your cam.
Then (i know its elaborate) proof if that works and add every single element by element, proof again, to see when the great shit returns (if ever). Pfffffft...

Calilum

Good morning. The most single hint for today: ;)
Make a backup (export) of your current profile and scene collection at all.
Then start over with a fresh new profile and new scene.

Don't rearrange and put anything together at once. Start with a simplest possible configuration: just your Yeti and your cam.
Then (i know its elaborate) proof if that works and add every single element by element, proof again, to see when the great shit returns (if ever). Pfffffft...
Thanks I'll give that a shot for sure.

Drylx

Had this issue before, I fixed it by simply upping my samplerate from 41k to 48k.

You can use the log analyzer to find out whats wrong with your OBS.
Help > Log files > Upload current log file > Analyze

AaronD

Had this issue before, I fixed it by simply upping my samplerate from 41k to 48k.
That's not much of an "up". More of a match. Some rigs will need to go the other way, though 48k is preferred if you have a choice.

44.1k is a holdover from CD's, which themselves were based on analog video because they descended from a videotape-based audio recorder.
The consumer standard continues that, while the pro world uses 48k or a multiple of it. A mathematically-correct resampler will convert transparently between them, but OBS doesn't have that, hence the need to match.